PDA

View Full Version : NPH 4-16

T Bone
04-17-2011, 07:28 AM
Fished with my little girl Kylie.Launched at the CG station about 6:30.Met Mike (MVC) at the launch.Headed for the bait barge and got some beautiful big spunky anchovies.We got 2 bass in short order a sandie and a calico(Both short,but fun for my little girl)Kylie also likes to cast the krocodile for macs and they were willing to put a bend in the rod too.We paddled back up to the CG station to drift with the outgoing tide.This produced a few halibut with one keeper.It was too much for kylie and she had to hand that one off to dad(fun stuff on light line)
Lizard fish were everywhere.eating the skin off the anchovies even.One hung on to gulp jerk shad all the way to the surface like he was a little ling cod.Saw Dolphins in the harbor today too.Good Times...

inshorefisher
04-17-2011, 04:50 PM
sounds like an awesome day with your daughter. nice score on the legal halibut. :luxhello::luxhello::luxhello:

swank
04-17-2011, 05:00 PM
Way to go with the legal in NPH, they're pretty rare in my experience

JohnnyCope
04-17-2011, 05:33 PM
Been trying to get my oldest to go out but.that is a no go.But my youngest is all for it! I know for sure the little guy will just jump in after the first 5 in the water

MVC
04-18-2011, 05:43 AM
Nice meeting you at Newport. I caught a couple of fish but just as the tide started moving I had to leave. It was a great day to be on the water.