PDA

View Full Version : Malibu Extreme question?

jtw0524
05-10-2011, 07:47 AM
Hey guys Im new to the sport and been following the website for a while. So here is my question. I have been in the market for a kayak for a while and figured my best bet is to try and buy a used kayak as a package. I have been looking at ocean kayak and hobies mainly but found a Malibu recently. The package is an Extreme with FF, paddle, gaff, batteries, charger, bait tank, bed extender to carry kayak in truck. Is the extreme pretty stable and beginner friendly? Any info would be great. The price is 700. Seems fair to me what is your opinions.

Siebler
05-10-2011, 07:59 AM
The extreme is a very stable boat as has good speed to it as well. The only complain I had with this boat is that when it gets rough you will get wet. Other than this a great kayak.

taggermike
05-13-2011, 09:00 AM
I love my Extreme. Fast enough, very stable, my kids like the gator hatch, loads of storage, big comfy cockpit, good scuppers that drain the fast durring surf launches. Bad side- it's a heavy yak to carry, bow has little rise and will punch through chop/waves rather than ride over them(can get kinda wet), Doesn't handle well riding or coming in through the surf(at least for me). Plusses deffinately out wieght the minuses for me.