PDA

View Full Version : When it Rains it Pours

jorluivil
05-14-2011, 11:53 PM
Semi fishing related

Daughter involved in an accident Decembr 2010 - At Fault, little to no damage to our vehicle or other vehicle
Daughter involved in an accident 4/22 - other driver at fault
Car is picked up from body shop 5/13 at 5pm
Daughter calls at approximately 130pm 5/14 to say she was involved in another accident, looks like she's at fault. Fricken paint was still drying on her car

I had plans on heading to LJ or Cabrillo Sunday, trip is now canceled:(. Fortunately, our daughter was not injured in either accident but something tells me our insurance is going sky high. After talking to our insurance agent they suggested we remove her from our family policy and have her get her own insurance. As it is our insurance is already high because of our $100K/$300K coverage and now this.

Anyway...just wanted to share. This weekend sucks, so far.

Jimmyz123
05-15-2011, 05:28 AM
She's not texting while shes driving I hope, sounds like she's a little distracted while driving. Good luck man I hope the sky starts to clear for you.

maui jim
05-15-2011, 06:58 AM
Glad no one was injured or hurt......My daughter must be her twin...She also has had the accident "streak" 2 her fault and 1 not, and throw in a couple of tickets... :rolleyes:
Insuranace made us remove her from our policy, we had to sign some docs, and she is no longer able to drive any of my vechiles, for she will not be covered.:eek:
(she's in college @ CSLB (college@CSLB))

She now pays (her not me) $3,100 a year for the privlage of the road.....:(

Stupid phones, text and talk, even though she wont admit it..even when we see her text'n....:mad:

So I feel your pain Brother...:cool:

Willis
05-15-2011, 07:04 AM
How about this: don't let her drive for a few more years?

WahooUSMA
05-15-2011, 07:12 AM
Glad no one was injured or hurt......My daughter must be her twin...She also has had the accident "streak" 2 her fault and 1 not, and throw in a couple of tickets... :rolleyes:
Insuranace made us remove her from our policy, we had to sign some docs, and she is no longer able to drive any of my vechiles, for she will not be covered.:eek:
(she's in college @ CSLB)

She now pays (her not me) $3,100 a year for the privlage of the road.....:(

Stupid phones, text and talk, even though she wont admit it..even when we see her text'n....:mad:

So I feel your pain Brother...:cool:

X-2!!!

dsafety
05-15-2011, 07:53 AM
Most parents go through this kind of thing. Tough love is probably tougher on the parents than on the kids. Many of us have learned the hard way that by being overly generous and excessively forgiving to our kids, we can be spoiling them rotten and sending the message that there are no consequences for bad behavior.

When my kids were forced to pay for their own cars and insurance, they suddenly started driving more responsibly. Neither has had an accident since. Coincidence? Probably not.

Bob

bus kid
05-15-2011, 07:57 AM
bummer of a weekend. You are well overdue for a monster YT or WSB. Hope all works out for the best.

jorluivil
05-15-2011, 09:25 AM
(she's in college @ CSLB (college@CSLB))

Hmmmm.....you'll never guess what school my daughter attends. Hint: I have a sticker that says 'Beach Parent'

WahooUSMA
05-15-2011, 10:08 AM
Most parents go through this kind of thing. Tough love is probably tougher on the parents than on the kids. Many of us have learned the hard way that by being overly generous and excessively forgiving to our kids, we can be spoiling them rotten and sending the message that there are no consequences for bad behavior.

When my kids were forced to pay for their own cars and insurance, they suddenly started driving more responsibly. Neither has had an accident since. Coincidence? Probably not.

Bob

X-2 Again!!! Well said, Bob.

jorluivil
05-15-2011, 10:10 AM
At the end of the day all that matters is that she's OK. I know that's a bit of a cliche but seriously, I'm glad she was never hurt. Plan of action for tomorrow is to head over to AAA and have my name removed from the car registration and have our daughter get her own insurance. I can only assume she was texting during both at fault accidents, doesn't matter at this point because what's done is done. If she was hopefully this is lesson learned for ALL OF US.

Plan of action for today? Get this Bad Boy going!!!! Islander trip is only 26 days!!!!
.http://i997.photobucket.com/albums/af96/jorgelvillegas/2011-05-15_11-05-40_549.jpg?t=1305482973

dniss
05-15-2011, 11:17 AM
Daughter borrowed my truck to help move a friend a couple weeks ago ('coz having a truck means you're obliged to lend/share, right?) Got her friend moved, then rear-ended someone on the way to return it. My tongue still hurts from the biting it took that day...:mad:
Don't think you missed much today, pretty snotty and bumpy this morning, only managed some barracuda. Heard someone got a thresher. I headed in after feeling seasick and cold.

richard67b
05-15-2011, 02:51 PM
I'AM A GRANDPARENT TOO.
I DO BIG WRECKS FOR SEMI/DUMP/BOX TRUCKS////
PLEASE TALK TO ALL KIDS ABOUT USING PHONES, TEXTING WHILE DRIVING.:rolleyes: MY WORST JOB WAS AN ACCIDENT OF A GIRL THAT WAS COMING HOME FROM COLLEGE AND LOST CONTROL OF HER CAR WAS KILLED. THE CELL PHONE HAD 6 MISS CALLS FROM HER MOM. THE CHP OFFICER TOLD ME TO TURN IT OFF. THE FAMLY WILL BE NOTIFIED. THAT HAS BEEN MY SADDEST TOW I EVER DID:( :( :(

ericko
05-15-2011, 03:30 PM
well im going down south with the boys you no next weekend (tag-yak ,stinkymatt )and others if need be i can fit your yak on my yruck and we can car pool ...get your mind off the extra expense

xpresso2am
05-16-2011, 10:17 AM
My wife when she was younger was the same way....sorry to hear this news but atleast she is safe.

My wife had 4 accidents in the span of 30 days, 1 car totaled, and jacked up 3 other cars pretty good. Fast forward 7 years and she is now a decent driver.

No cell phones within hands reach is the rule, and when I ride with her, I monitor how she drives! I'm usually yelling LOL...

Anyways on a good note, I just ordered my OUTBACK!! she still doesnt know.

old_rookie
05-16-2011, 10:26 AM
Semi fishing related

Daughter involved in an accident Decembr 2010 - At Fault, little to no damage to our vehicle or other vehicle
Daughter involved in an accident 4/22 - other driver at fault
Car is picked up from body shop 5/13 at 5pm
Daughter calls at approximately 130pm 5/14 to say she was involved in another accident, looks like she's at fault. Fricken paint was still drying on her car

I had plans on heading to LJ or Cabrillo Sunday, trip is now canceled:(. Fortunately, our daughter was not injured in either accident but something tells me our insurance is going sky high. After talking to our insurance agent they suggested we remove her from our family policy and have her get her own insurance. As it is our insurance is already high because of our $100K/$300K coverage and now this.

Anyway...just wanted to share. This weekend sucks, so far.

I'm glad she is ok - when I first started reading I really thought she was going to be in the hospital.

I wont' even let my 17 yr old son drive - first show me responsibility and following simple rules - then we can talk about driving. Eventually he's going to hit 18 then find out what its all about - ins. is expensive!!

FishinReelDeals
05-16-2011, 06:02 PM
I think this is the reason my parents had nothing to do with buying me a car!! Way too much money if I crashed it, and was on their insurance.

jorluivil
05-17-2011, 12:43 AM
well im going down south with the boys you no next weekend (tag-yak ,stinkymatt )and others if need be i can fit your yak on my yruck and we can car pool ...get your mind off the extra expense

I can fit two on the rack and two in the bed so the more the cheaper for all of us.

tunaseeker
05-17-2011, 06:19 AM
My daughter just turned 13 and I have been dreding this for some time! Maybe I can borrow that trike you have on the top shelf in your garage and let her drive that thing around awhile, insurance would be cheap!;)

jorluivil
05-17-2011, 07:01 AM
My daughter just turned 13 and I have been dreding this for some time! Maybe I can borrow that trike you have on the top shelf in your garage and let her drive that thing around awhile, insurance would be cheap!;)

You just gave me an idea.