PDA

View Full Version : Does the hobie bait tank fit in a 08 outfitter flush?

oneyedeer
05-18-2011, 06:52 AM
I read the description on it but don't see them mentioning the outfitter...just weighing my option if it does then I could see spending the extra money

Iceman
05-18-2011, 07:20 AM
There are no scuppers in the rear of the Outfitter, so you can not set it up to pick up and outflow. You would have to modify or use something that is drawing over the side as well as draining.

oneyedeer
05-18-2011, 07:42 AM
thanks ice!

-scallywag-
05-18-2011, 09:08 AM
The hobie tank will not work.

A rear mounted bait tank, like the ones Andy suggested, and OEX sells, will work fine when fishing with two people.

When fishing solo, consider building a larger bait tank and strapping it forward in the front footwell, along with a small cooler, exc... to trim out the yak. I guess the OEX bait tank could just be strapped up front instead of building a second tank, but I like the extra weight of the larger tank up front.

have fun!!!

RedSledTeam
05-18-2011, 10:13 AM
This is an OEX baittank on the back of my outfitter. I tried to fill it up while fishing CDM but quickly found out when we stopped moving that you can't fill it up all the way or you'll sink!!:eek::eek::eek: I have to regulate the waterlevel to about 3 inches to still be safe. If you put it up front while going solo, you should have no problem. When not being used as a baittank, it makes a great storage bin and of course a rod holder for 8 rods. :sifone:

oneyedeer
05-19-2011, 09:57 AM
What size did you used the 40 or the 60 pet container? weight is my concern to is the wieght...also how hard is it to add a scupper? how much would OEX charge? i'm a beginner so any advice is GREATLY appreciated...secondly those who do thru hulls why I haven't seen anybody design a tank like Hobie with the pump inside and in the bottom of the tank

RedSledTeam
05-19-2011, 01:48 PM
What size did you used the 40 or the 60 pet container? weight is my concern to is the wieght...also how hard is it to add a scupper? how much would OEX charge? i'm a beginner so any advice is GREATLY appreciated...secondly those who do thru hulls why I haven't seen anybody design a tank like Hobie with the pump inside and in the bottom of the tank

I bought the tank from Aquahunter here's the post and the specs: http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/showthread.php?t=8700&highlight=aquahunter&page=4

I just drilled a hole in the side and added pvc plumbing and a vinyl hose for the scupper. You can build a tank with a pump inside, but placing the pump in the water negates the priming of the pump issue. It's small enough to where I don't notice it.

Iceman
05-19-2011, 01:56 PM
also how hard is it to add a scupper? how much would OEX charge?

Not a viable option!

RedSledTeam
05-19-2011, 03:11 PM

In your case, can you define exactly what you mean by "scupper"? Where and what purpose?

Aquahunter
10-19-2011, 08:17 AM
This is an OEX baittank on the back of my outfitter. I tried to fill it up while fishing CDM but quickly found out when we stopped moving that you can't fill it up all the way or you'll sink!!:eek::eek::eek: I have to regulate the waterlevel to about 3 inches to still be safe. If you put it up front while going solo, you should have no problem. When not being used as a baittank, it makes a great storage bin and of course a rod holder for 8 rods. :sifone:

Correction, sorry this took a long time for me to reply, I had the tank custom made and slapped on the OEX sticker because I bought most of the parts from OEX.