PDA

View Full Version : trolling a mac

carbonbass
05-18-2011, 12:53 PM
Would love to try this effective method but am unaware of the fundamentals. Do you just let out x amount of line and then set the clicker? Or is the spool always in free spool until you hook up. Can anyone share some other bycatch trolling a MAC other than t-sharks wsb and yt? What if I added a sliding sinker and trolled near the bottom? Just asking some intriguing questions any answers appreciated.

Jimmyz123
05-18-2011, 12:59 PM
Would love to try this effective method but am unaware of the fundamentals. Do you just let out x amount of line and then set the clicker? Or is the spool always in free spool until you hook up. Can anyone share some other bycatch trolling a MAC other than t-sharks wsb and yt? What if I added a sliding sinker and trolled near the bottom? Just asking some intriguing questions any answers appreciated.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-ksXUNGkig

Distance back I've been told about 50 feet or so.

flydigital
05-18-2011, 01:30 PM

Bycatch: Cuda, Bonito, Mako. Can't remember ever catching a Bass that way but I'm sure I have at some point.

But yeah just let the line out and set the clicker. 50ft is about right. I keep my flyliner in the rod holders behind me so the line doesn't tangle with the rear of the kayak and I can still make turns if needed. And yes this works with weight when you want to go deeper too. Sometimes I run one up high and one down low, works well and they don't tend to cross.