PDA

View Full Version : Camping with Kids need help

krmaxima
06-16-2011, 09:59 AM
I am planning to take 6 kids camping during July 4th weekend but am totally lost. I want to camp near the beach so we can kayak and also surf fish. If you guys know any good spots Please let me know.

Thank you

StinkyMatt
06-16-2011, 10:35 AM
4th of Jul weekend by the beach will be VERY difficult to get. Many campsites have a few spaces reserved for walk up campers, but these are difficult to plan/ count on.

For beach camping, Carpinteria State Beach can not be beat. Excellent sites, gentle beach, tidepools, hot showers, close to stores etc. Nice surf fishing.

Good luck with the trip.

bubblehide
06-16-2011, 11:16 AM
ReserveAmerica.com is a site that handles most of the camping reservation process in Ca; but the summer months tend to get booked up 6 months or more in advance. You may want to select a few spots and check the site frequently for new cancellations/openings, but if something opens up that you want, don't hesitate and a minute later it will be booked by someone else.

Best of luck!

467echo
06-16-2011, 11:34 AM
ReserveAmerica.com is a site that handles most of the camping reservation process in Ca; but the summer months tend to get booked up 6 months or more in advance. You may want to select a few spots and check the site frequently for new cancellations/openings, but if something opens up that you want, don't hesitate and a minute later it will be booked by someone else.

Best of luck!

I book them often when I remember, 7 months in advance and all sites are booked within seconds for the whole month, holiday or not. You must plan for next year if you really want to do it. Good Luck

mtnbykr2
06-16-2011, 12:29 PM
campgrounds you are wanting will be buried but, I have been successful or
lucky on a few occasions to get to the gates when the ranger shows up, and check for no shows or cancels, you just have to go into it with the mindset that you may be returning home that day.
with that said, Refugio is by far the best for your situation and crew, next up would be Goletta same deal show up early am and pray for a spot, my guess is that it will be next to impossible on the 4th week period, maybe a sierra trip might be a better bet just change up the equipment and hunt trout...good luck

MalibuJohnny
06-16-2011, 01:15 PM
Silver Strand Beach...surf fish and have access to the SD BAY

mtnbykr2
06-16-2011, 01:47 PM
I must check out this Silver strand beach you speak of...:reel:

Jimmyz123
06-16-2011, 01:52 PM
I must check out this Silver strand beach you speak of...:reel:
Not sure if the strand is a first come first serve location anymore, but you may want to call and find out. They get pretty well booked there.