PDA

View Full Version : won article by asg

tptrench
06-24-2011, 05:51 PM
I just finished reading an article in WON about etiquette and fishing written by ASG. It's obvious that you shouldn't fish anywhere near a cattle boat because they are making a living from our fishing grounds and one shouldn't interfere with that. Understandable! Chum line and all. Stay away, common since!!!
What are you supposed to do when you've been fishing an area for over an hour and a 1/2 day boat comes through closer than 50 feet, anchors up, up current from where you've been for over an hour, and starts yelling at you over the PA. Get the F@#$% out of our area! This has happened to me and several friends more than a few times. Just wondering.:cheers1:

Hunters Pa
06-24-2011, 05:59 PM
Start taking video & make sure you have channels 9 & 16 ready to go should you choose to stand your ground.

I personally liken it to an a$$hole behind the wheel of a big rig & me on a motorcycle. Are you right? Yeah. Are you willing to take the risk of lead & jigs flying at you? Your choice.

EDIT:

I read teh article too & yeah, they are out there making a living. But the have no right to risk MY life to do it

FishinReelDeals
06-24-2011, 06:06 PM
All show the same respect others show me. You don't have to be an a$$hole to make a living!

GHOSTHUNTR
06-25-2011, 07:29 PM
To me the whole point of kayak fishing is to stay away from the crowds and stinkboats, never go near the cattleboats. They never get the giants that we do with all the noise they make anyway.

deepdvr
06-25-2011, 09:35 PM
My favorite part of the article was when ASG said he was leaving on a 5 day trip. :luxhello: