PDA

View Full Version : Kayak Upgrade Question

KayakNinja
06-29-2011, 12:17 PM
Hey all,

I'm up in north Orange County, and I'm aware that the white sea bass scene for kayak fisherman up here isn't too great, but I'm still curious about getting out and trying for them around the CDM kelp and off of Huntington.

That being said, I need a more seaworthy kayak, as the Pelican Castaway 116 I have right now is slow, low in the water, and not safe for anything other than harbor bass fishing.

I'm on a tight budget, but I had an idea. Does anyone know if kayak rental places ever sell older models for cheap, and if they do, does anyone know where I should look? My dad rents a Prowler 13 from Sports Chalet and I know some other rental places have some pretty nice fishing kayaks, but everywhere I've asked has shot me down. Thanks.

As of now, I'll just keep my eyes peeled on Craigslist. :p

PapaDave
06-29-2011, 01:21 PM
There are kayak rental shops in Newport Harbor, Dana Point Harbor, Sunset Beach, Oceanside Harbor and San Diego that you might try talking to.

Hunters Pa
06-29-2011, 02:45 PM
Go talk to Andy at OEX in Sunset Beach maybe you can get something for your old one in trade.

bigbarrels
06-29-2011, 03:28 PM
Go talk to Andy at OEX in Sunset Beach maybe you can get something for your old one in trade.

x2

KayakNinja
06-29-2011, 04:12 PM
Alright, thanks for the info guys, much appreciated.

bus kid
06-29-2011, 04:43 PM
x3, Andys a good guy, will give you a fair deal on the trade.
They also have great financing, 0% interest, no payments, 100% down and you too can own a great kayak.:biggrinjester: