PDA

View Full Version : June Submission

RK
06-30-2011, 11:12 AM
Its the end of the month this morning was my last shot at a YT because after 3 dedicated incredibly boring halibut sessions and so secret gps coordinates for some honey hole down south, Im done... I even pathetically fished the bay one day in search of one.

I had one shot at YT eating squid on the surface and first cast of the surface iron managed to get the worlds worst backlash and blow that shot which was embarassing to say the least, missed multiple short bites the day LJ went wide open with only a couple old salts from this site absolutely dominating.. I caught a few white seabass this month, but this was the biggest.

Then with 27 days left in the month I thought this guy was the forty pound YT I had been looking for but talk about a boner killer... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYe1ow1r3NU
Thanks for the video Scally...

Therefore without further ado my modest June Sub..

Caught June 3
29 Anorexic Lbs on the dot
45" Broom length.
Live bait 120ft of water

To those of you that I saw land fish this month job well done I had the privelage of watching some pigs landed you know who you guys are, very inspirational...

Looking forward to July.........

Dan thanks for the photo.

THE DARKHORSE
06-30-2011, 11:24 AM
Until the clock strikes midnight, I'm just not taking the bait---you sand-bagging son of a -----!!! :biggrinjester:

RK
06-30-2011, 12:00 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.....
Its the "one"... I lost a shit load of sleep fishing 12 hour sessions this month for fish smaller than this and by the end of the month the surf switch turned on. I gave it a solid last ditch effort the last 48 hours and last night was a mistake, and today I got to fish next to my good friends the seiners who would make terrible fly fishermen....
Next month.

RK
06-30-2011, 12:05 PM
And Josh Nice Flattie upgrade by the way.:cheers1:

sharonkayak
06-30-2011, 02:10 PM
nice video. I like watching the fish bob to the top.