PDA

View Full Version : Want to Buy Yakima Roof Rack

oceanfishing
07-21-2006, 09:01 AM
I looking for a single rack or double rack that can fit a 2003 Toyota Tacoma Pre-runner. Or just a set of #124 Yakima Q Towers with or without Clips

Thank,

Brent

oceanfishing@earthlink.net

cabojohn
07-21-2006, 06:16 PM
Look into the Yakima Outdoorsman. EZ install & removal that hooks under the lip of the truck bed. As long as you dont have a bed liner that goes over the rail your golden.
I found a used pair / rack pretty cheap. 4 kayaks with the stacker no problemo.
Not the very best looking but it works fine. I use this on my Taco.

**Another cheap option if you have a tow hitch is getting the harbor freight bed extender for $19. I use this when i'm to lazy to put the rack on...

cabojohn
07-21-2006, 06:17 PM
Look into the Yakima Outdoorsman. EZ install & removal that hooks under the lip of the truck bed. As long as you dont have a bed liner that goes over the rail your golden.
I found a used pair / rack pretty cheap. 4 kayaks with the stacker no problemo.
Not the very best looking but it works fine. I use this on my Taco.

**Another cheap option if you have a tow hitch is getting the harbor freight bed extender for $19. I use this when i'm to lazy to put the rack on...

oceanfishing
07-22-2006, 06:56 AM
Thanks for the info, I have the Bed Extender now from Harbor Freight and thats great. I was looking for some thing near or on the cab to keep the 15-foot Kayak from sticking out the back. Thanks agin and I will look at the Yakima site.

Brent