PDA

View Full Version : Dana Point tomorrow...

fishsouthcounty
08-03-2011, 10:44 AM
Off tomorrow and plannin on fishing Dana Point. Probably get to baby beach around 630 cause of the slack tide around 650 and then an almost 5 foot swing to the high at 1ish. Anyway, warm weather and the water temp picked back up a couple degrees after this west wind that cooled it down. Could be a decent day, hopefully those little yellers will show back up.

mtnbykr2
08-03-2011, 11:20 AM
I hope you do well out there tomarrow, let me know what the swell looks
like, go get um:reel:

fishsouthcounty
08-03-2011, 11:25 AM
I hope you do well out there tomarrow, let me know what the swell looks
like, go get um:reel:

Thanks Brett...Conditions all look pretty solid. Small swell at high intervals and a good tidal swing. Unfortunately the temp is still rebounding so its only listed at 66 but guess it could be worse. Heard they recently saw a 15 foot taxwoman in front of the headlands.

bus kid
08-03-2011, 03:22 PM
Slacker... get a real job 9-5 mon- fri. :biggrinjester:
F'n weekday fishermen.

Good luck and post up a report for those of us that have to work. :jig:

MVC
08-03-2011, 04:21 PM
Fished Dana Pt this morning for a few hours. The water temp is about 60 degrees outside of the harbor. I fished the Headlands and did not even get a raked bait. The wind came up by 10:00 so I headed in. Hopefully this wind will go away soon and the water will warm back up.

fishsouthcounty
08-03-2011, 07:44 PM
MVC ...thanks for the heads up. Magicseaweed shows the temp back up to 66 so i thought i might have a chance. Gonna be bummed if its that bad tomorrow, although i dont have an FF so i guess ill never know. Either way, havent gotten out on the yak in about a month so its gonna be nice either way.

and to Bus Kid....think about it this way....i may be able to fish on the week days...but i gotta work the weekends

carbonbass
08-03-2011, 08:13 PM
think im gonna opt for newport instead, after eds report from today i will try for mr t at my local harbor. Pm me if u find the yellows

fishsouthcounty
08-03-2011, 08:40 PM
think im gonna opt for newport instead, after eds report from today i will try for mr t at my local harbor. Pm me if u find the yellows

Good luck out there tomorrow.

sammysamsam
08-07-2011, 02:14 PM
where do you guys check the tide and water temp for dana point?

fishsouthcounty
08-07-2011, 08:42 PM
i use magicseaweed and surfline mostly