PDA

View Full Version : NEED: Water Pump 1500 Silverado

Tman
09-30-2011, 06:03 PM
Kayak related, only way to get the yaks to the pond...

Any of you guys or gals have any connections?

Truck overheated twice, once am taking Clay to school, changed the thermostat, went to pick him up, overheated again (yes I know I am phooked).

Took off water pump, wondering if any of you can get one cheap or maybe trade some reels, rods, hell, even a freezer loaded with prime bug bait...even some :eek: nets/bait cages...

PM me, appreciate any help. Cell 619-392-4186

At this point I'm ready to trade the phooker for a VW Bus or Vanagon...:the_finger:

467echo
09-30-2011, 07:23 PM
Usualy labor is the costly part of it. You should be able to get a water pump for that for about $100 at almost any parts store. Good Luck

Tman
09-30-2011, 08:38 PM
That is why I took the pump off myself, pretty easy actually.

Getting an extra Benjamin? :doh:

467echo
09-30-2011, 08:47 PM
If you have some nets to sell, now would be a quick easy time to sell, hell I might get some off of you.

Billy V
09-30-2011, 09:17 PM
A few things to be aware of when replacing a water pump.

Use an RTV Sealant that is specifically design for Water Pump/Thermostat housing - with Glycol resistance.
This one -> http://www.permatex.com/products/Automotive/automotive_gasketing/gasket_makers/Permatex_Water_Pump_Thermostat_RTV_Silicone_Gasket .htm

Also
A couple of the lower bolts on the pump will pass through the coolant. Those bolts need to be prepped with sealant as well.

Lastly
Prep and clean your mating surfaces carefully to remove all the old gasket material. When you apply the New gasket sealant use a moderate amount - enough to get the job done - not an overloaded amount.
-The reason for this is excess sealant will find its way into your radiator and clog cooling passages.

Its a straight forward job from there.

coxtanker421
10-01-2011, 04:12 PM
stupid ? do they have pick a part in s.d. im in s.f. valley. i could be wrong but those pumps should be a dime a dozen? pm if u want a LA price? heading that way soon.

mtnbykr2
10-01-2011, 09:30 PM
thanks for the tips nice talkin to ya, talk to you soon...late....b:reel::reel:

Tman
10-02-2011, 09:24 AM
stupid ? do they have pick a part in s.d. im in s.f. valley. i could be wrong but those pumps should be a dime a dozen? pm if u want a LA price? heading that way soon.

Ouch...I got feelings too ya know...

Definitely not much sense putting a used one on, that would be, well, stupid.

mtnbykr2, thanks for the tips. :you_rock:
Appreciate all of your input, esp with the experience you have.
This is what makes BWE good...

Billy V, putting the pump on manana, you coming over?:sifone: