PDA

View Full Version : Dana Pt, 11-14-11

Amish Ed
11-14-2011, 06:46 PM
I woke up late and didn't get onto the water until 7:15. Headed straight for the Pipe. The offshore wind was really stiff and made for some sloppy conditions. Between the wind chop, south swell, north swell and boat wakes it was not a day for the faint of stomach. Made for a pain in the neck paddle too. By 8:30 the offshore died and by 9:00 the south wind kick in just as strong. Water was 61.1º - 61.5º and not so clear. Fog sat on the horizon, but never came in.

Anyways, I started in 45' and by the time I hit 50' I was getting bit. The first hour or so I got six bass. The second 2 hrs got me 2 more bass, a short butt, and a tree fish. Plus, I missed a lot of fish too. Hot baits were, 4" redfish Flurries and 5" MC dropshot bait (rigged on an Owner Sledhead) in key lime. Runner up was the 4" Flurry in Baitball. Also rans included 3" Flurries in gold chovie and sea food. I probably could've picked away with the Baitball, but the wind got really annoying, so I headed in at 11:00.

I think the fish are finally adjusting to the lower temps. As evidence, most of my bass were calicoes, and all but one of the bass were legal. Best fish going about 2lbs. Considering my fish count for my last 4 trips totaled 9 bass, I considered today pretty decent fishing.

danjor
11-14-2011, 06:58 PM
Sounds like you had a good day. I didn't have as much luck but than aging I was fishing for bigger stuff. Like these smelt that were pushing 2 lbs lol lobster bait. Never seen smelt so big!

Amish Ed
11-15-2011, 10:39 AM
Sorry on the blank. I didn't see much bait around the Pipe either. Watched one guy trying to make bait, but I don't think he had much luck.

andrewtp
11-15-2011, 09:00 PM
Thanks for the report, I really need to get on the yaks and throw some plastics at those bass.

DanaPT
11-16-2011, 07:27 AM
I'm going to scope it out later today, maybe do a dawn patrol mission on Thursday.

blitzburgh
11-16-2011, 11:14 AM
That's a good day to me!

andrewtp
11-16-2011, 07:14 PM
I know with fishing freshwater bass pre- cold front and during the storm is good, and post front real tough. Do the sw bass react the same way?

Amish Ed
11-16-2011, 09:47 PM
Yeah Andrew, salty bass pretty much act the same way.