PDA

View Full Version : Can dolphins create draft?

leifo
02-06-2012, 06:23 PM
Yesterday was a dream day. I did not catch my target, but it was productive for bait and some action on smaller species. I met some cool anglers all in the same pursuit. I saw whales, and like always the sea was alive. After about 12 hours of peddaling, paddling and casting (I only planned for 4) I found myself exhausted paddling against the current toward the launch. It was a battle that I did not prepare for with the proper food, water and rest. I also must mention that my doctor has warned me about over exertion, but I am not going to let that keep me from this new challenge of kayak fishing. Totally alone at the breaking point a pod of dolphins decided to join me. I mean literally join me. They swam with me crisscrossing, jumping and brushing against my outback. I could not believe it. I have seen dolphins and had many experiences with them but nothing like this. Their presence actually revived me and inspired me to keep going as strong as possible. The peddaling and paddling even seemed easier as well. They stayed with me for about 30 minutes practically to the launch. Last night they were in my dreams. Today, I told my students about it. One of them made an interesting point with a question: Could I have been drafting with their swimming force? I don't know, but their presence did improve my progress 100%. Any ideas? Leif

dorado50
02-06-2012, 06:58 PM
I believe you were drafting for them!:kayak-surfer:

Bennyblanco
02-06-2012, 07:05 PM
Dolfins can sense trouble and are always willing to help humans.#ifyoudontbelievethatdosomeresearch.I have no doubt they helped you in some way.:luxhello:

oneyedeer
02-07-2012, 01:16 PM
just don't fall in when they are in heat they are known to be the rapist of the sea :)