PDA

View Full Version : LJ 9/8 7:00 AM-2:00PM

Shirack!
09-08-2005, 03:52 PM
This has been a good week for me. WSB on tuesday, and I hooked up after 5 minutes of trolling today. I lost my gaff on the way out and was kind of pissed. The hookup made up for it but then I lost it in the kelp, it felt kind of small but I was still pissed. My drag was a little too loose and I couldn't stop him. I took a buddy with me today who has never been fishing before. He was excited to see me hookup and that seemed to make his day. 3 hours later DOUBLE Hookup! I only landed one of them. I checked to see which one felt bigger and fought that one. 20 minutes later after one attempt to wrap me in the kelp I slipped some fingers under the gills and lifted a 20# YT into my yak. My buddy went crazy, I guess he thought we were going to catch greenbacks all day. He didn't catch anything but got to see a good show. All of my hookups were on flylined spanish. I did manage one good strike on a 10 inch greenback but couldn't make him stick. In fact everything I have caught lately has been on spanish unlike other people on the board my greenies have gone untouched.