PDA

View Full Version : What's in your lunchbox?

Mr. Adventure
04-05-2012, 01:12 PM
Besides beer.

What do you bring out with you to keep you going on your kayak? I basically just pack a lot of healthy simple energy packed food. I've noticed I have to be careful what and how much I eat to make sure my stomach stays happy.

Usually fruit, hardboiled eggs, and pasta salad provide me with power food.... and beer.

what are some of your favorites to have along?

tima597
04-05-2012, 01:15 PM
Beef Jerky and as many Green Flash IPAs as I can fit in the cooler! :cheers1:

Yakin
04-05-2012, 01:29 PM
Monster, baloney sandwich, what ever else the wify send me with
a quick stop at the liquor store for a flask full of rummmmmmm

bus kid
04-05-2012, 01:32 PM
Bananas and apricots. :D
Any of the following peanut butter bars, jerky, oranges, hot Cheetos,string cheese, hohos, bacon egg and cheese burrito, green olives, Gatorade or Powerade, and some toilet paper in a ziploc bag JIC.

ericko
04-05-2012, 01:33 PM
Snickers king size bar and two water bottles...

lowprofile
04-05-2012, 01:54 PM
Gatorade , water, and a monster . Eat a small breakfast with some orange juice. Drop a duece when I get up and then at the launch. Dont want to have to go while im more than a mile out and if I eat anything of size I'm going to have to go.

MVC
04-05-2012, 01:57 PM
Peanut butter and jelly sandwich

Devildawgjj
04-05-2012, 01:58 PM
http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e213/Surlon/51JQGBDAM0L__SS500_.jpg

The best Cheeseburgers ever!! Fozen patties,thawed by the time you eat'm. Just cheese and self-serving ketchup and mustard packets.

I take orders.....if you can smell it. :D

tima597
04-05-2012, 02:04 PM
I take orders.....if you can smell it. :D

The real question is....do you deliver? :sifone:

Papasledge
04-05-2012, 02:10 PM
Man if I ate what Bus Kid ate out there Id have to hang it off the side and make a bigger mess then the Exxonvaldez.

vincentek9
04-05-2012, 02:17 PM
nature valley honey 'n oats (2)
nutrigrain bars (2)
beef jerky (1)
water or gatorade (1)
iPhone (1)
cloth rags (2)
keys and wallet

i put it all in 2 grocery bags, and put the bag in my 6" hatch between my legs.

Jimmyz123
04-05-2012, 02:20 PM
Man if I ate what Bus Kid ate out there Id have to hang it off the side and make a bigger mess then the Exxonvaldez.

I only hope he was kidding. I usually will take a water bottle, and most of the time forget to take anything to eat because I get too busy fishing, but I may change that for this weekend. I like PB&J sandwiches when fishing, some protein in the PB, jelly is fruit, and the wheat bread.

I like the BBQ idea though, I may have to drag mine along next time in the truck. Takes minute for those to heat up and it gives you a well deserved break.

mtnbykr2
04-05-2012, 02:59 PM
Snickers king size bar and two water bottles...
I just bum Ericks left overs...lol, jerky is a good one, energy bars get smashed in the seat pouch, peanuts are always good, if fishing hard enough, I forget about food until tummy starts yellin' then it's a trip to local burger joint on the way home...but always looking for new ideas although now that I see the bbq comin out I am followin that...lol

jorluivil
04-05-2012, 03:01 PM
fruits, sandwich, chips, 5hr energy drink, water and advil

Iceman
04-05-2012, 03:03 PM
bottle of water.

Gigafish
04-05-2012, 03:41 PM
Energizer trail mix, beef jerky, sunflower seeds, snickers bar works great for me.

J3FFro
04-05-2012, 04:16 PM
Coconut water (1)
Ham n cheese sandwich (2)
Some fruits-- Apples, Tangerine, Pears (3 total)
Chewing Gum
Ginger (cures my sea sickness)
Espresso shot (1, for the drive back)

sasha
04-05-2012, 04:23 PM
a bottle of water and plenty of body fat to keep me going all day long..

Mr. Adventure
04-05-2012, 04:24 PM
I am bringing a snickers bar for sure on my next outing. Sounds perfect

bus kid
04-05-2012, 05:02 PM
I only hope he was kidding. I usually will take a water bottle, and most of the time forget to take anything to eat because I get too busy fishing, but I may change that for this weekend. I like PB&J sandwiches when fishing, some protein in the PB, jelly is fruit, and the wheat bread.

I like the BBQ idea though, I may have to drag mine along next time in the truck. Takes minute for those to heat up and it gives you a well deserved break.

Nope not kidding, while I don't take everything on that list that's what's in the box, when I go out its usually a 8 to 10 hour trip and I burn through calories like a mad man. As far as the BBQ goes I believe the mad sciencist is the guy to see there's a pic of him grilling on the yak floating around here somewhere.

fishingfiend
04-05-2012, 05:33 PM
Depending on the length of the trip, I pretty much survive on cliff bars and whatever drive through is open in the morning. And when the Hobie Livewell is not in use, gatorade/water/beers! It makes for a great cooler. :)

TEAMFISH
04-05-2012, 05:33 PM
Snickers are the shinizzle, they actually work quite well for a quick energy boost, one water cause I end up having to piss too much. Two packs of smokes and a flask of Jim Beam "Red Stag"

GregAndrew
04-05-2012, 06:18 PM
bottle of water.

Real men only take an empty and fill it up on the way out :D.

Real fishermen only eat what they catch, and skunk isn't too bad after you get past the smell.

Badtaste2k
04-05-2012, 06:44 PM
I like to bring Cutie Mandarins and a Banana or Two. PB &J Sandwich when I remember to make it :)
I always bring two water bottles but find myself drinking very little water.

Dan

echo1er
04-05-2012, 06:54 PM
what ever I catch I eat right there.

ratdog
04-05-2012, 07:04 PM
1 water bottle a banana. Incase of an emergency 2 energy bars and an extra water bottle. I nearly always stop at Mary's Donuts for a few before I get on the water.

da22y
04-05-2012, 07:30 PM
I bring enough water, hot coffee in thermos. ( keep me awake in the slow time.....)

Bags of self-premix cereal ( oat meal, corn flake, granola ,powder milk, raisin)

Plastic container with screw on top and a spoon.

Simple and cheaper than energy bar this way, and you can vary the mix to keep the suger level to your liking.

Banana is good, but don't pre-cut, it will turn black.

Always ready, just grab these bags and go fishing. :reeling:

mcj229
04-05-2012, 07:53 PM
Yellowtail jerky just to torment those fork tails.

steveooo
04-05-2012, 07:54 PM
Surprised to hear many guys bring banana's on board. Not a very superstitious I guess :leaving:

I bring coffee, water, and a pack of gummy bears.

theluckypig
04-05-2012, 08:01 PM
cold pizza! any pastry, sunflower seeds, sports drink, coffee. i'm an eater...

inbx3
04-05-2012, 09:33 PM
For all my Filipino fishermen, leftover adobo in some pan de sal and maybe pan de sal and cheese too. And of course something to drink.

Amish Ed
04-05-2012, 09:52 PM
water, coffee, berries and cheese danish, smokes.

Badtaste2k
04-05-2012, 09:57 PM
Surprised to hear many guys bring banana's on board. Not a very superstitious I guess :leaving:

What's superstitious about a banana? They make you wanna split ;) or are they just not that appealing? Perhaps they just make you monkey around to much....

OK, seriously though, what's the superstition?

Dan

tacklebox
04-05-2012, 10:34 PM
What's superstitious about a banana? They make you wanna split ;) or are they just not that appealing? Perhaps they just make you monkey around to much....

Dan

There was a guy on the 3/4 day a few days ago that was raggin on this guy about bringing a banana and eating it ... it was funny as shit because he had white sunblock on his face and the guy eating the banana was like , dont you know its bad luck to have shit all over your face? and just stared at him like , " u mad bro? "
last time i ate a banana on a boat I got so many fish! I think they are good luck but people dont want you to bring them because you will catch more fish than them!
Im thinking about getting a chicken and a pig tattooed on my feet for good luck also. those are supposed to be good luck for seamen!:D:D:D

Mr. Adventure
04-05-2012, 11:56 PM
I can't do coffee out there. I don't want to work up a poop. But tea or Yerba mate is nice when it's cold

Salty Dog
04-06-2012, 03:54 AM
Snickers and GU gel packs

jorluivil
04-06-2012, 04:09 AM
I normall carry mine right behing my livewell, I wrap the strap in and around one of the bait tank rod holders just so that it doesn't go swimming. It can be hard to get to best its probably the best place to keep, at least on my kayak it is.

bus kid
04-06-2012, 04:43 AM

Dan

Here you go

http://www.angrymarlin.com/faq/1-all_faqs/16-why-no-bananas-on-the-boats.html

Jimmyz123
04-06-2012, 05:36 AM

I bring coffee, water, and a pack of gummy bears.

I wasn't sure if they were kidding or if they were true. I remember on a sport boat I went fishing on a guy pulled a banana out of his bag and the deck hand grabbed it and threw it overboard. The guy was stunned but when he Deckhand stated that it was bad luck the guy was cool with it.

When fishing, I try to keep it simple and light while on the water. Everything you take in, must come out. On the water is not a good time for that to happen.

Badtaste2k
04-06-2012, 06:36 AM
Here you go

http://www.angrymarlin.com/faq/1-all_faqs/16-why-no-bananas-on-the-boats.html

Thanks for the link, but that superstition is bananas. That being said, I promise to never pull a banana out in front of my fellow fisherman just in case :)

Dan

Old Man in the Sea
04-06-2012, 07:41 AM
Thanks - got my new Kayak menu now...
2 pb&j on wheat
pack of beef jerky
1 tigers milk bar
1 snickers bar
1 water and 1 coconut water
expresso shot for way in...

maui jim
04-06-2012, 07:52 AM
Bananas are BAD MOJO.........been that way since the Vikings.....and we all know what happened to the Vikings :eek:.

bus kid
04-06-2012, 08:03 AM
Bananas are BAD MOJO.........been that way since the Vikings.....and we all know what happened to the Vikings :eek:.

Yep Mn. Look bad last year :D

GR6RR
04-06-2012, 08:34 AM
eH... stupidstitions... eat your banana, just men have to break it off and eat it. ;):p

Drake
04-06-2012, 02:56 PM
Bananas are a big no-no!

I bring a lot of fluids, usually water and a gatorade. Cashews and Almonds are good healthy power food. Cliff bars, granola bars, clementines, and sometimes I sashimi up a spanish mackerel if I get a nice sized one.