PDA

View Full Version : Anyone live out in San Bernardino area???

dafishaman
08-06-2012, 01:44 PM
Just wondering...it would be nice to carpool:auto: once in a while to NP, DP and LJ.

Thanks Sam-

danjor
08-06-2012, 01:45 PM
I live in riverside

dafishaman
08-06-2012, 01:49 PM
I live in riverside

nice!!! PM me next time you go out i live in Rialto:party:

bus kid
08-06-2012, 02:10 PM
I think there is a peddler of knotless hooks near you, forgot his name thought something like yakfin or yakass I believe. :D

Jonesyak
08-06-2012, 03:10 PM
<< San berdoo

I head down to LJ every friday and sat.

TheBentRod
08-06-2012, 04:51 PM
<< San berdoo

Dang - Every Friday and Saturday.

Nice.

YakMedic
08-06-2012, 05:28 PM
<< San berdoo

Thats a commitment!

I'm from the Victorville area and I fish LJ only 3-4 times a year. I fish more often Dana Point and Palos Verdes.

Jonesyak
08-06-2012, 05:43 PM
I have not fished DP yet. I want to though, where do you park and launch?

dafishaman
08-06-2012, 05:57 PM
I have not fished DP yet. I want to though, where do you park and launch?

Baby beach ....parking is free and the launch is a breeze due to the fact that its enclosed in a small harbor ...it gets crowded so be there by six am the paddle or peddle out is far because you have to travel around the jetty depending on if you are going north or south there is kelp in both directions...next time i go ill take my chances launching from a beach with waves...lol

fishsouthcounty
08-06-2012, 06:11 PM
Baby beach ....parking is free and the launch is a breeze due to the fact that its enclosed in a small harbor ...it gets crowded so be there by six am the paddle or peddle out is far because you have to travel around the jetty depending on if you are going north or south there is kelp in both directions...next time i go ill take my chances launching from a beach with waves...lol

you can park at the doho parking lot for the standard 1.50 an hour i think and launch the right side of the beach close to the breakwall to avoid the rocks at boneyard. Or pay the 15 for day access to the ranger booth. Surf is usually small. OR pay 10 and launch at the boat launch and cut out probably 2/3 of the paddle to the mouth.

dafishaman
08-06-2012, 06:40 PM
you can park at the doho parking lot for the standard 1.50 an hour i think and launch the right side of the beach close to the breakwall to avoid the rocks at boneyard. Or pay the 15 for day access to the ranger booth. Surf is usually small. OR pay 10 and launch at the boat launch and cut out probably 2/3 of the paddle to the mouth.

Thanks for the info...last time i went to Hogans and he told me to go toto babybeach
:mad:

fishsouthcounty
08-06-2012, 06:52 PM
Thanks for the info...last time i went to Hogans and he told me to go toto babybeach
:mad:

haha...good people at Hogan's, dont think they did it to eff ya. Its always the first that comes to mind because its free. Think of the paddle as a warm up. If you dont mind paying the Launch ramp is your best bet. Go right past the barge on your way out.

If you fish on Sundays out of DP, you could park in the lot by dana wharf. Park in the corner closest to the launch ramp. There is a walkway through the wall plenty large for a kayak and then maybe another 100 feet to the water. Sunday is the only day that the 4 hour parking max is void so you can park all day and avoid paying the 10 to get into the launch parking.
Never tried this personally so if the people in the launch ramp office get angry i apologize in advance.:cheers1:

Jonesyak
08-06-2012, 07:06 PM
Really dose dose sound like the boat lanuch is the best bet... what are the hours?

mtnbykr2
08-06-2012, 07:53 PM
Dang - Every Friday and Saturday.

Nice.

doesn't that make ya just :drool5:

fishsouthcounty
08-06-2012, 07:57 PM
Really dose dose sound like the boat lanuch is the best bet... what are the hours?

I believe you can get in the gate 24 hours a day. Key is exact change at the gate as it is typically unmanned before about 8 am majority of the time.