PDA

View Full Version : Hooping the Opener

GBF
09-12-2005, 08:05 AM
Anyone plan on hooping the opener? We got a one or two week head start on the commercial guys and I plan on taking every opportunity to jump on them B/4 the commercial guys get going. Are you hooping the opener?

GBF

Siebler
09-12-2005, 04:01 PM
i will be just not up in your direction. We talked last season about hooping while standing on LJ launch. Ill probly hoop MB opener

GBF
09-12-2005, 05:22 PM
I remember the conversation....We need to Hoop togather before the season is over.

Thanks!!

GBF

MKNOTT
09-12-2005, 07:25 PM
I,m down with opening nite at LJ. Anyone else?? Brad, " Got Nets "? Hey Andy, I thought we could chum a few gallons of blood to keep the divers away :lol: Just kidding Nate. MKNOTT

Johnp
09-12-2005, 07:42 PM
Opening night is that tues after midnight or weds. p.m. I know its legal as soon as its officially weds. Is anybody that motivated? J.P.

Dennis
09-12-2005, 07:45 PM
I'm game.
-Dennis

ski
09-12-2005, 08:40 PM
I'm in too.

C-level
09-13-2005, 06:10 AM
The opener is Saturday Oct 1st @ 12:01 am. I can't wait :!:
Last years opener
http://www.bloodydecks.com/gallery/files/1/5/3/0/100_0056Medium.JPG
Yum
Todd :D

Johnny T.
09-13-2005, 07:49 AM
For openers, how many hoops do you typically take out on your yak? Does a beach launch add limitations? Many thanks, John

madscientist
09-13-2005, 08:05 AM
I'm in. My freezer is stocked with boney's and YT carcasses and I'll be happy to join someone on a spanish slaughter the evening before. Question, is Midnight:01 when you can first drop a hoop or first pick it up? I figure I'm not "in possession" until I lift the thing. Anyone got a good local net supplier? Mike, was it hoopnets.com that you mentioned? How many? Anyone want to go in on a big order of nets and accessories? Looks like you get a deal and free shipping with an order of 10 or more.

ski
09-13-2005, 08:16 AM
Brad,
You can pick up your nets at West Marine for around 20 bucks. They are the promar brand and they come all ready to go. The only thing you need are floats (liquid laundry container) and glow stick so you can find your float. Also, probably could shorten the rope to 50 ft, unless you want to try deep. I believe they come with 100 ft. poly. I have to catch some bait too. I wish the boneys would get here!

Spinal Tap
09-13-2005, 09:06 AM
Mike,

That's cold brother. Just for that I'm gonna follow you and poach from your net.

If you do have the blood, then I'd recommend you freeze it in milk jugs. Take those jugs out with you and use it as chum. I'm not too worried about GWS at midnight as they're suppose to be sight feeders. But there's nothing like getting the creeps when something big bumps into you or that same something makes a huge bioluminescence vortex next to you.

Todd,

Got room on your boat for a diver? :D

Nate

C-level
09-13-2005, 10:21 AM
Nate we dicided to save our energy this year and not hoop untill Satuday night. I'm thinking of doing a dive for the 12:01am opener, I have a couple of spots in mind depending on the surf. Most likely I will be diving from the beach. I'm not a apnea stud like yourself and will have a tank on my back, but it would be great in you want to come with. PM me if you want to talk locations 8)
Todd

Siebler
09-13-2005, 12:39 PM
So people are gonna go do this Sat morning? I was thinking sat night didnt even consider sat earrrrrly morning. Maybe ill do that instead. or ill do both.