PDA

View Full Version : Tuesday 9/4 report.... slooooow.

seaquinn
09-05-2012, 07:30 AM
I just read Julie's report of Labor Day, and Tuesday was much the same. Beautiful conditions, and only one PowerBoat in the water. Only a very few kayaks as well.

No squid to be found by anyone I spoke with. A few macs to be trolled around.

There was a very strong current flowing. I was slow-pedaling my Hobie, and I would look at the shore and see that after 10, 20, 30 minutes of peddaling, I didn't travel far at all.

Anyway, a gorgeous day, one more chalk up to my "time on the water" count, and no fish to clean when getting home. Oh yes, surf was miniscule... like the bikini on the girl guiding the kayak trips!

ctfphoto
09-05-2012, 07:50 AM
Thanks for the report, Tuesday is usually my day, but this week I am going out this afternoon and again on Friday AM.

Hope to find a big one as I really got the bug now. :wsb:

It was nice to see you out there last week and plan on seeing you out there many more times.

addicted2sp33d
09-05-2012, 08:06 AM
Oh yes, surf was miniscule... like the bikini on the girl guiding the kayak trips!

Really? That small huh?

You have to get some pictures of the surf and the bikini next time so we can judge for ourselves.

Multiple high resolution shots of the bikini would definitely help us decide which one is smaller: surf or bikini.

wiredantz
09-05-2012, 08:08 AM
Really? That small huh?

You have to get some pictures of the surf and the bikini next time so we can judge for ourselves.

Multiple high resolution shots of the bikini would definitely help us decide which one is smaller: surf or bikini.

Yes, only then can we assert the truthfulness of your claim. :D

skrilla
09-05-2012, 08:55 AM
Nice chattin with ya on the LJ treadmill. After you left the squirts showed up. Sent one down for one pissed off soupfin. Left an hour later with some fresh calamari.

Aaron&Julie
09-05-2012, 09:13 AM
Nice chattin with ya on the LJ treadmill. After you left the squirts showed up. Sent one down for one pissed off soupfin. Left an hour later with some fresh calamari.

Fresh calamari is good, very good. It makes me wish we'd caught some on Labor day.

Aaron

seaquinn
09-06-2012, 01:36 PM
wow, the squid showed up? Very cool. I like to take home some squid for the squid-ka-bobs! Of course, as an appetizer for a YT or WSB meal, preferable.

Basted with Teriyaki, they are delicious BBQ'd.

skrilla
09-06-2012, 02:54 PM
Yeah, those birds we saw... more of em showed up. They were diving for cephalopod scraps the dogs would leave behind. I made a few drifts over the ruckus and had a slow pick on the squishies. Gotta love nature's fish finder. :D

jorluivil
09-07-2012, 09:16 PM
Really? That small huh?

I agree. Perhaps bikini shots with water splashing on it or maybe you can have the bikini rolling on the sand right at the waters edge. ya-know? that kind of stuff:D