PDA

View Full Version : Bug Bait-Salmon heads-WAAAAAAAAAY cheap

T Bone
09-20-2012, 04:37 PM
One of my brothers deckhands has a father who is a wholesale Seafood distributor.They buy whole salmon and distribute to markets and restaurants filleted and processed.They sell the Heads and bellies to local asian markets.
I again have the opportunity to buy wholesale salmon heads and bellies for,get this,$.35 a pound.The kicker is I have to buy in large quantities so I am looking for a group order...
Matt(Stinky)and i went in on some last year and he will vouch for the deal but he wont sell me a small quantity any more,I have to buy several hundred pounds.I am in for 100# and will pay on good faith for a few fortunate folks who want to get in on this.I may or may not need more bait depending on how the season goes so speak now,speak quickly or forever hold your peace...

Also,I have a deep freeze and an igloo 180 but after that guys need to pick up quick.I plan on going early next week.Let me know.

StinkyMatt
09-20-2012, 06:48 PM
That was a good deal last year.

The only thing I wish I had done is split all the heads before freezing.

Good luck with the bugs this year.:D:D:D

lowprofile
09-20-2012, 07:14 PM
so.. $35 for 100lbs? can i get half bellies? i know of a few toothy critters lurking our shores that would love some salmon bellies.

jaws197
09-20-2012, 07:45 PM
I would up for 100lbs if I had someone willing to transport them down to SD along with their own (willing to pony up some gas money....)

Looking at you Lowprofile....LOL

Let me know Chris?

boxturtle
09-20-2012, 08:47 PM
Anybody in oc going into this deal if so im in for 50lbs? How much space will it take up?

T Bone
09-21-2012, 02:34 AM
Last year it was about one third bellies.Cant really do anything about the ratio.I plan on going monday or tuesday.S.D. folk are able to meet with me at the Dist.directly and take it from there.That would be better.

A few local lobster guys get there bait from here too so I need to get moving on it.

wbrewski
09-21-2012, 02:53 AM
I am in for a 100 LB, I work in Miar loma so let me know when to pick it up in Chino. I am also off on Tuesday so I could pick it up amy time that day in Chino.

Deamon
09-21-2012, 04:55 AM
I am good for a hundred #. Jim

T Bone
09-21-2012, 02:50 PM
Ok so it looks like 400# or so.I can get 200# in an Igloo 180 and last year some of it was in these awesome foam coolers.I will go on either monday or tuesday depending on my work schedule.The Dist. is in OC which is where I am working next week too.Just PM me and let me know your plans.I have a very heavy meat cleaver for those who want to split their heads you can dob it at my place just be warned you will get fish brains in your hair for sure.Also there is tax on the .35 a pound whatever that comes out to.Still a killer deal since 100# is enough for a lot of trips.I did much better with stuffed cages of salmon than a few macks for sure.

JohnnyCope
09-21-2012, 03:33 PM
I'm up for 50#

vincentek9
09-21-2012, 03:40 PM
give me 20lbs. of heads and bellies mixture. i dont care what i get. i can send paypal, check, or cold hard cash.

wbrewski
09-21-2012, 06:12 PM
Ok so it looks like 400# or so.I can get 200# in an Igloo 180 and last year some of it was in these awesome foam coolers.I will go on either monday or tuesday depending on my work schedule.The Dist. is in OC which is where I am working next week too.Just PM me and let me know your plans.I have a very heavy meat cleaver for those who want to split their heads you can dob it at my place just be warned you will get fish brains in your hair for sure.Also there is tax on the .35 a pound whatever that comes out to.Still a killer deal since 100# is enough for a lot of trips.I did much better with stuffed cages of salmon than a few macks for sure.

I live about 2 miles from the dist. just call me the night before. 100 Lb
Walt 714-850-0667.

Thanks a lot
walt

RedSledTeam
09-21-2012, 06:48 PM
:you_rock:I'm in for 100lbs!

-Ed :cheers1:

danjor
09-21-2012, 07:12 PM
If its not too late ill take 100lbs.
If you could give me a call before you get them,
so i can know what day to get them and where from
951-533-7662

lowprofile
09-21-2012, 07:24 PM
I would up for 100lbs if I had someone willing to transport them down to SD along with their own (willing to pony up some gas money....)

Looking at you Lowprofile....LOL

Let me know Chris?

ill need to get your cash this weekend and i can get it after work next week.

DocHaole
09-21-2012, 07:55 PM
Hey man, put me down for 50 pounds. I can come pick it up anytime next week in the evening. If for some reason you need more for the order you can up it to 100 pounds. But 50 is probably plenty.

Thanks

T Bone
09-23-2012, 07:15 AM
the response is a little overwhelming.I will do what I can to try to hook as many people up as i can.

It would be awesome if someone from SD is available tuesday to P/U directly from the Dist. in Santa Ana.I am already going to be lugging 400# to the Casa.I will begin calling/answering all PMs this afternoon and will place the order tomorrow.I was just looking to do this once to hook a few guys up but may set up another run.I could always use some bug kharma.

danjor
09-23-2012, 08:15 AM
I might be able to help you carry some in my truck to your place if your intrested. Idk what time you plan on picking it up but let me know and maby we can work something out.

danjor
09-25-2012, 07:22 PM
Just finished putting away my 100# of salmon parts and lets just say that alot of bait! Took me a few hours to bag up at home and even spent a hour splitting 1/2 the heads. Saved some of the good parts of the bellies to try to eat. Cooking some thats marinating, hopefully it will tast good, planing on smoking some tomorrow. But dont get me wrong this was alot more work than i thought it would be and guts and blood and scales got everywhere lol

lowprofile
09-25-2012, 07:56 PM
Just finished putting away my 100# of salmon parts and lets just say that alot of bait! Took me a few hours to bag up at home and even spent a hour splitting 1/2 the heads. Saved some of the good parts of the bellies to try to eat. Cooking some thats marinating, hopefully it will tast good, planing on smoking some tomorrow. But dont get me wrong this was alot more work than i thought it would be and guts and blood and scales got everywhere lol

He told me he was only able to order 200 lbs. how did you get yours? Since you were clearly down the list.

danjor
09-25-2012, 08:02 PM
I was going over to pickup a little and he managed to get a more than he was told.

T Bone
09-26-2012, 03:43 AM
I went for 200 and was told when I got there they had 265#.This was split between three people.

The SD boys get next shot(Lowprofile-Jaws-Deamon) I didnt think anyone would want to go all the way to santa ana for less than 100#.If you three all get together I can set up another pickup for next week hopefully.I can try calling later this week but they may not have 300# by then.

danjor
09-26-2012, 04:21 AM
Cooked up some of the bellys last night, omg they were soo good i liked them better than salmon fillets! I would say if you get any cut the part of the bellys with the most meat and save it to eat, those bugs arnt getting my bellys. :) Planing on smoking some after work

Deamon
09-26-2012, 05:12 AM
Thanks for the effort T-Bone. I'd still like a shot at a hundy. It's abt $1.20 a pound down here and like Danjor, I was going to bag up some of the belly. Let me know if it works out. Jim

wbrewski
09-26-2012, 12:37 PM
Meet Travis at the bait place, the bait was excellent, thank you Travis. I will contact you if I need more. Oh what channel will you guys be on when out hooping?:luxhello:

T Bone
09-26-2012, 03:59 PM
No Radio for me Walt.I have my waterproof cell and a fox 40...

It is a killer deal and thats why even though I have all I need right now I am still going to set up another run.I think I can just set the SD boys up for a will call.Deamon,Lowprofile and Jaws get together and I will set up either will call or meet me there.Sorry I couldnt get score everything in one shot.I lost track too after about 700# requested too so PM me if you are still interested.

I am going to smoke some bellies.Good meat in the cheeks too.Fish is very fresh and sushi firm when I pick it up.I saved my bluefin bellies too for some sashimi .Plan on making a platter to go with split lobster tails for beer and football on sunday!

wbrewski
09-26-2012, 08:44 PM
No Radio for me Walt.I have my waterproof cell and a fox 40...

It is a killer deal and thats why even though I have all I need right now I am still going to set up another run.I think I can just set the SD boys up for a will call.Deamon,Lowprofile and Jaws get together and I will set up either will call or meet me there.Sorry I couldnt get score everything in one shot.I lost track too after about 700# requested too so PM me if you are still interested.

I am going to smoke some bellies.Good meat in the cheeks too.Fish is very fresh and sushi firm when I pick it up.I saved my bluefin bellies too for some sashimi .Plan on making a platter to go with split lobster tails for beer and football on sunday!

I am going out Tuesday night to avoid the mess on the water, wish me luck.:cheers1: