PDA

View Full Version : Promar reflective tape on kayak?

sdfisher
09-26-2012, 12:10 PM
I picked up a couple rolls of the stuff for half off. I put some on my floats for my hoopnets but was thinking of putting some on the kayak to be more visible at night.

Anyone have any on their kayak? Where is the best place to put it? What about on your paddle?

jorluivil
09-26-2012, 12:15 PM
I picked up a couple rolls of the stuff for half off. I put some on my floats for my hoopnets but was thinking of putting some on the kayak to be more visible at night.

Anyone have any on their kayak? Where is the best place to put it? What about on your paddle?

I have a few pieces on mine, two in the front and two in the back. Lights work better than reflective tape, most if not all boats DO NOT have headlights.

ful-rac
09-26-2012, 12:35 PM
I would say any visible spot on your kayak is a good spot for reflective tape. Putting it on your paddle is another good option, because you can just raise your paddle if you need to be seen. But reflective tape does not replace a light. Hopefully you have one of those yakattack lights for night time operations.

Saba Slayer
09-26-2012, 12:49 PM
The Promar tape is a good idea on the yak as well as on your floats, and it alternates silver and red every 1 foot.
That reflective pinstripe tape that CJ has at OEX, is pretty good, and the color selection is more varied.
Jim / Saba Slayer

slobslayer
09-26-2012, 02:30 PM
I have some on my yak that is pretty old but still works well in addition to my other lights... You can never be too safe at night

sdfisher
09-26-2012, 04:16 PM
Thanks for the suggestions fellas!

nitsuj
09-26-2012, 08:00 PM
For anybody looking Harbor Freight has a package with 10 (or 12?) foot long reflective tape strips that are half red/half white for $5.99 right now, just picked some up yesterday