PDA

View Full Version : Bombs Away!!!

JeffB
10-01-2012, 03:17 PM
So I went back out to the big bay again last night to try and catch a couple more bugs and try and get redemption on SB fishing. No luck with neither the bugs or fish. I had 2 shorts and one about 2 1/4- 2 1/2lb. Got skunked fishing.

As soon as I got out on the water to drop my hoops out, I hear all this commotion going on. There was a group of rednecks up on the shore screaming and cursing at the lights in the water. I heard in the distance a boat full a drunks shouting that they had divers in the water and to leave them alone. This was looking like a recipe for disaster already. I peddled over the top of the lights and notice the divers are hopping net to net that belonged to the rednecks up on the bank, lol. This is surely not going to end good, I see one of them stripping to their undies to swim in. I told them that the divers were indeed on their nets. I was thinking to myself that they should throw rocks into the water, but I didn't say anything bc the DFG was right behind them almost checking out a boat. No sooner than was I thinking this it started to rain! Here come the bombs. These guys were chucking the rocks as high as they could and they were coming screaming down into the water. I chuckled a little to myself. Then one of them started chucking atom bombs (bowling ball sized rocks) into the water. These guys were crazy. Finally one of the divers come up and got nailed like 4x. Poor guy, but hopefully lesson learned. I told the guys to grab the DFG and they did. One guy swam off while the other guy tried, but got yanked out of the water. I WONDER what happened to him??? Sorry, I am a little nosy. I told the DFG that they were indeed on their nets. The rednecks kept pleading to the officers not to take it easy on the divers bc they warned them that it was illegal to dive in the bay. I did not believe that part, but it is illegal to dive/ free dive in SD Bay. You have to go out past the point into the jetty to be legit. I learned something new. I actually had my dive gear with me too. I need to start taking a tape recorder out on the water with me. Some of the stuff the guys were saying was so wrong, but funny. I still think its funny that the one guy was going to go swimming after them. Too bad it was pitch black outside, or else I would have snapped pix and video.

Well I just thought I would share and to any free diver or diver out there, stay the heck away from a group of drunk rednecks nets!!! You've been warned!!! :ack2:

roadx
10-01-2012, 03:57 PM
Jeff

i went out to the spot we went for opener last year.. PM sent

GR6RR
10-01-2012, 04:07 PM
What a night, must have been interesting to sit there in the dark and let the drama unfold. Luckily you were not hit by any of those stones/rocks being thrown.
Pile all the new bug threads up and you have a new hit reality drama. I starting to think that diver on the news/newspaper has more to it's story.

Oxbeast1210
10-01-2012, 04:26 PM
Wow, kinda nervous about trying this hooping thing!

roadx
10-01-2012, 04:37 PM
OX
it's all good
opening weekend brings out the crazy's. it will be dead in a couple weeks.
your spoiled. now you work for your fish :D

lowprofile
10-01-2012, 04:44 PM
Wow, kinda nervous about trying this hooping thing!

hoopers in yaks and boats are generally cool with each other. just dont drop on each others line/hole and shoot the shit with as many of the guys in your immediate area as you can and its usually all good. same as fishing. seems once the divers are around, hell breaks loose.

bus kid
10-01-2012, 06:21 PM
I will be diving off my yak this season so who's side do I join? :confused:

jorluivil
10-01-2012, 06:46 PM
I will be diving off my yak this season so who's side do I join? :confused:

throw rocks and bricks at your yourself and hook yourself with a sabiki.

bus kid
10-01-2012, 06:53 PM
Fank has the hook ups for the bricks, Jorge I'm looking to you and Candy for the "rocks"

jorluivil
10-01-2012, 07:21 PM
Fank has the hook ups for the bricks, Jorge I'm looking to you and Candy for the "rocks"

She's out jogging right now, I'll check with her when she gets back. Do you want the usual order? Don't forget your frequent buyer card:D

http://www.fresnobeehive.com/bonywino12-thumb-250x375.jpg

bus kid
10-02-2012, 04:45 AM
Sounds good and I will bring her a cheeseburger too!

Dirty Curti
10-02-2012, 09:09 AM
Anyone for brickless bricks and rockless rocks?

bus kid
10-02-2012, 09:17 AM
Please use the "less" jokes wisely, as Yakin is departing us as soon as his PA sells :(