PDA

View Full Version : Not quite understanding

kiyo21
10-08-2012, 06:24 AM
The rules of a SMCA I get most of the rest of them but the rules of this one are just not sinking in.

Explain please I wold gladly appreciate it.

lowprofile
10-08-2012, 08:17 AM
which one?

the swami's smca for example is closed to boat and yak fishing. you can spear finfish, including white seabass but no take of lobster or other crustaceans. the take of fish by hook and line from shore is also legal.

kiyo21
10-08-2012, 03:09 PM
Aaaahhh ok I did knot know there were different rules for each one so that helps, the the one I'm most concerned with is the Dana point smca I see some great spots there but am really questioning the take of bugs in this area.
Basically it will be my first time hooping on the yak as well as 1st time on the yak in the ocean and at night so I'm trying to find some structure but its hard to do when they are protected areas.

Where can I look it all up too i'v bin on the dfg site and just can find what I am looking for. Thank you for the help also ill keep that info in mind.

:cheers1:

Sdspeed
10-08-2012, 04:53 PM
Aaaahhh ok I did knot know there were different rules for each one so that helps, the the one I'm most concerned with is the Dana point smca I see some great spots there but am really questioning the take of bugs in this area.
Basically it will be my first time hooping on the yak as well as 1st time on the yak in the ocean and at night so I'm trying to find some structure but its hard to do when they are protected areas.

Where can I look it all up too i'v bin on the dfg site and just can find what I am looking for. Thank you for the help also ill keep that info in mind.

:cheers1:

maybe these sites will help, they confuse me too.

http://www.californiampas.org/pages/regions/southcoast/danapointsmca.html

kiyo21
10-08-2012, 07:49 PM
Ok starting to understand but it says only hook line and spear but to uses a round haul net- I'm assuming (hoop net) you have to be commercial? And idk are we commercial when on the yak? I saw others saying there going for bugs at crystal cove,!? How?

:bigear:

kiyo21
10-09-2012, 04:14 PM
Bump?