PDA

View Full Version : how about LBC

bigbad5
10-08-2012, 06:51 PM
any good fishing spots in LBC... :cheers1:
just moved over here and got a new kyaak, wanna get a better idea of where to go for a good day

jorluivil
10-08-2012, 07:10 PM
It all depends on what you're fishing for.

Papa drew
10-08-2012, 07:44 PM
any good fishing spots in LBC... :cheers1:
just moved over here and got a new kyaak, wanna get a better idea of where to go for a good day

I live in long beach. If you want to go out hit me up.

kiyo21
10-08-2012, 07:51 PM
I live in long beach. If you want to go out hit me up.

I do I'm looking to go around redondo this Saturday

Papa drew
10-08-2012, 08:01 PM
This Sunday between 11 and 1 in long should be very good fishing. I am going to try to head out then. If you want to come along send me a pm.

mtnbykr2
10-08-2012, 08:21 PM
uh oh, got em all riled up... gotta work, have fun out there...:reel:

vincentek9
10-08-2012, 08:21 PM
i usually kayak out to the long beach break water (alamitos side. aka south end). i do best from 6am-10am. calicos, big sculpin, big cabezon, big rockfish, treefish. for halibut, i fish the sandy beaches of belmont shores. there are also threshers there (my friend caught one off the pier). i hear great things about cabrillo side, but i havent had the time to venture that far up seeing as how going up there will take the same amount of time as driving to la jolla.

bigbad5
10-08-2012, 09:42 PM
im down bud!!! im by alamitos bay... my yaak is pretty stock, not too fancy but hey y not give it a try

bigbad5
10-08-2012, 09:44 PM
what would u guys recommend about what kind of tackle.. bait.... set up... basically the 411( howmany poles to have? test line? size hooks? just everything) thanks in advance

bigbad5
10-08-2012, 09:52 PM
It all depends on what you're fishing for.

to be honest i really dont care if i catch a mackrel, i just wanna get all the fishing in before it get chilly

landwhale
10-09-2012, 06:49 AM
Cherry Beach foot of Junipero easy launch quarter meters $1 an hour. Try the oil islands just watch for the work boats.

MrM
10-09-2012, 06:59 AM
Cherry Beach foot of Junipero easy launch quarter meters $1 an hour. Try the oil islands just watch for the work boats.

To expand on that, there's two boats (Ford and Ranger) that go to each island on the hour, every hour during the day. Watch out for them. Depending on the captain, the boats don't slow down for fishermen. I've been on them when they've almost ran people over, and when they've slowed down to give a smaller wake. There's also a barge that is scheduled as needed at each island every day.

Papa drew
10-09-2012, 11:18 AM

That's a great spot to go. I have been fishing Grissom island. I was thinking of going there first.

Amish Ed
10-09-2012, 12:35 PM
Yep, Landwhale and I fish White Island (right off Cherry) frequently. We just use bass gear no matter where we're fishing. Of course when we go together we're only looking for bass. I use a Curado 200, Cardiff 300, and Cardiff 200. 6-17lb topshots, 10-40lb spectra backing. For baits I'm using 3" and 4" Edge Flurry, Big Hammer swimbaits in 5"-6", spinner baits, and various Texas and Carolina rigged baits. Hot Sauce for taste.

landwhale
10-09-2012, 04:23 PM
Its an easy paddle to Grisham and the Queen Mary area and alot easier launch.

Papa drew
10-09-2012, 05:41 PM
Its an easy paddle to Grisham and the Queen Mary area and alot easier launch.

I figure for his first time that would be a good starting point. I have fished it before and cought spottys and halibut there.
I am going to hook him up with some swim baits like you did with me Steve.
Btw your more then welcome to join us.

tomahawk
10-09-2012, 06:05 PM
PD, where do you launch from when you fish Grisham? I have fished there before but parking is always a pain. Are you parking on the Queen Mary side at the boat ramp? I would love to meet up with you guys but not sure if I am committed to something else. It would nice to meet some other fishermen. One concern about fishing Sunday is if it rains Thursday it might be pretty dirty at the mouth of the LA river.

Papa drew
10-09-2012, 06:31 PM
PD, where do you launch from when you fish Grisham? I have fished there before but parking is always a pain. Are you parking on the Queen Mary side at the boat ramp? I would love to meet up with you guys but not sure if I am committed to something else. It would nice to meet some other fishermen. One concern about fishing Sunday is if it rains Thursday it might be pretty dirty at the mouth of the LA river.

Bring quarters it is a buck an hour. Park at alamitos parking lot. It is behind the big stone building. "You can not miss it as it is across the street from the big circle building. We can wheel the kayaks all most to the water. Short paddle about 300 yards to the start of the fishing spot. We can work around the island to the queen Mary. The rain on Thursday should be real light. Your more then welcome to come. It will be an easy kick back fishing day. If you want pm me and I will give you my number. I live 3 blocks from cherry beach we can head over together.

Papa drew
10-09-2012, 07:01 PM
If you want to I am going to be in the parking lot around 10 am:kayak-surfer:

bigbad5
10-09-2012, 07:19 PM
I'm in

Papa drew
10-14-2012, 05:30 PM
Fishing report out of LBC.
Long long walk to the water. Launched about 10:45 am.
Water was like glass wind was calm and the sun was out. Paddled about 300 yards from the beach. Start casting big hammers. Got a couple bites. Landed a 4 lbs bass. My bro landed a bass a little after me. We were getting bites for sure but no other fish landed. Bait fish all over the place. Had a blast we were on the water for about 3 and a half hours. Next time cherry beach.