PDA

View Full Version : Another epic crawl

Drake
10-10-2012, 12:00 AM
Since I saw my buddy catch his 8lber last week, I've been hitting my spot pretty hard, and thanks to the law saying I can only have 7 in my possession until they are consumed or given away....my roommates, neighbors and friends are completely on board and supportive with my hunt for a the big one. As long as I'm hunting, they're eating well.

I got my PB today. Probably in the 7lb range. :lobster:

Took a friend to my super secret well guarded classified spot and hit double limits in under two hours. Home, and cleaned off by 830.

Hoops went down 15 minutes before sun down, 35 minute soak and we had first limit. Dropped them down again, 40 minute soak and had second limit. Had a hoop come up feeling unbelieveably heavy and it broke off. I know it was proabably a ray but I want to tell myself it was two 20lbers.

I marked the spot, I'll be dragging some trebbles and a grappling hook tomorrow to get my hoop back. Hoping the bugs don't move on :D

If you think some of these look small, take into account the one in the bottom right of the cooler is the one next to the OJ carton. Wrap your brain around that. :cool:

The bait pucks I made are working really well, 4th trip and I haven't had to rebait them yet.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v134/Drakeskakes/IMAG2238.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v134/Drakeskakes/IMAG2235.jpg

Dannowar
10-10-2012, 12:48 AM
SAVE SOME FOR THE REST OF US!

jk, nice work, i too have hit limits twice already this year.

me and my cousin pulled up over 100 last night in search of some fatties.

got a big ole 5 pounder and took a swim in the surf at 230 am.

landing in the dark is not very fun.

cheers on your score!:lobster::cheers1:

blitzburgh
10-10-2012, 07:37 AM
Damn!!!!!:luxhello:

ctfphoto
10-10-2012, 07:50 AM
Again nice job dude.

I went out last night and only got two legals.

It felt like a river in the bay last night.

If you every need company, just let me know.

ful-rac
10-10-2012, 08:22 AM
The drake puck strikes agian!!!:luxhello:

skrilla
10-10-2012, 09:10 AM
Nice. Any rooms available or neighbors moving out?

jorluivil
10-10-2012, 10:44 AM
Another awesome catch.

The pucks didn't work to well for me. The 4" drain with the closed cup is to small and does not hold enough bait. It also appears that because the cup is not open it does not allow the scent to exit the puck and travel within the water....at least that's my opinion.

I'm going to go back to what has worked for me for the last 6years.......bait cages.

Deamon
10-10-2012, 10:53 AM
Very nice catches! It's been an epic season start for sure...

Drake
10-10-2012, 11:22 AM
The drake puck strikes agian!!!:luxhello:
I really hope that name catches on

Another awesome catch.

The pucks didn't work to well for me. The 4" drain with the closed cup is to small and does not hold enough bait. It also appears that because the cup is not open it does not allow the scent to exit the puck and travel within the water....at least that's my opinion.

I'm going to go back to what has worked for me for the last 6years.......bait cages.
That's why I went with the open bottoms. Fits more bait and more scent release. I also stuck a knife through all the slits and chopped up the bait. They're working, maybe it was just a slow night. I promise they work, as you can tell. My buddies nets had the same pucks in them

jorluivil
10-10-2012, 12:28 PM
I really hope that name catches on

That's why I went with the open bottoms. Fits more bait and more scent release. I also stuck a knife through all the slits and chopped up the bait. They're working, maybe it was just a slow night. I promise they work, as you can tell. My buddies nets had the same pucks in them

Not doubting your innovation, just doubting what I thought was supposed to work. Funny thing is that I didn't realize what a little amount of bait I had until I opened the pucks and dumped the bait into the bait nets. I set the nets back down and got something like 5 or 6 shorts in four nets in less than 15 minutes. Prior to that I was getting blanks and ones and two's here and there. You definitely created something that is worth using, my modification is what failed.

Drake
10-10-2012, 12:32 PM
Not doubting your innovation, just doubting what I thought was supposed to work. Funny thing is that I didn't realize what a little amount of bait I had until I opened the pucks and dumped the bait into the bait nets. I set the nets back down and got something like 5 or 6 shorts in four nets in less than 15 minutes. Prior to that I was getting blanks and ones and two's here and there. You differently created something that is worth using, my modification is what failed.

What I've done to help is jam thawed sardine in there as packed as I can possible get it. Then step on it to close it and squish it all in there nice and packed. It squeezes all the juicy flavor out and exposes more scent.