PDA

View Full Version : LJ 9-14 PM

katchfish
09-14-2005, 08:45 PM
Windy and sloppy!

The wind never did calm down like it did on Tuesday PM.

Plenty of sporties and mooks in power boats acting like jackasses.

No victory yells…….from anybody.

Later in the afternoon Charlie and some Lambdude had some success, their story.

No foamers, nada, zippo.

Some guest appearances made for a fun (but fishless) afternoon on the water.

Ken

madscientist
09-14-2005, 09:03 PM
I'm going back to AM fishing. PM company is cool, but conditions suck. :D

lamb
09-15-2005, 08:46 AM
Ken and Brad pretty much summed it up nicely.

I’m tired of my current job, so I took yesterday off and lined up 2 interviews. First one in the AMs went well. The 2nd one, with the company I liked better, was a miserable failure. :( 100% my fault - not being focused with the written test they gave me. I was pissed and upset. I didn’t even interview, quite embarrassing. Good thing was I was on my way back home at 3:00PM instead of 5:30PM. I figured I had enough time to spill my frustration on something. ;)

Launched with Brad at about 4:30PM. Windy, sloppy, thick 1 – 2 ft breakers at the launch. I got through easily, but wet. The bait was hard to tind. It was tough to see the surface activity, with all the chop and white caps. I managed 2 spanish deeper in the kelp; pinned one on and started heading south to join the gang. I got picked up soon after. I was only maybe 50 – 70 yards away from the kelp, well inside before the hotel. The fish gave me a nice fight. It spun me 3 times, got it to the surface twice just to take off on another run. It was very kind to me – it didn’t want to add kelp troubles to my already frustrating day.

My 1st landing in the dark, another one I walked out from. I managed to pull off a few more bummers by the time I made it on the beach. To sum up the day:

- Blew major job opportunity
- lost my pliers
- lost my hatch
- lost my shades (last seen on the picture)
- got my cell phone wet – died…
- 17# lambtai…

I’ll take it! 8)

http://www.bloodydecks.com/gallery/files/3/6/1/6/lamb_827636.JPG

Oh well… Great seeing ya’ all.

Chris, thanks for a bitchen picture!!!

twinfin
09-15-2005, 08:54 AM
Lambo,

Beauty of a fish. Handy catching him so close inside on a windy day. :D

cajunman
09-15-2005, 09:07 AM
way 2 go, Adi,, good to see you out there,
good luck with the job stuff,,
remember,
We Work to Make $$, so that we can

FISH!!

ragin and slowly sinking

Cajun

Dennis
09-15-2005, 12:10 PM
Way to hang in there, Adi.. What a trooper. With all the mishaps, and still a happy camper. You rock!!
-Dennis

Holy Mackerel
09-15-2005, 01:54 PM
Adi, just glad I didnt mess up anther pic! :lol: Actually, now that I recall...I had some bait come up on the inside, cast my sabiki into them, pulled up a Spanish, then all of the sudden about 10 ft off my bow, a big whooshing sound happened with water being displaced. Not sure if it was the Right Kind, but I cast my Kroc to no avail... It got the blood going though. Other than that just another peaceful evening on the pond with good people. May try to get out to LJ Sunday before the Chargers smack up on Denver!!! :P

Chris

Zed
09-16-2005, 07:17 AM
http://www.bloodydecks.com/gallery/files/3/6/1/6/lamb_827636.JPG

Adi had a yellow lamb,
It's meat was good, you know.
And everwhere that Adi went,
the lamb were sure to show.

bdkirby
09-16-2005, 09:49 AM
That's a sweet fish dude, congrats