PDA

View Full Version : Impressed with Malibu Kayak customer service

dbarnett66
11-16-2012, 08:51 PM
I called Malibu Kayaks today to see if I could BUY some closed cell foam blocks to reinforce the seating and deck areas of my 2012 X-Factor. I explained that I bought my kayak at the blem sale and wanted to do some preventative maintenance due to my weight. (Lost 60 pounds but more must come off.) I was transferred to Milo in customer service. He told me to send my name and address to him via email and he would send a "kit" out. I asked him how much and if he took plastic. He told me "no charge" and thanked me for buying a Malibu Kayak.

I thought being a blem owner meant that you had automatic second world status. How nice to see a company support its product and make sure the customer is happy. My boys are growing and I can see more Malibu Kayaks in the near future.

Danodog

steveooo
11-16-2012, 10:04 PM
Like!

It is always refreshing to see a positive report on fishing, customer service, or a local business. :cheers1:

Drake
11-17-2012, 01:38 AM
I called Malibu Kayaks today to see if I could BUY some closed cell foam blocks to reinforce the seating and deck areas of my 2012 X-Factor. I explained that I bought my kayak at the blem sale and wanted to do some preventative maintenance due to my weight. (Lost 60 pounds but more must come off.) I was transferred to Milo in customer service. He told me to send my name and address to him via email and he would send a "kit" out. I asked him how much and if he took plastic. He told me "no charge" and thanked me for buying a Malibu Kayak.

I thought being a blem owner meant that you had automatic second world status. How nice to see a company support its product and make sure the customer is happy. My boys are growing and I can see more Malibu Kayaks in the near future.

Danodog

I had an iffy experience with Milo in the beginning when I paid full price for a kayak and they shipped me a blem S12. i was living in Boston at the time

After a lot of phone calls, Milo stepped it up and now we're facebook friends :cheers1: :D:D

bus kid
11-17-2012, 07:42 AM
I had an iffy experience with Milo in the beginning when I paid full price for a kayak and they shipped me a blem S12. i was living in Boston at the time

After a lot of phone calls, Milo stepped it up and now we're facebook friends :cheers1: :D:D

Thats what you get for living in boston! :the_finger:

TheBentRod
11-18-2012, 02:53 AM
Thats what you get for living in boston! :the_finger:

x2

Go Yankees!!

Jimmyz123
11-18-2012, 06:43 AM
Great report. It's great to see that GOOD or Great Customer Service is still alive in our industry. OEX is one of the best when it comes to Customer Service, but there are plenty of fishing companies out there that seem to have forgotten to practice good customer service.

Keep up the great work on the weight loss.

dbarnett66
11-19-2012, 08:44 AM
Just got an email from Milo. The foam blocks are on their way.

dbarnett66
12-16-2012, 08:26 AM
I forgot to add that the box came in the other day with a hat and a couple of stickers. I think Malibu is trying very hard to satisfy their customers.