PDA

View Full Version : Pair of Blacks, No Jacks ( LJ 11/28 )

TJones
11-28-2012, 05:10 PM
It was the calm , before storm. Surf hieght , ankle slappers. Water like glass. Hooked one black 80 lb range, unhooked him and revived him. Pinned on another bait and was on again within minutes. Sleigh ride to open water, horsed him in and released. Probably 120 lbs range. Wind kicked up and called it a day. Dolphin in the background within arms reach , and put a bend in rod.Not a bad day.

DanaPT
11-28-2012, 05:52 PM
200 lbs of black s bass. :toetap05:

even if it were 40 lbs, it's still fishing.

arik lerner
11-28-2012, 06:01 PM
any one else catch any yellows this morning off LJ ?

lowprofile
11-28-2012, 06:12 PM
any one else catch any yellows this morning off LJ ?

yes. but not I

Biggameaddict
11-28-2012, 06:40 PM
Nice report 2 bsb make a great day! No pics?

RobFish
11-28-2012, 07:18 PM
Any day on the water is a good day in my eyes too TJ.
Maybe they were the siblings of whatever had your line last week?

mtnbykr2
11-28-2012, 07:28 PM
C&R'd BSB, exciting, fighting a BSB, let alone 2, "great day", c&r sucessfully, after the sliegh ride...worth having a Go Pro...congrats on what seems to have been a cherished day.

TJones
11-29-2012, 08:26 AM
i was all alone , until i saw one other kayaker in the distance heading back in . no communication made. either he had a couple yellows tucked away in hull , or he was down and out because it was slow and had to go to work. :D . the first bass i hooked , ran me into kelp , i was tired from last weeks episode , where i fought one for 45 min in kelp, only to break him off at 20' under yak. much love for rob, for helping me try to subdue that one. todays fish ran me around the pot ,and kelp. after a ten minute battle ,the fish floated to surface . the first thing that came to my mind , was another yaker left this fish to die, but my line was hung around the pot , i backed off , spun around pot , and i was free . so was the fish. buy that time the fish swam back down. the second time around , i hooked up fresh bait , drop it down and was on immediately on . like American made , ohhhh what a feeling. :) . best christmas sleigh ride ever. ride to open water , guess to where ? the only lobster pot around . these fish are smart . what do i do? standard issue . button down the drag . horsed the fish in cause i am tired , and have 65 braid / 50 floro topshot. i think last weeks fish was bigger, but this one is close. well over a hundred. his mouth was like a bowling ball, i tried to retrieve my hook , which was well in his mouth, about 8 inches back . he took another run . i was worried about the line getting guide wrapped , and flipping so i cut the floro at the hook and the fish was free. no fish taken home , but life a plenty . happy holidays. hope to see you soon on water. thanks to Kevin and Josh , for all the secrets of trade . and hope to see you all next year. Happy Holidays.