PDA

View Full Version : 2013 KFA/WCR Tournament Trail

JeffB
02-16-2013, 10:47 AM
http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i226/jacktwist28/feb2842f-3ecc-4db6-bf4f-1a393df6d1ff.jpg (http://s73.photobucket.com/user/jacktwist28/media/feb2842f-3ecc-4db6-bf4f-1a393df6d1ff.jpg.html)

***For further events we need a minimum of 10 anglers rogered up 3 days prior to event. If we do not meet the minimum amount of anglers, the tournament will be postponed and/ or cancelled.***

Tournament Rules and Regulations
1. Registration will begin an hour and a half before each tournament starts and end 30 minutes after the launch time.
2. $25 entry fee with $10 optional Jackpot. 100% payout to top 3 anglers based on 20 anglers. The more Addicts and other anglers that show up, the more positions we can pay out.
3. All Coast Guard and MPLA restricted areas apply for each tournament location. The bait barges will have a 100ft standoff for each bay and/or harbor. Each tournament may also have specific off limit areas as well for that specific event.
4. No live, dead, or frozen baits are allowed. No chum and/or chumming will be allowed. Artificial baits only, Gulp and scents ok. No more than two baits in the water at a time, only exception is for umbrella rigs. In the case of an umbrella rig being used, no other rod maybe used with it. DFW (Department of Fish and Wildlife) no longer DFG, only allows 3 hooks on umbrella rig with up to two teaser baits added on. Teaser bait can contain a swimbait glued to a jig head, no hook allowed on teaser lure.
5. All DFW rules and regulations apply. I will try and get new regulation book to hand out at the first tournament, if not then the second tournament.
6. All tournaments will have a 14.25" slot for all 3 bass species. 3 fish will be allowed to be weighed. You can weigh any of the three bass species( Calico, Sand Bass, Spotted Bass) at all events. All fish must be weighed-in alive. There will be a 1lb penalty for all fish deemed dead at weigh-in.
7. Weigh-ins will begin an hour prior to the tournaments closing time. There will be a 5 minute window after weigh-in allowed for the anglers to weigh their fish It will contain a penalty of a 1lb a minute.
8. Life vest must be worn during all tournaments, result in anyone not wearing their PFD could result in disqualification. All DFW regs for kayaks apply for all tournaments. Be sure and read up on it. No motorized kayak are allowed in the events. Float tubers and canoes under 14' are welcome to join.
9. There will be a 75' standoff between yourself and other anglers. If you feel someone is too close, simply ask then to move back and/or just report them at the end of the tournament. Results may lead to disqualification. Note: These events are a chance to get out and hang out with your fellow Addicts, but at the same time they still are competitive
competitive events and you must respect others and their competitive nature. If you want to fish along side of a friend, that is 100% fine. All we are asking for respect for others.
10. All anglers will be held at the launch point until a signal is given for take off.
11. Their will be pot lucks after each tournament. The more the Addicts bring out, the more I get to eat!

Official Schedule for this years trail
#1. March 16th- Tidelands Park 7am-2pm Off Limit Areas: those stated in regs up above as well as the Naval bases and everything north/west of the Midway. Tideland Park Launch site
1st-Nancy Ortiz
2nd-Angel Figueras
3rd-Dave Easton
Big Bass-Greg Viska

#2. April 20th- Oceanside Open 6am-1pm Off Limit Areas: those stated in regs up above as well as Camp Pendleton Harbor. Launch site? still to come

#3. May 18th- La Jolla Shoot Off 5am-1pm Off Limit areas: only those stated in regs up above. There will be two division for this tournament. There will be the Bass Div and the Big Fish Div.( YT, WSB, and Halibut only). You will be allowed to fish only one division. The Bass division will be like it always is with only artificial baits allowed. The Big Fish Div will be allowed to use frozen bait and/or live bait. As of right now all bass will be weighed-in next to the middle Yellow Marker on the MPLA line, and all big fish will be weighed-in as well as awards to be given at Kate O. Sessions Memorial Park( 5115 Soledad Rd, San Diego, 92109). Entry fees will be the same for both divisions as well as optional jackpot, $25 entry and $10 side pot. There will be a rod given away for each div winner as well. La Jolla Shores Launch site. ----Cancelled----

#4. June 15th- Point Loma Open 5am-2pm Off Limit Areas: those stated in regs up above as well as everything south/east of the east Shelter Island Marina where the sport boats are. You are allowed to fish all of Pt Loma and and Coronado. Shelter Island Launch site.

#5. July 20th- Mission Bay Night Bash 3pm-10pm Off Limit Areas: those stated in regs above as well as the ability to fish inside and outside off the jetty walls. Everything 100 yards north and 100 yards south of the jetties are off limits. Ski Beach Launch site

#6. August 17th- Dana Pt. Open 5am-1pm Off Limits Areas: those stated in the regs above. There will be a $15 optional side Halibut jackpot as well. No live bait. Launch site still to come???

#7. September 21st- Shelter Island 5am-1pm Off Limit Areas: those stated in regs above as well as nothing south/east of the Cruise ships and nothing west of the point where the mouth of the bay and the jetty meet. There is a Coast Guard station there as well as the boat repair station. Shelter Island Launch site

#8. October 19th- New Port Beach still in the works.

#9. November 16th- Oceanside Open 6am-1pm Off Limit Areas: those stated in regs up above as well as Camp Pendleton Harbor. Launch site? still to come

#10. December 14th- Mission Bay 7am-2pm Off Limits Areas: those stated in regs up above as well as nothing south of Ocean Beach Pier nor anything north of Crystal Pier. Bonita Cove Park Launch site. It is directly across from Belmont Park.

Leader Board:
1.Greg Viska 8lb 0oz
2.Dave Easton 7lb 6oz
3.Nancy Ortiz 3lb 9oz
4.Angel Figueras 2lb 14oz
5.Al Figueras 2lb 3oz
6.Danny Jones 2lb 2oz
7.Janine Alioto 1lb 9oz
8.Kirk Gossett
9.Chuck Long
10.Richard Dame
11.Daniel Nichlos
12.Tyler Robinson
13.Kevin Anderson
14.Micheal Mitka
15.Lucian Smoot
16.Roger Smith

For any questions post up and I will answer as soon I get a chance. I look forward to kicking this trail off this year. I am hoping to bring in more anglers into it just like the ones I use to hear others talk about. There will also be a Pro/Am division this year. The winner of each division will be decided by the total weight of each angler weighed in from every event combined. There will also be a rod given away for each event winner as well as the anglers of the year.

JeffB
02-24-2013, 10:34 PM
3 weeks away until the first tournament

kiyo21
03-01-2013, 08:07 AM
is it at the event or ahead of time?

Baja_Traveler
03-01-2013, 09:48 AM
is it at the event or ahead of time?

1. Registration will begin an hour and a half before each tournament starts and end 30 minutes after the launch time.

At the event the way I read it...

JeffB
03-03-2013, 03:07 PM
Two weeks out until the first event, I hope to see you all there.

It is pay at the event before launch time.

JeffB
03-16-2013, 07:43 PM
Results from first event
1st-Nancy Ortiz
2nd-Angel Figueras
3rd-Dave Easton
Big Bass-Greg Viska

Joker619
03-18-2013, 02:38 AM
What kind of gear is required? Bait tank/livewell to keep fish alive or is there a boat we call to weigh our catch. Net or any other type of safety equipment besides a pfd required? Interested in possibly entering one of the tournaments this year.

Lit-up1
03-26-2013, 08:51 AM
Yes a bait tank is the best idea to keep three bass alive but not necessary-
1 lb penalty for dead fish-
Usually no weigh boats for the tournaments unless someone steps up to help out.
Radio or cel phone makes sense as far as safety-or just hang out where everyone else is fishing-
Evan if you don't enter show up for the BBQ and weigh in to meet the group and go from there
don't forget to have fun-
Dave

spottie slayer
04-20-2013, 07:34 AM
see you at dana point open.:kayak-surfer:

roadx
06-22-2013, 08:11 AM
JeffB can you post up the details to the up coming tourney at shelter island?
thanks

JeffB
06-22-2013, 08:09 PM
http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/showthread.php?p=160897#post160897