PDA

View Full Version : Anchor setups

gear junkie
02-20-2013, 09:37 AM
Use them? What kind do you prefer? Any pics of your setups?

MrM
02-20-2013, 09:41 AM
It's not worth the hassle unless you're on a lake. Even then it's debatable.

jruiz
02-20-2013, 09:42 AM
The only place i use it is at Huntington harbor where you're really cramped for space and the wind can get you close to other watercraft or the buoys. At every other outing I leave it at home.

Matar
02-20-2013, 10:13 AM
Dirft sock or a two foot peice of chain on the end of a rope to help controll drift angle is all i use.

tacmik
02-20-2013, 04:30 PM
I use one when lake fishing only. What I did was to run a line fromthe front of my yak to the back. Just tied it to the front and back handles and made sure to let it drape part way down the side so as to not get in the way. Then I just let out the anchor, loop a carbiner to the anchor rope and then just clip it to the rope going from the front to back. Leave enough anchor rope to pull it back to you and you are set to go. Can slide the carbiner to the front or rear of yak for whatever way you want to face. Would post a pict. but no camera.

ful-rac
02-20-2013, 05:17 PM
I have an anchor trolley installed on my pa, i dont use it often but when i need it its invaluable. Use it to clip yourself to the kelp on a windy day, or drop an anchor. I usually like to anchor on top of bedding bluegill and just knock the crap out of 'em...too much fun!

Dannowar
02-20-2013, 05:24 PM
Ill anchor if I'm dropping squid lights so I can stay on top of the patch

JarrodMc
02-20-2013, 09:54 PM
if you're in a lake just use a rock tied to a length of rope attached to your yak. cheap