PDA

View Full Version : LJ 9/18 am

Dennis
09-18-2005, 11:30 AM
Launched 0500. Overcast skies, water temp. 68-69, waves 1-1.5, water vis. 10 ft.
Once out there winds picked up.. Pretty stiff south wind. Made bait pretty easily, a bunch of big spanish. A little crowded out there, lots of boats (pbers and cattle) going fast. Traffic on the radio sounded like a lot of fish caught, but no love for me... Next time, ya know.. Paddled back in at 1030 to clearing skies. Waves picked up also... 2-4 ft sets. Romel and I unloaded the rods and valuables, and surf kayaked in some nice size waves.. Fun!!

Be safe out there,
Dennis

katchfish
09-18-2005, 04:40 PM
Dennis, must have missed you out there.

Picked up this YT on a greenie out in front of the hotel!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v461/katchfish/2005-09-18LJ002rz.jpg

The south wind picked up early and never stopped.

Regardless, blessed to be out there.

Ken

vellocity
09-18-2005, 05:26 PM
nice Ken!!
looks like i'm missing out on some good fishing!!!

Dennis
09-18-2005, 06:45 PM
Ken,
I heard your traffic. I was trying to raise you on the radio, but I something must be wrong on my side. I think I saw you when the Dolphin came gunning by. Yeah, I missed out on the bite. Apparently, there were multiple hook ups at the spot. We didn't make it out there until the bite was gone. One of the guys that I was with hooked up, but later lost it.. It would have been his first yt caught on his kayak. We were paddling in because he got seasick. There's always tomorrow pm. Nice catch, Ken.
See ya,
Dennis

surfdoc
09-18-2005, 07:26 PM
Damn Ken.. a nice Tail and a Stone brew too!!!!!!!!!!

Looks like a damn good day Bro!

Congrats

Stan

twinfin
09-18-2005, 08:58 PM
looks like a good weekend for you Ken....congrats! maybe one of these days I'll do a PM weekday and see you out there! :D