PDA

View Full Version : yak attack gear track

kiyo21
03-02-2013, 11:55 PM
Okay, I've lost all hope of putting 7/8 stainless railing around 1/2 my yak but now I just want some gear track but does anyone know whats better or maybe more sturdy?

The GT90 vs GT175 tracks

Not quite sure what to put on a T-13, any thoughts?

kiyo21
03-03-2013, 10:36 AM
anyone use this stuff?

Siebler
03-03-2013, 11:01 AM
We install a TON of GearTracs. Very sturdy and more user friendly that a rail is going to be.

GT90 vs GT175 is a preference and what fits boat better. You also have the GT90SL which is hitting shelves starting in next few weeks. On your Trident I would do the GT90 on the top of the deck over doing the GT175 along the angled side area.

We stock all the YakAttack products at OEX.

kiyo21
03-03-2013, 09:45 PM
We install a TON of GearTracs. Very sturdy and more user friendly that a rail is going to be.

GT90 vs GT175 is a preference and what fits boat better. You also have the GT90SL which is hitting shelves starting in next few weeks. On your Trident I would do the GT90 on the top of the deck over doing the GT175 along the angled side area.

We stock all the YakAttack products at OEX.

Gunna have it at the show? i'll be stopping by the booth for sure!:luxhello:

ful-rac
03-03-2013, 11:06 PM
Your gonna love it! Gear track is the shit!

JarrodMc
03-04-2013, 08:41 PM
I'm a woodworker and I use this for my various jigs in my shop. It's anodized aluminum and I've had it mounted on my yak since summer and there's not a spot of corrosion. Yakattack geartrack is nice but this is a hell of a lot nicer alternative to gear track pricewise...

http://www.rockler.com/product.cfm?page=21967&site=ROCKLER

Cbad Mike
03-05-2013, 12:13 AM
I'm a woodworker and I use this for my various jigs in my shop. It's anodized aluminum and I've had it mounted on my yak since summer and there's not a spot of corrosion. Yakattack geartrack is nice but this is a hell of a lot nicer alternative to gear track pricewise...

http://www.rockler.com/product.cfm?page=21967&site=ROCKLER

Thanks for the info. I will have to check yours out next time I see ya.

JarrodMc
03-05-2013, 08:27 AM
Yeah Mike for sure. I'll get you set up. They have free shipping over $25 right now too.

kiyo21
03-05-2013, 07:00 PM
http://www.orangealuminum.com/t-track/t-track.html

kiyo21
03-05-2013, 07:01 PM
Yeah Mike for sure. I'll get you set up. They have free shipping over $25 right now too.

Got any pics? I'd love to see what it looks like on the yak!

ful-rac
03-05-2013, 07:48 PM
Dont discount the gear track completely just on the price alone... yes they're more expensive than the other tracks but its quality stuff and also made in america, and they stand behind their products 100%. Gotta support the companies that make good innovative products for the kayak community...they are few.:cheers1:

JarrodMc
03-06-2013, 10:45 PM
I'm not discounting Geartrack one bit. It is quality stuff and if I could afford it I would probably use it. I'm just pointing out a feasible alternative.

Hey Kayo, I don't have any pics of it on my yak but I'll snap one when I have it down from the ceiling. If you have a PA I can make them fit flush into wood then mount the wood on the front plastic rails by the pedals. I'm gonna do that for a buddy of mine. I will show pics of that!

Siebler
03-12-2013, 12:28 PM
Not to mention it is Military grade coating and comes with all the Marine Grade hardware and holes drilled. That track really doesnt cost much less than a GT90, especially when you figure in the Hardware and your BWE discount. Plus like Tony said, Made in the USA and Luther stands behind that 100%. He has actually dropped product ideas because he wasnt able to get them made in the USA without sacrificing quality or having price way too high.

Just like buying from KFS online, Support those who suypport you. YakAttack steps up to the plate for tournaments run by OEX 100% of the time and are HUGE supporters of HOW.

FlyFishinYakr
03-12-2013, 11:38 PM
You should also consider what your mounting on the track. Estimate the amount of torque you'll be placing on it. That's why I chose the yak attack gear track. More screws to hold the track secure to the yak & I bought the 16" 175's (pair) for my Outback!
Check out their website & watch the video, these guys are innovators and are making more items to accommodate to the gear track for YAK Angler's.
These even work with RAM mounts (with the "T" adapter) and Scotty mounts!
That's why I decided to spend the $ on them, I'll check & see if "Andy" will post picks of my yak as I won't be picking it up till this weekend (hopefully!).