PDA

View Full Version : Why not???

beef78
07-28-2013, 06:04 PM
I was cut off by some tourists landing at LJ yesterday and flipped my yak. I figured I let some of you laugh at me. Lucky for everyone, I had my new gopro rigged up. The best part is you can see the people who I was trying to avoid in my video.

http://youtu.be/u1hdItlzHMQ

easyday
07-28-2013, 07:25 PM
Yep had that happen last time I was out there the tourist thing but they just got a little nudge :D

JarrodMc
07-28-2013, 07:59 PM
Dang that sucks.

beef78
07-28-2013, 08:09 PM
It really wasn't there fault, their guide shoved them out and they were pushed sideways by the wave before the one I tried to ride in and they really didn't know how to paddle. Luckily I didn't lose anything. Tested out all of my waterproofing and rigging.

FishNinjaY
07-28-2013, 08:45 PM
Bummer.. looks like you lost your hat. Hopefully nothing else, I hope?

I watched it a few times, and I still can't see what happened. Did you get turned sideways? I know at the end your yak is turned around facing out.. but that was after you righted your boat. Just trying to learn... :confused:

Glad you're ok. Thanks for sharing.. :cheers1:

beef78
07-28-2013, 09:38 PM
My hat stayed on by the chinstrap around my neck, luckily. I turned to my right to avoid them and and ended up parallel to the wave. Then furiously tried to correct back towards shore when i lost balance and rolled.

taggermike
07-29-2013, 08:29 AM
Dude, that sucks. At least no one was hurt. After a long day of fishing that landing can be stressful. Between the tour groups, solo renters, knuckle heads that think its a swimming area, and rental gear snorklers that think its a snorkeling area landing can feel like threading a needle. Having to time the waves as you time the inside can take a while to get a shot. I land a long ass unmanuverable and heavy hobie adventure there, good times. Mike