PDA

View Full Version : Your days of eating Pacific Ocean fish are soon over...

Drake
08-26-2013, 09:56 PM
This is worth a read. I don't buy much into sources such as these, but this concerns us all. If anyone has further insight, please share.

http://www.themindunleashed.org/2013/08/at-very-least-your-days-of-eating.html
The heart-breaking news from Fukushima just keeps getting worse…a LOT worse…it is, quite simply, an out-of-control flow of death and destruction. TEPCO is finally admitting that radiation has been leaking to the Pacific Ocean all along. and it’s NOT over….
I find myself moving between the emotions of sorrow and anger.
It now appears that anywhere from 300 to possibly over 450 tons of contaminated water that contains radioactive iodone, cesium, and strontium-89 and 90, is flooding into the Pacific Ocean from the Fukushima Daichi site everyday. To give you an idea of how bad that actually is, Japanese experts estimate Fukushima’s fallout at 20-30 times as high as as the Hiroshima and Nagasaki nuclear bombings in 1945
There’s a lot you’re not being told. Oh, the information is out there, but you have to dig pretty deep to find it, and you won’t find it on the corporate-owned evening news.

An MSNBC article in April of 2012 reported that seals and polar bears were found to have “external maladies” that consisted of fur loss and open sores, obvious signs of radiation burns from the Fukushima meltdown, despite the conclusions of the article.
Fukushima radiation appears to be causing an epidemic of dead and starving Sea Lions in California and the FDA has refused to test for radiation

Update: Huffington Post reports that the reactors used “dirty fuel,” a combination ofplutonium and uranium (MOX), which means we can never return to this place again. This comes from a Russian nuclear physicist who is an expert on the kinds of gasses being released at Fukushima.

Almost a third more US West Coast newborns may face thyroid problems after Fukushima nuclear disaster
Contaminated water from Fukushima reactors could double radioactivity levels of US coastal waters in 5 years — “We were surprised at how quickly the tracer spread”

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/j7UQXfN-J4E" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
above: German Scientists have calculated the dispersion of Cs-137 in the Pacific Ocean

WHAT’S GOING ON WITH THE PACIFIC OCEAN FOOD CHAIN? – May 2013 –Researchers from the Japan Agency for Marine Earth Science and Technology reported in early 2012 that they have detected radioactive cesium from the Fukushima No. 1 nuclear plant in plankton collected from all 10 points in the Pacific they checked, with the highest levels at around 25 degrees north latitude and 150 degrees west longitude. Plankton, and the radiation they contain, moves right up the food chain through fish, whales, seals, etc., and when larger fish eat smaller fish. Kyodo: Highest levels of Fukushima contamination in plankton already east of Hawaii?

A WARNING TO SEAFOOD LOVERS EVERYWHERE – Scientists previously reported higher-than-expected concentrations of radiation in fish off Japan. Now there are calls for testing of seafood sold in the U.S. Although contaminated air, rainfall and even radioactive debris from Japan have drifted toward the U.S. West Coast since the disaster occurred 2 1/2 years ago, scientists are unclear about how the contaminated waters could impact the health of Americans, and while scientists say that 300 tons of contaminate water is diluted in the Pacific, no one knows how long that’s been going during those 2 1/2 years as we also now know TEPCO has been lying all along. Nuclear experts are calling on the U.S. government to test West Coast waters and Pacific seafood sold in the U.S. in the wake of Japan’s alarming admission about an ongoing radiation leak, something the EPA and the FDA have so far refused to do, as they are only testing imported fish, not wild-caught. WHY? The only way to protect your children and grandchildren is by NOT EATING SEAFOOD from the Pacific Ocean until we have better information (Source). Information posted at the website of The Department of Nuclear Engineering at the University of California recommends not buying any fish from the Pacific Ocean or western states, including Baja.

WHAT YOU HAVEN’T BEEN TOLD ABOUT FISH CONTAMINATION
Tissue samples taken from 15 bluefin caught in August, five months after the meltdowns at Fukushima Daiichi, all 15 contained reactor byproducts cesium-134 and cesium-137.

The 15 fish tested were only exposed to radiation for a short time. But bluefin arriving in California now will have been exposed to the Fukushima radiation for much longer.

Unlike some other compounds, radioactive cesium does not quickly sink to the sea bottom but remains dispersed in the water column, from the surface to the ocean floor.Fish can swim right through it, ingesting it through their gills, by taking in seawater or by eating organisms that have already taken it in.

The overwhelming scientific consensus is that there is no safe level of radiation … and radiation consumed and taken into the body is much more dangerous than background radiation.

The Telegraph notes that scientists tagged a bluefin tuna and found that it crossed between Japan and the West Coast three times in 600 days: All Pacific migratory fish are likely Fukushima contaminated.

Why have Contaminated Alaskan Halibut been found even though halibut don’t migrate? The cesium-134 contamination from radioactive plumes doesn’t just fall on land.

Study shows Fukushima nuclear pollution becoming more concentrated as it approaches U.S. West Coast — Plume crosses ocean in a nearly straight line toward N. America — Appears to stay together with little dispersion (MODEL)

Pacific herring in Canada bleeding from eyeballs, faces, fins, tails — I’ve never seen fish looking this bad — All 100 examined were bloody — Officials informed of hemorrhaging soon after 3/11 — Gov’t ignoring problem.

Unprecedented: Sockeye salmon at dire historic low on Canada’s Pacific coast — “We think something happened in the ocean” — “The elders have never seen anything like this at all” — Alaska and Russia also affected.

Japan Times: Fukushima Daiichi radioactive water problems seem ‘uncontainable’ — Believed to be wreaking environmental havoc upon Pacific Ocean.

Reuters: Crisis deepening at Fukushima nuclear plant; Upgraded to ‘Level 3 Serious Incident’ — Represents a 100-fold increase in “severity of a radiological release” — Tepco says highly radioactive leakage continues, but unknown where from.

It’s more than obvious that TEPCO officials have no idea what they’re doing, and the big question is why aren’t world governments jumping in to contain what’s going on? Meanwhile, the Pacific Ocean may very well be dying.

Australian Physician and anti-nuclear advocate Dr. Helen Caldicott Warns of Contaminated Fish and Ocean
Japan Nuclear Crisis: The Dangers of Radiation

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/eMmaduq-5bw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Also see this video of her speaking in 2012
Quotes from Dr Caldicott
“Plumes of radioactivity from Fukushima are migrating in the Pacific towards the U.S. West Coast.”
“[Chernobel]] is one of the most monstrous cover-ups in the history of medicine”
“Then we extrapolate to japan. Japan is – by orders of magnitude – many times worse than Chernobyl.”
“I knew the three GE engineers who helped design the GE Mark 1 reactors. They resigned because they knew they were dangerous. Japan built them on an earthquake fault.”
“Diablo and San Onofre are both built on earthquake faults, haven’t you seen enough of an earthquake to see what it does…and in a tsunami area.”

What is the greatest threat to humanity? We are, of course….and our technology. Like a dangerous weapon in the hands of a child, technology has overtaken our capacity to control potential consequences. Oxford University’s Future of Humanity Institute, led by director Nick Bostrom, says we have entered this new kind of technological era that we have no track record of surviving.
Our technological intelligence may have the potential for creating a better world, but so far, in areas of the economy, genetics and biologics, arms and warfare, security and surveillance, as well as the environment and energy, technology is also completely indifferent to the law of unintended consequences.
Fukushima is what happens when we have the moral responsibility of infants and the technology of adults.

Source of this article: CollapsingIntoConsciousness

Dannowar
08-26-2013, 10:50 PM
i would rather swim in a radioactive ocean and eat radioactive fish than EVER hear this song again, thats all i got

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/eu-xFvLaE68" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

roadx
08-27-2013, 05:06 AM
im no scientist but the flow model makes no since to me. isnt there a gyre? you know the one that collects all the trash in the middle of the pacific? i see no gyre effect in this model. it looks like it shoots straight over like shot out of a hose. hmmmmm :rolleyes:

roadx
08-27-2013, 05:11 AM
http://assets.inhabitat.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/1/files/vortex.jpg

Ddwineguy
08-27-2013, 05:48 AM
You statement about the source reads true. Look at some of the sources used in this article. Where it says the berkley website posted that you should not eat fish from the Pacific Ocean was really a anonymous post on the board's forum. It than lists a ton of organic foods you should be eating. This is just more hyperbole from the natural food police. I see nothing new here about this disaster. Yes the area immediately around the plant is a dangerous area but the ocean dilutes all pollutants quickly. In fact most areas around Japan are tested, declared safe and are open to fishing again. You see that's real science. Study, Test and make a conclusion based on results. Not spreading half truths and fear. Now if only the DFG would try that when making new regulations..,

Baja_Traveler
08-27-2013, 05:56 AM
The whole article is alarmist bull hockey. In fact, I cant find any truth in it at all when doing a search. And the reference to Bluefin tuna - results were barely above background levels, but still so low that one would have to eat nothing but tuna to get any dose. Reference from the scientist that made the measurement: "The amounts the fish carried were minuscule — far less, ounce for ounce, than the amount of naturally occurring radiation in a banana"...

Here's an example from the UC Berkeley Nuclear Energy Dept website:

Results Log
3/5/2013 2:25pm: We have tested a sample of salmon from the Pacific Northwest that we purchased locally. No radioactive isotopes were detected from the reactors at Fukushima to very low limits. These results have been posted on the salmon section of our Food Chain page.

9/27/2012 5:20pm: Three more dried seaweed samples were tested recently that came from the same source as our measurements in 2011. As with the previous samples, no radioactive isotopes were detected from the reactors at Fukushima. These results have been posted on the seaweed section of our Food Chain page.

We have also tested a sample of soy sauce purchased in a local grocery store. The soy sauce was labeled as a product of Japan. No radioactive isotopes were detected that can be traced to the reactors at Fukushima. Our limits for Cesium-134 and Cesium-137 were 0.029 and 0.032 Bq/L, respectively. For comparison, the activity concentration of Potassium-40 (K-40) in the sample was approximately 100 Bq/L. These results have been posted on our Food Chain Page.

oneyedeer
08-27-2013, 06:06 AM
I caught a couple of football size bluefin from my last overnight trip, and I got a personal radiation detector. When I get home from work I will run a quick sweep and report back. If it's there it should pick up.

driftwood
08-27-2013, 06:07 AM
Just consider the source...These people survive by putting panic in people's mind. : CollapsingIntoConsciousness (http://www.collapsingintoconsciousness.com/at-the-very-least-your-days-of-eating-pacific-ocean-fish-are-over/)

TJones
08-27-2013, 06:24 AM
:(

StinkyMatt
08-27-2013, 06:58 AM
Here is the funny/ scary part about this:

For every intelligent person who read this and quickly came to the conclusion that this is BS.....

There are probably 4 or 5 more impulsive, less savvy readers who will believe this and spread it to everyone they know.

:mad::eek::mad::eek::mad::eek::mad::eek::mad::eek:

P.S.

If anyone has some of that radioactive bluefin tuna, I heard that pan searing it on all sides makes it very safe to eat. Adding a little soy sauce makes it organic!:D

beef78
08-27-2013, 07:06 AM
So, since the radiation along the pacific coast will double within five years, the average fish should contain about half of the contamination that your average banana has... This report doesn't have any real numbers or figures that relate anything that is happening so the average person can understand. Normal doomsday reporting that I expect to happen.

ful-rac
08-27-2013, 07:06 AM
We could only be so lucky...dead and dying sea lions...where? I think Jim has got a pretty f-up finger must be the radiation...we're doomed!

easyday
08-27-2013, 07:18 AM
We could only be so lucky...dead and dying sea lions...where? I think Jim has got a pretty f-up finger must be the radiation...we're doomed!

Haha who could ask for more dead sea lions. And I dont know I frequent the coast as all of us do and I have yet to see an "epidemic" of dead sea lions...too bad though lobster season is coming up.

Ggiannig89
08-27-2013, 07:42 AM

When I read that part about the sea lions I knew immediately this article was BS:icon_bs:

makobob
08-27-2013, 08:24 AM
Glad I am wearing my waders, easier to get rid of the BS. Dead sea lions, wonder if they make good lobster bait?

walrus
08-27-2013, 09:44 AM
<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <o:OfficeDocumentSettings> <o:AllowPNG/> </o:OfficeDocumentSettings> </xml><![endif]-->You can decide for yourself what you want to believe. Soothsayers that claim the world will end have been around since Roman Times. They're right, it will end. But when?

Is this what will do it? Here is another point of view to add to the discussion.

Oceans magazine

What Does the Fukushima Leak Mean for America?

Aug 22, 2013 05:00 AM ET // by Larry O'Hanlon (http://news.discovery.com/contributors/larry-ohanlon)

New revelations about leaks of hundreds of gallons of radioactive water from the tsunami-damaged Fukushima nuclear facility in Japan have stoked fears across the Pacific Ocean. And while there are valid reasons to be concerned, the claim that thousands of people in the United States have already been fatally poisoned by Fukushima radiation in seawater is not one of them. Let's put that conspiracy theory (http://elitedaily.com/news/world/breaking-news-fukushima-radiation-affecting-americans-and-theres-no-way-to-stop-it/) to rest.

“If there were thousands here there would be millions in Japan, and we're not seeing that,” said Ken Buesseler, an oceanographer who specializes in studying natural and man-made radioactivity in the oceans. The current radioactivity levels leaking into the sea are a thousand times lower than they were in 2011, when three of the nuclear reactors melted down, he said.

That's not to say there is no hazard. Intensive monitoring of sea water and fish show a severe radioactive cesium problem near the leaks, and fish from that area are no longer being caught or sold. But dilution causes the radiation levels to drop quickly in the open ocean, Buesseler said. In fact the radiation from Fukushima cesium a few kilometers away is less than that of naturally occurring polonium (210-Po) in seawater.

“We don't want to add to it,” said Buesseler, “but not every atom kills.”
In fact studies on migratory blue fin tuna that cross the Pacific show the fish have detectable amounts of Fukushima radiation. But they don't pose any more danger than a person would get from a single dental x-ray, according to Nicolas Fisher, a researcher at SUNY-Stonybrook who has been studying the radiation in fish.
“We showed that doses in all cases (from blue fin tuna) were dominated by the naturally occurring alpha-emitter 210-Po and that Fukushima-derived doses were three to four orders of magnitude below 210 Po-derived doses,” wrote Fisher and colleagues in a June paper in the Proceedings of the National Academy of Science.
“Doses to marine biota were about two orders of magnitude below the lowest benchmark protection level proposed for ecosystems.... Such doses are comparable to, or less than, the dose all humans routinely obtain from naturally occurring radionuclides in many food items, medical treatments, air travel, or other background sources,” the authors wrote.

On the other hand, the Fukushima radiation problem is far from over and it's changing, Buesseler said. He is watching, in particular, the radionuclide strontium-90, which has a much longer half-life than the radioactive cesium. Strontium has the additional worrisome habit of getting locked up in bones, which allows it to irradiate tissues around it for years, he said. Strontium was not initially a big worry at Fukushima, as cesium was present in much larger amounts. But that could be changing in the Fukushima groundwater, he said.

"If that gets into the food supply and in the fish, then it's a much bigger hazard," said Buesseler. "I do have a concern."

Still, he emphasized, it will be largely a local hazard, not an ocean-wide or even a Japan-wide concern. He and his colleagues will be continuing to monitor the situation independently, including getting more water samples from the ocean near Fukushima to see if the strontium reaches the ocean.
<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:TrackMoves/> <w:TrackFormatting/> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:DoNotPromoteQF/> <w:LidThemeOther>EN-US</w:LidThemeOther> <w:LidThemeAsian>X-NONE</w:LidThemeAsian> <w:LidThemeComplexScript>X-NONE</w:LidThemeComplexScript> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> <w:SplitPgBreakAndParaMark/> <w:EnableOpenTypeKerning/> <w:DontFlipMirrorIndents/> <w:OverrideTableStyleHps/> </w:Compatibility> <m:mathPr> <m:mathFont m:val="Cambria Math"/> <m:brkBin m:val="before"/> <m:brkBinSub m:val="--"/> <m:smallFrac m:val="off"/> <m:dispDef/> <m:lMargin m:val="0"/> <m:rMargin m:val="0"/> <m:defJc m:val="centerGroup"/> <m:wrapIndent m:val="1440"/> <m:intLim m:val="subSup"/> <m:naryLim m:val="undOvr"/> </m:mathPr></w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" DefUnhideWhenUsed="true" DefSemiHidden="true" DefQFormat="false" DefPriority="99" LatentStyleCount="267"> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="0" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Normal"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="heading 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 7"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 8"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 9"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 7"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 8"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 9"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="35" QFormat="true" Name="caption"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="10" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Title"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="1" Name="Default Paragraph Font"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="11" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtitle"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="22" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Strong"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="20" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Emphasis"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="59" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Table Grid"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Placeholder Text"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="1" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="No Spacing"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Revision"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="34" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="List Paragraph"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="29" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Quote"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="30" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Quote"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="19" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtle Emphasis"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="21" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Emphasis"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="31" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtle Reference"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="32" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Reference"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="33" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Book Title"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="37" Name="Bibliography"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" QFormat="true" Name="TOC Heading"/> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin-top:0in; mso-para-margin-right:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:10.0pt; mso-para-margin-left:0in; line-height:115%; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif"; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin;} </style> <![endif]-->

beef78
08-27-2013, 09:51 AM
You can decide for yourself what you want to believe. Soothsayers that claim the world will end have been around since Roman Times. They're right, it will end. But when?

Much better info. See how there's science in it. Nice.

da22y
08-27-2013, 11:05 AM
Should we all wear nuclear protection drysuit , and do catch and release ?
I think I am just gonna do just the same, we all gonna die any way. :)

easyday
08-27-2013, 11:22 AM
Considering I was on one of the first ships there that responded to the tsunami. We were not far away and went on land and were picking up debris and helping clean up. They were worried it was going to blow up but never did. Im going to keep doing what I do. I smoke drink dip and spend way to much time in the sun so ill get cancer sooner later anyway.

beef78
08-27-2013, 01:32 PM
Considering I was on one of the first ships there that responded to the tsunami. We were not far away and went on land and were picking up debris and helping clean up. They were worried it was going to blow up but never did. Im going to keep doing what I do. I smoke drink dip and spend way to much time in the sun so ill get cancer sooner later anyway.

I agree. I am more worried about getting sick from worrying than worrying about getting sick. Did that make sense? I think I confused myself with too much worry in that sentence.

ctfphoto
08-27-2013, 02:14 PM
OEX should start selling geiger counters :D

lowprofile
08-27-2013, 03:37 PM
i stopped at epidemic of starving, sick sea lions in california....

as a former Chem, Bio, Radiological, Nuclear defense specialist who was actually over there when it happened and got to see the reports and levels of contamination and up until the beginning of this year was fluent in everything going on with the case I can tell you its bullshit.

just remember, a 100% increase in radiation levels still does not mean it equals anything near a lethal dose. remember that when the media tries to hype up any epidemic or natural/man made disaster.

beef78
08-27-2013, 04:08 PM
i stopped at epidemic of starving, sick sea lions in california....

as a former Chem, Bio, Radiological, Nuclear defense specialist who was actually over there when it happened and got to see the reports and levels of contamination and up until the beginning of this year was fluent in everything going on with the case I can tell you its bullshit.

just remember, a 100% increase in radiation levels still does not mean it equals anything near a lethal dose. remember that when the media tries to hype up any epidemic or natural/man made disaster.

Agreed!

Dail14
08-27-2013, 05:44 PM
Remember a lethal dose of radiation is somewhere around 200 rads for humans. And many things we eat are radioactive. For example bananas contain radioactive isotopes of potassium and table salt often contains radioactive iodine. Cigarettes contain relatively large amounts of radioactive materials as well. Our bodies are loaded with radioactive carbon isotopes that constantly break down. Thats what is used for carbon dating. One thing people do not consider is what makes these materials so bad for us. Its the fact that they release subatomic particles into our bodies at a large level. However this decomposition happens quickly and these deadly isotopes become far less deadly fairly fast. If what that flow chart says is true in terms of the spread, we would only be having problems if this had been going on for decades. Not months.

beef78
08-27-2013, 06:12 PM
Remember a lethal dose of radiation is somewhere around 200 rads for humans. And many things we eat are radioactive. For example bananas contain radioactive isotopes of potassium and table salt often contains radioactive iodine. Cigarettes contain relatively large amounts of radioactive materials as well. Our bodies are loaded with radioactive carbon isotopes that constantly break down. Thats what is used for carbon dating. One thing people do not consider is what makes these materials so bad for us. Its the fact that they release subatomic particles into our bodies at a large level. However this decomposition happens quickly and these deadly isotopes become far less deadly fairly fast. If what that flow chart says is true in terms of the spread, we would only be having problems if this had been going on for decades. Not months.

It's actually closer to 1000 - 2000 rads for a single dose, which is impossible in the amounts released for japan. What really gets you is when you intake the contamination. Some of the contamination builds up in vital organs. It's the small amounts of radiation from the contamination in your body that, over time, increases your risk for cancer. The big thing to remember is that there is natural radiation in everything, including food. The biggest source of radiation that effects everyone every day is the sun. An airline pilot accumulates more radiation dose in a year than nuclear power plant operator.

oneyedeer
08-28-2013, 09:11 AM
negative on the personal radiation dectector for current Bluefins catch

Dail14
08-28-2013, 03:10 PM
It's actually closer to 1000 - 2000 rads for a single dose, which is impossible in the amounts released for japan.

Woops. you are right. I forgot one zero to my number.

CalicoCody
08-28-2013, 03:38 PM
negative on the personal radiation dectector for current Bluefins catch

:luxhello::luxhello::luxhello:

Cattledog
08-28-2013, 04:45 PM
I hope the crowd that is worried about radiation in our fish is avoiding other more important risks. They should:
- stay out of the sun
- become vegans
- stay away from motorcycles, cigarettes
- maybe stay out of the ocean, sharks and many other risks!
- avoid most prescription medications - read the warning inserts (which are based on scientific findings for the most part)

etc etc

None of us will be around forever - I wonder how naysayers that worry about stuff like this get through their days-

Chris

Old Man in the Sea
08-28-2013, 05:02 PM
There is SOME truth to it unfortunately...the dirty rods on the roof that exploded is a concern and the 2 reactors that started meltdown. The fact it is a "level 3" is a concern...I do not trust Japan or Tepco to tell us the truth about how much is leaking out...I am glad we are in San Diego and not Seattle...I think local caught fish are fine...in So Cal. => no real need now for me to pay to catch and eat Bluefin...besides the the counts were so low I cancelled my last trip...I already take thyroid pills and it is not a big deal...it is one of the few medicines that works as directed...w/ minimal side effects...that part of the story is exaggerated...

Hobie-Pedaller
08-29-2013, 12:36 AM
It's actually closer to 1000 - 2000 rads for a single dose, which is impossible in the amounts released for japan....

yes, those levels are for rapidly killing a person, directly from exposure to radiation.

anyone with any knowledge of radiation & the contamination levels in Japan, would concur we are not at a realistic risk for that.

....What really gets you is when you intake the contamination. Some of the contamination builds up in vital organs. It's the small amounts of radiation from the contamination in your body that, over time, increases your risk for cancer...

yes, risk for cancer, and other internal health issues.

THIS is the potential risk that many all around the Pacific ocean are POSSIBLY subject to.

and MORE radioactive contamination is CONTINUALLY leaking out into Pacific waters EVERY DAY, with no definitive end in sight.

impossible to predict exactly what issues may evolve in future, and it will likely be many years before all is known here, but there is certainly a potential health threat going on here.

There is SOME truth to it unfortunately...the dirty rods on the roof that exploded is a concern and the 2 reactors that started meltdown. The fact it is a "level 3" is a concern...I do not trust Japan or Tepco to tell us the truth about how much is leaking out...I am glad we are in San Diego and not Seattle....

those are my sentiments on this topic as well.

here's more of my thoughts on this, from another thread on this board.....

http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/showthread.php?p=168411#post168411

wiredantz
08-29-2013, 08:32 AM
:confused:

I eat fish myself, but I am very concerned about what my children eat.

As I do not know what the effect of eating to much contaminated fish will have on my children's children down the road.

just my 2 cents

Steve W.
08-29-2013, 08:57 AM
Everyone should stop fishing at La Jolla immediately, it's not safe!!! ;)

beef78
08-29-2013, 01:08 PM
:confused:

I eat fish myself, but I am very concerned about what my children eat.

As I do not know what the effect of eating to much contaminated fish will have on my children's children down the road.

just my 2 cents

It is true that children are more sensitive to radiation.

RockyRaab
08-30-2013, 08:26 AM
I agree that it's bullchips.

I wouldn't eat fish that came from a few miles off the Fukashima beach, but I'd have no qualms about fish from anywhere else.

Dilution alone is enough to reduce released radiation materials to safe levels. The uproar about all Pacific Ocean fish being contaminated is like claiming that a fart on Pike's Peak endangers the air over Omaha.

Hobie-Pedaller
08-30-2013, 09:23 PM
I agree that it's bullchips.

....is like claiming that a fart on Pike's Peak endangers the air over Omaha.

comparing a fart, to 2-1/2 years AND COUNTING, of CONTINUAL leaking radioactive water, flowing out of the reactor site, is both comical & absurd.

the leaking & contamination problem continues, and is not even close to a solution or resolution yet.
likely not even known by anyone yet, what all problems & issues are facing the repair & cleanup process.....

Why Fukushima is worse than you think:

http://globalpublicsquare.blogs.cnn.com/2013/08/30/why-fukushima-is-worse-than-you-think/

RockyRaab
08-31-2013, 05:25 AM
All due respect, but comedy is what I was aiming at. If you like, here's a more apt analogy: The Mississippi River has been dumping cubic miles of sediment into the ocean for thousands of years - and the oceans aren't muddy yet. The bad stuff coming from Fukashima may be a lot more dangerous than mud, but it's comparative trickle as well.

food4less562
08-31-2013, 06:11 AM
I've worked as a marine biologist for the last 10 years. Let me just say everything that gets reported isn't the full truth. You really can't really complain when the hippies are paying your bills. :reel:

Fiskadoro
08-31-2013, 09:51 AM
I hate to say this but 99% of the claims in that article are just absolute bullshit.

I've seen a ton of these bogus articles circulated around the web. Every day I see more. People love good scary stories.

I mean seriously claims like the one they make that radiation is killing pup sea lions in California because there has been a 10% increase in their infant mortality rate are ridiculous. The mortality has risen from 35% to 45% but that is directly associated with baitifish (food) scarcity around certain seal rockeries, and it's common knowledge that seal mothers to abandon their pups in times of food scarcity and current populations are so high there are food shortages around most of the big rookeries.

Originally these stories were mostly usually associated with websites that support a vegan lifestyle. I'd say they are more about trying to get people to not eat fish then any real health concerns here in California.

Fiskadoro
08-31-2013, 10:29 AM
comparing a fart, to 2-1/2 years AND COUNTING, of CONTINUAL leaking radioactive water, flowing out of the reactor site, is both comical & absurd.

They claim that there is 300 to 450 tons a day of waste water leaking into the Pacific. First off that claim is a lie. At one point someone estimated that on a single day when they had containment failure that amount of water might of leaked but that was just one day fairly recently and there's no way that is happening every day.

Think about this a minute. There are 240 gallons in a ton so they're talking roughly 100 thousand gallons. Sounds like a lot, and it is. Know what a acre foot is? It's the amount of water it would take to cover a acre of land a foot deep. Something like 320 thousand gallons. So were talking about a third of that each day, which is the size of a small shallow lake.

OK I'll bite where's all that water supposed to be coming from? 100 thousand gallons a day is million gallons every ten days. 36.5 million gallons a year. Lots' of water. I mean is there like a huge lake there I've not seen? Are they pumping that much water into there through pumps from the Ocean? Someone left a fire hose or two on for several years now? Have you considered how hard it would be to even move that much radioactive water in a single day or for several years?

Let's pretend it's true though.

Have you consider that something like 2/3 of the whole planets water is in the Pacific Ocean.

187,189,915,062,857,142,857 Gallons.

So the ratio of dirty water to clean is something insane like 1 to 1871899150628570

Perhaps someone can figure out how to make that fraction into a percentage, I'm not even going to try, but I can assure you that the amount of contaminated water, to clean water in the Pacific is a very very very small percentage.

Yet people want to tell me that my Halibut is radioactive, and I'm eating radiation from Japan. I find it hard to believe. In fact I would be amazed if a single particle of the radioactive waste ever makes into my body through fish consumption just because the Pacific is so big.

You ever hear of the AN602 hydrogen Bomb the most powerful nuclear weapon ever detonated? Soviets blew it up in the artic ocean during my lifetime. It's power was equivalent to roughly 3000 Hiroshima bombs and it's fireball was something like 10 miles in diameter. It shook the whole planet, it's cloud went right up to space, It was big ugly and scared the hell out of everyone.

People said it was going to poison the whole planet, but you know what? We're still here.

Before that the US alone did 331 above ground tests many of which were in the Pacific at the Bikini atoll. The French did over fifty above ground tests mostly in Pacific at Polynesia. Which do you think puts more radiation into the Pacific, a 100 thermonuclear warheads or 100 thousand gallons of waste water?

You're right comparing a fart, to 2-1/2 years leaking radioactive water, flowing out of the reactor site, is both comical & absurd, but only because the volume of a fart compared to the scale of an average room is much much larger in percentage to the total volume by over a thousand fold.

If you took an eyedropper of that same contaminated water and dropped a single drop into Lake Mead you'd probably be creating a higher concentration of radioactive material in the water then you could get from dropping that 450 tons into the whole of the Pacific.

You see it's simply about scale. You couldn't run enough water through that plant in a hundred years to produce the levels of radiation off the California that's being claimed in that article.

Physical impossibility, is not happening, can't be done. Can't be true.

Fiskadoro
08-31-2013, 11:07 AM
I like this article even better:

(http://nationalreport.net/breaking-fukushima-crisis-escalates-tons-radioactive-waste-released-pacific-causes-ocean-boil/)http://nationalreport.net/breaking-fukushima-crisis-escalates-tons-radioactive-waste-released-pacific-causes-ocean-boil/

"Almost two hours after today’s incident what’s being called the “Fukushima Plume of Death” is rapidly bearing down on Hawaii. It’s estimated once Hawaii is hit California will be hit about 90 minutes after."

Yes indeed a radiation plume that can move from Hawaii to California in just 90 minutes !!!!!!!!

Roughly 2500 miles. That's faster then the speed of sound :D

Hobie-Pedaller
09-01-2013, 12:48 PM
This is worth a read. I don't buy much into sources such as these, but this concerns us all. If anyone has further insight, please share.

http://www.themindunleashed.org/2013/08/at-very-least-your-days-of-eating.html .......

I like this article even better:

(http://nationalreport.net/breaking-fukushima-crisis-escalates-tons-radioactive-waste-released-pacific-causes-ocean-boil/)http://nationalreport.net/breaking-fukushima-crisis-escalates-tons-radioactive-waste-released-pacific-causes-ocean-boil/ .......

anyone with much of an analytical mind at all, can quickly decipher that the BullSh!t presented in these 2 articles above (and the MANY similar others in existence these days) from the numerous "the sky is falling/the world is ending" type websites, is mostly all complete nonsense.

BUT in contrast, when evaluating both numerous prior and especially RECENT articles, from more mainstream sources such as BOTH FOX (Conservative) & CNN (Liberal), like these 2 articles below....

Radiation readings spike at Japan's Fukushima nuclear plant:

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2013/09/01/radiation-readings-spike-at-japan-fukushima-nuclear-plant/

Why Fukushima is worse than you think:

http://globalpublicsquare.blogs.cnn.com/2013/08/30/why-fukushima-is-worse-than-you-think/

and also considering this FACT, which has been reported by MANY prior articles.....

....2-1/2 years AND COUNTING, of CONTINUAL leaking radioactive water, flowing out of the reactor site....

....MORE radioactive contamination is CONTINUALLY leaking out into Pacific waters EVERY DAY, with no definitive end in sight....

(impossible to predict exactly what issues may evolve in future, and it will likely be many years before all is known here, but there is certainly a potential health threat going on here)....

then IMHO - all the people who still try to rant & rave & deny that there is any possible chance, that there is any possible significant health risk factors, for the people of the U.S. Pacific West Coast, must surely be CLOSE relatives of these guys below....

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcReYFiWRMWoq0OCa0ldgLoBsGcVO4qbI 7YAS01OFpA-j5xQQr18

just saying !! ;)

Fiskadoro
09-01-2013, 02:59 PM
BUT in contrast, when evaluating both numerous prior and especially RECENT articles, from more mainstream sources such as BOTH FOX (Conservative) & CNN (Liberal), like these 2 articles below....http://www.foxnews.com/world/2013/09/01/radiation-readings-spike-at-japan-fukushima-nuclear-plant/
and also considering this FACT, which has been reported by MANY prior articles......

What "FACT" or facts.

I already know what those two articles say because I've already read both of them, but let me paraphrase them:

Fox...

Radiation levels in holding tanks of contaminated water at the plant has increased, and they've detected some leaks in the plumbing. The plant suffered meltdown after the massive earthquake, as a result the reactors are broken and have to be cooled with water, that said they are trying contain the waste. There has been some leaching of ground water, and a recent spill 300-ton (300,000-liter, 80,000-gallon) was the worst release of radioactive water since the crisis began. Authorities say they can't fully stop contaminated water leaks right away, water is still leaking in to the sea, but Scientists have said that contamination tends to be carried by a southward current and gets largely diluted as it spreads out into the sea.

That's a pretty simple assessment but I'll point out the obvious.... the FACTS they present are pretty much in line with what I said, and they are not talking about radioactive fish on this side of the Pacific.

CNN (actually a CNN opinion blog)

Toyoshi Fuketa a radiation expert says they've been careless at the plant, he mentions the recent spill, and says contaminated water is still reaching the ocean.

He says the amount of radioactivity released in March 2011 was less then Chernobyl but in the the total amount of stored cooling water Est. 400,000 tons there is in fact 2.5 times the amount of radioactive cesium dispersed in Chernobyl back in 1986.

He overestimates it's size, as 160 Olympic swimming pools would be in truth be 440,000 tons.

He then explains since the radioactive fuel still needs to be cooled constantly they inject about 400 tons of this stored water into the reactors daily. The water is recirculated from storage which he then for some reason increases estimates up in size to "600,000 tons of highly radioactive liquid" in the tanks.

He then says they are cooling the reactors using four kilometer long lines that were improvised after the emergency, that are not standard industry equipment, some of which are vinyl, or more likely PVC.

He then says the recent leak of 300 tons of radioactive water showed a frightening level of amateurism, and that soil around the tanks is contaminated.

He says the tank leak is just the latest in a long list of things are going fundamentally wrong at the site. He also says if the lost containment of their cooling water it would not only release radioactivity it could lead to another meltdown, and said the challenge of fixing these problems is pretty much unprecedented.

Better read, great stuff, I agree with his assessment 100% right down the line.

Between those two articles you can get a pretty good idea of whats going on.

The current amount of radiation that's been released is likely somewhere between a 10% to around 40% of what was released at Chernobyl. That said the cooling water they have been recirculating to cool the damaged reactors is..DUH!!... getting more and more contaminated with radiation all the time. Total loss of containment of that cooling water would not only release up to two and a half times as much as radiation as Chernobyl but it could also lead to another melt down.

The concern is since this cooling setup was improvised after the disaster it's not up to specs and it has been leaking. So authorities are concerned and want more oversight about what's being done and what could be done to eventually get this all under control.

Pretty simple huh!!!

Straight up nothing in either of those articles disagrees with anything I've posted in this thread. There is also absolutely nothing in either of them that suggests there are any potential radiation issues with locally caught game fish here in the United States.

You say this:

IMHO - all the people who still try to rant & rave & deny that there is any possible chance, that there is any possible significant health risk factors, for the people of the U.S. Pacific West Coast, must surely be....

There is no basis for that. Yes there has been a big disaster, but it's not big enough to contaminate the whole Pacific. The Pacific is just too big. You have to weigh the amount of contamination released against the huge size of the Pacific and the numbers do not add up to what you suggest they could.

I mean sorry dude but there is nothing in either of those articles that backs up your rant. I'm not ranting, I'm laughing because this whole thing is so overblown and ridiculous. People that are making these wild contamination claims obviously either have no clue of the basic science, mechanics, or even the amount of water involved. I will admit that it's disappointing the some people believe it but you know people make this stuff intentionally to manipulate others, and people react to fear in often irrational ways.

Speaking of Chernobyl. Know anything about it's cooling setup? I actually know something about it because of the fish. Yes there are still fish in the cooling ponds at Chernobyl. I really like to catch big fish, so I've read up on it and right now the Chernobyl cooling ponds potentially hold some of the largest Wells Catfish in existence (over 500 pounds), due simply to the fact they are closed to fishing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uw0j9hcVtk8

<iframe src="//www.youtube.com/embed/uw0j9hcVtk8" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" width="560"></iframe>

Which brings me back to my whole point. There are people in this country that are intentionally over blowing potential risks to our fish, simply because they have an agenda, and don't want us fishing for them. Our fish are not like those in Chernobyl. Don't buy into this crap. Our fish are fine and when you consider the size of the Pacific and the actual amounts of radiation released in true perspective, barring some huge change that creates a much larger disaster our fish are going to be fine for the foreseeable future.

Jim

RockyRaab
09-01-2013, 04:38 PM
As long as we're characterizing by cartoon, here's the flip side:

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c170/RockyRaab/imagesqtbnANd9GcRqqAe2IGEHSQrGMyvv-_zpsd3f21269.jpg (http://s27.photobucket.com/user/RockyRaab/media/imagesqtbnANd9GcRqqAe2IGEHSQrGMyvv-_zpsd3f21269.jpg.html)

Aaron&Julie
09-01-2013, 09:16 PM
I retract the blasé attitude I responded with earlier.

After reading the newsfeed from my MSN homepage, I'm now quite concerned. Here's the link to the article, and worth reading it all:
<O:p</O:p
http://news.msn.com/world/radiation-readings-spike-at-fukushima-nuclear-plant (http://news.msn.com/world/radiation-readings-spike-at-fukushima-nuclear-plant)<O:p</O:p

How those fricken' idiots used a meter that would only go up to 100 millisieverts per hour on Aug 22, which maxed out, so they reported the reading at 100. Those yahoos finally got a meter that would go much higher, up to 10,000 milisieverts, and yesterday, the actual reading was 18 times (1,800 milisieverts) what was reported 9 days earlier, enough to kill an exposed person in 4 hours. With this report, now I am concerned, and convinced those assholes over there don't know their ass from a hole in the ground. Their ass is the one with their thumb stuck up in it.

Japan has also signaled it might dip into a $3.6 billion emergency reserve fund to help pay for the clean-up of a situation the chief cabinet secretary has described as "deplorable". After 2 years, what the hell are they waiting on? If this isn't an emergency of the highest magnitude, than they're even dumber than I gave them credit for.

The world needs to get involved.

Hobie-Pedaller
09-01-2013, 09:17 PM
I'm not ranting,

OK, if u say so.....

bubblehide
09-01-2013, 09:21 PM
Jim, you can lead a horse to water, but you can't make them think.

Fiskadoro
09-01-2013, 09:49 PM
Not sure that's true, sounds like it might be true, or maybe we should be concerned that in a unique set of circumstances it might appear to be true. :D

Hobie-Pedaller
09-01-2013, 09:52 PM

that statement can definitely go BOTH ways here, including with all those in "denial mode".

i stick with my prior concept on this topic. considering these FACTS below, which have been reported by MANY prior articles:

....2-1/2 years AND COUNTING, of CONTINUAL leaking radioactive water, flowing out of the reactor site....

....MORE radioactive contamination is CONTINUALLY leaking out into Pacific waters EVERY DAY, with no definitive end in sight....

.... no one YET knows for sure (in past years or present time) the EXACT rates of leaking, nor the EXACT contamination level of leaking water, nor the honesty or disclosure level of TEPCO reports, nor the capabilities of TEPCO to resolve problem anytime in foreseeable future....

As of now, it is impossible to predict exactly what issues may evolve in future, and it will likely be many years before all is known here. but there is certainly a POTENTIAL serious health threat going on here.

and thus, IMHO - all the people who still try to DENY that there is any possible chance, that there is any possible significant health risk factors, for the people of the U.S. Pacific West Coast, are merely in "denial" mode here. (sorta like an ostrich with their head in sand, or like a young child shaking their head saying na, na, na, na, na, na, na, when you are trying to talk to them.)

bubblehide
09-01-2013, 10:01 PM
that statement can definitely go BOTH ways here, including with all those in "denial mode".

i stick with my prior concept on this topic. considering these FACTS below, which have been reported by MANY prior articles:

.... no one YET knows for sure (in past years or present time) the EXACT rates of leaking, nor the EXACT contamination level of leaking water, nor the honesty or disclosure level of TEPCO reports, nor the capabilities of TEPCO to resolve problem anytime in foreseeable future....

As of now, it is impossible to predict exactly what issues may evolve in future, and it will likely be many years before all is known here. but there is certainly a POTENTIAL serious health threat going on here.

and thus, IMHO - all the people who still try to DENY that there is any possible chance, that there is any possible significant health risk factors, for the people of the U.S. Pacific West Coast, are merely in "denial" mode here. (sorta like an ostrich with their head in sand, or like a young child shaking their head saying na, na, na, na, na, na, na, when you are trying to talk to them.)

Really, well since you brought it up, just how far down is your head, in the sand that is?

So in other words, your trying to say that the sky really is falling?

The fact here is that no one here has has disagreed with your above listed conclusions. What has been stated (and the facts fully support), is that your conclusion are so highly unlikely that they are utterly ridiculous. The scale/ratio of contaminant is like a meteorite in all of space; in the big picture, it is insignificant, in both a general and scientific terms.

Hobie-Pedaller
09-01-2013, 10:18 PM
.....so in other words, your trying to say that the sky really is falling?

NOT only am I NOT SAYING THAT.
but i specifically said that was nonsense.

you either DIDN'T read prior posts, or can't understand what you read.

anyone with much of an analytical mind at all, can quickly decipher that the BullSh!t presented in these 2 articles above (and the MANY similar others in existence these days) from the numerous "the sky is falling/the world is ending" type websites, is mostly all complete nonsense....

bubblehide
09-01-2013, 10:32 PM
NOT only am I NOT SAYING THAT.
but i specifically said that was nonsense.

you either DIDN'T read prior posts, or can't understand what you read.

Dude, there is a term for the level of understanding of what one reads, it's called reading comprehension. 2 of the people you arguing with have excellent reading comprehension. So what is it that your actually trying to say, other than regressing to slinging insults?

Clearly, claiming that there is a potential significant health risk, is the same as claiming the sky is falling.

ful-rac
09-01-2013, 10:40 PM
Soo....when are the sea lions gonna start dropping dead...?:eek:

bubblehide
09-01-2013, 10:42 PM
Soo....when are the sea lions gonna start dropping dead...?:eek:

Dude, don't you know, the sky is already falling.

Fiskadoro
09-01-2013, 10:45 PM

Funny I wasn't going to bring it up but I'd say ignoring the scale of the pollution in comparison to the scale of the Pacific is absolutely a form of denial.

In fact you're ignoring the most important fact involved. The fact you can't see that may just show how deep your denial goes.

Say I told you that planets have been destroyed by the impact of asteroids, and meteors. Then stated that thousands of celestial bodies like meteors hit the Earth every day. Both are true and factual.

I supposed you could then say we are all in imminent danger. Then when others do not agree with you, claim that anyone who doesn't think so, that people who try to DENY that there is any possible chance, that there is any possible risk factors involving the possibility of a major meteor strike for the people of Earth, are all merely in "denial" mode.

That would ignore a significant issue, the scale of the things involved and the resulting probability of a major celestial catastrophic event in our lifetime.

I don't deny the facts involved with the spill. I just think your conclusions are biased and wrong because you ignore both scale and probability.

Could a particle of that radiation end up in a fish off our coast. Yes it could, but given the scale of the pollution spilled and the scale of the Pacific it's highly improbable, and not likely to happen.

Oh and I tend to find when people start saying things like everyone who doesn't agree with them is in denial, or they are like a young child shaking their head saying na, na, na, na, na, na, na, when you are trying to talk to them. Well I'd say that's someone who does not handle disagreement well, has a closed mind, and feels he has to belittle anyone who doesn't agree with them so they can then completely ignore any possible validity of their arguments.

Fiskadoro
09-01-2013, 10:47 PM
Dude, don't you know, the sky is already falling.

Meteors are FALLING!!!!!! Hundreds EVERY DAY!!!!

bubblehide
09-01-2013, 10:50 PM
Meteors are FALLING!!!!!! Hundreds EVERY DAY!!!!

It's the end of the world as we know it :doh:

dos ballenas
09-02-2013, 06:40 AM
Don't believe everything you read! Especially when it's not published in a peer reviewed scientific journal! :doh:

You guys are classic. Nice to see you are back in the game Hobie Pedaler. :you_rock:

Honestly, this is old news. I have been working directly to assist in the sampling and testing of muscle tissue from hundreds of bluefin tuna over the past few years. Some of the results are very cool, but like stated by many above not a heath concern.

Google: Fukushima, pacific bluefin tuna, migration, stable isotope, radiocesium

Or if you want to get really crazy try Google Scholar:

http://scholar.google.com/schhp?hl=en

Choose your sources wisely!

If you add Daniel Madigan to your google search you will find a few papers that discuss results from actual scientific analysis of muscle tissue from bluefin tuna sampled locally here in San Diego. I am currently working with Dan to continue sampling and analysis.

I can post links to a few recent PUBLISHED papers if there is interest. But like most scientific papers unless you do some background reading a lot of the paper will be hard to understand. That's why scientific results can be misconstrued so easily.

The internet is littered with blogs and news reports written by people who barely understand the subjects they're getting payed to write about.

Which is why it's important to think for yourself.

But the short version is below:

Fukushima Radiation in Migrating Bluefin Tuna Expected to Fall

<cite class="byline"> By Stuart Biggs - May 29, 2012 1:35 AM PT </cite>

Radioactive material found in bluefin tuna that swam or fed in waters off the crippled Fukushima nuclear plant in Japan (http://topics.bloomberg.com/japan/) is likely to decrease over time as the material dilutes in the ocean, scientists said.
A study of 15 Pacific bluefin (http://www.topp.org/) caught off San Diego (http://topics.bloomberg.com/san-diego/) in August last year found levels of radioactive cesium 10 times higher than in fish caught in previous years and provide “unequivocal evidence” that the radiation came from Fukushima, researchers including Daniel Madigan and Nicholas Fisher said in a study published yesterday in the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences (http://topics.bloomberg.com/national-academy-of-sciences/).
Contamination levels, which the authors say are not a danger to public health, are likely to decline even though cesium has ‘biomagnification’ characteristics, meaning the concentration increases from prey fish to predators when cesium is consumed. That would be offset by the bluefin’s metabolism, which should excrete cesium at a rate of about 2 percent per day, Fisher wrote in an e-mail.
“Much will depend on the concentration in the prey fish, which in turn is ultimately dependent on the water concentration,” wrote Fisher, a professor at Stony Brook University in New York (http://topics.bloomberg.com/new-york/), in response to e-mail questions. “If concentrations in water will eventually decline, as we would expect, due to dilution and dispersion, then concentrations in living organisms will eventually decline as well.”

dos ballenas
09-02-2013, 07:02 AM
http://www.pnas.org/content/early/2012/05/22/1204859109

open the Full Text PDF and enjoy

Old Man in the Sea
09-02-2013, 07:34 AM
Everybody got to say what they believe...it will just be political fighting going forward...:ack2:

walkonwater
09-02-2013, 07:38 AM
The truth is that you receive more radiation from the sun while you are fishing than radiation from the fish that you would catch/eat.

Fiskadoro
09-02-2013, 10:47 AM
Don't believe everything you read! Especially when it's not published in a peer reviewed scientific journal! A study of 15 Pacific bluefin (http://www.topp.org/) caught off San Diego (http://topics.bloomberg.com/san-diego/) in August last year found levels of radioactive cesium 10 times higher than in fish caught in previous years and provide “unequivocal evidence” that the radiation came from Fukushima, researchers including Daniel Madigan and Nicholas Fisher said in a study published yesterday in the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences (http://topics.bloomberg.com/national-academy-of-sciences/). Contamination levels, which the authors say are not a danger to public health, are likely to decline even though cesium has ‘biomagnification’ characteristics, meaning the concentration increases from prey fish to predators when cesium is consumed. That would be offset by the bluefin’s metabolism, which should excrete cesium at a rate of about 2 percent per day

So that's why those pup sealions are dying. They are eating too many Bluefin tuna :D

Yeah I figured that Bluefin and even possibly Albacore could end up with some trace contaminants but it's important to note that is because during their migration they fed on bait over there and then migrated here. It's not because the radiation has drifted across the ocean and is now contaminating our waters. I don't know about you but personally I do not catch too many kayak bluefin or albacore. I wish I did :D

The fish kayakers catch locally are clean and as you state even the most tainted Bluefin your likely to catch offshore is still going to be safe to eat.

So speaking of biomagnification how were the mercury levels in those same Bluefin?

Thanks for the post, and clarification!!!!

bubblehide
09-02-2013, 11:04 AM
certainly debateable. based on prior quotes/posts in this thread, and especially considering your next statement....

Bla bla bla. Clearly when slinging insults is the best you can do, then you stick to it :you_rock:

But hey, I bet there are lots of people willing to take your so called contaminated fish off your hands. So no need for you to release them, and possibly magnify the possible contamination :cheers1:

Tight lines!

Hobie-Pedaller
09-02-2013, 11:22 AM
....2 of the people you arguing with have excellent reading comprehension....

certainly debateable. based on prior quotes/posts in this thread, and especially considering your next statement....

Clearly, claiming that there is a potential significant health risk, is the same as claiming the sky is falling.

NO, these are NOT even close to the SAME.

the sky is falling basically means "the entire world is coming to an end", or all of life & civilization is doomed or finished. (go use any search engine out there & research, if you are in denial on this.)

while there are MANY potential significant health risks occurring daily all over the planet, from numerous causes. but NONE of these are going to end the world.

makobob
09-02-2013, 11:24 AM
So, is this just the start of the end?

Fiskadoro
09-02-2013, 11:25 AM
certainly debateable.....

Everything is debatable to the uninformed.

Gary is a psychologist, well read, with superior reading comprehension but he also has that rare ability to read between the lines and catch subtleties, the things others miss. That goes for everything from subtle jokes to subtle neurosis.

He's one of the few people I really enjoy fishing with. Great guy, hell of a hunter, and damn good fisherman. :cheers1:

bubblehide
09-02-2013, 11:32 AM
the sky is falling basically means "the entire world is coming to an end", or all of life & civilization is doomed or finished. (go use any search engine out there & research, if you are in denial on this.)

No dude, it's not even close to the same thing. Obviously your in denial again. When someone here is saying the sky is falling, there actually making fun of ridicules outlandish unsubstantiated claims. Those same claims you pushed, but are now backing away from.

Hobie-Pedaller
09-02-2013, 11:54 AM
....Those same claims you pushed, but are now backing away from.

where & when in this entire thread, am i backing away from anything i previously posted ???

again, your reading comprehension seems EXTREMELY suspect to me.

(and before you make another grand analysis about me "slinging insults", that's not meant as an insult. it's merely what i'm personally seeing/reading throughout this thread here.)

Aaron&Julie
09-02-2013, 11:58 AM
There seems to be a lot of heated debate going on between a few members with differing opinions and articles they've included in their posts, both during and since my last post on Saturday night. Here it is again for those that missed it:
http://news.msn.com/world/radiation-readings-spike-at-fukushima-nuclear-plant (http://news.msn.com/world/radiation-readings-spike-at-fukushima-nuclear-plant)<O:p</O:p

Has anyone bothered reading this MSN newsfeed article about actual facts, vice your own opinions. The link is included in my last post, as well, and goes into great detail, about what Japan isn't doing to fix their, and now potentially the world's problem with this nuclear crisis. To me, that seems to be far more important than your own opinions. The article woke me up, that one way or the other, some serious detrimental shit is going on over in Japan, which is why I retracted my previous blasé attitude.

Now, if ya all will stop bitchen' at each other for a while, and give the article a good read, you may, like I did, change your own mind (to some degree) about the impact we may or may not be facing, over here.

Obviously, I surely wouldn't want to be living within a few hundred miles of that Nuclear power plant, right now, or even in the future.

bubblehide
09-02-2013, 11:58 AM
where & when in this entire thread, am i backing away from anything i previously posted ???

You have really forgotten already? Do you really want me to go through the thread and post them all up; For everyone to see?

Hobie-Pedaller
09-02-2013, 12:31 PM

No dude, it's not even close to the same thing....

well, just like i do here, MANY sources in the world, would disagree with your post above.

if u want to check some of these MANY sources, use any search engine you want, for this term: "what is the meaning of the sky is falling".

the far MAJORITY of sources coming up in that search, will state something very similar to:

"it means that it is the end of the world".

but i guess we should all just believe what YOU say, that you are correct on this, and everyone else from ALL those sources are wrong.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You have really forgotten already? Do you really want me to go through the thread and post them all up; For everyone to see?

please do !!

i can't wait to see what you come up with here.

i suspect it will be FAR more entertaining (& inaccurate), than is your "personal definition" of the term, the sky is falling.

ful-rac
09-02-2013, 12:32 PM
Ok seems like the only way to settle this matter at this point is to fight it out to the death....

where and when can I watch!:luxhello:

my money is on hobie peddler though...!

You guys are too much! gett'n all heated over nothing!!!:D
Just go fish'n already! If we all end up dying from radiation poisoning...so be it, there's nothing we can do about it at this point anyway...it's too late, the reactor already melted down...the radiation has already been released...the train has left the station...elvis has left the building... No sense in fighting about it now...but it's entertaining....

Carry on! :cheers1:

Fiskadoro
09-02-2013, 01:13 PM
"what is the meaning of the sky is falling".
the far MAJORITY of sources coming up in that search, will state something very similar to: "it means that it is the end of the world". but i guess we should all just believe what YOU say, that you are correct on this, and everyone else from ALL those sources are wrong.

Oh my!!!!

In Chicken Little ( a story that dates back over 2000 years) there is a hen who thinks the world is about to end, and a phrase that translates roughly into "The Sky is falling" is in that story. However for hundreds of years now in the English language "The Sky is falling" has become a phrase that people use to make fun of irrational or hysterical beliefs about possible dangers.

...added later.

Wiki:

Chicken Little, is a folk tale (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Folklore) with a moral in the form of a cumulative tale (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cumulative_tale) about a chicken (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chicken) who believes the world is coming to an end. The phrase "The sky is falling!" features prominently in the story, and has passed into the English language as a common idiom indicating a hysterical (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hysteria) or mistaken belief that disaster is imminent. Versions of the story go back more than 25 centuries and it continues to be referenced in a variety of media.

("idiom" what a great descriptive word, wish I had thought of that)

Traditional:
Chicken Little likes to walk in the woods. She likes to look at the trees. She likes to smell the flowers. She likes to listen to the birds singing.
One day while she is walking an acorn falls from a tree, and hits the top of her little head.
My, oh, my, the sky is falling. I must run and tell the lion about it, - says Chicken Little and begins to run.

(old but still good)

1940s
Chicken Little (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0334035/?ref_=tt_trv_qu): Listen to me, everybody! I'm your new leader! I'm gonna save your lives! I'm gonna tell you what to do!
Cocky Locky (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0334035/?ref_=tt_trv_qu): Don't listen to that pipsqueak. The sky isn't falling.
Chicken Little (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0334035/?ref_=tt_trv_qu): I tell ya it is too falling!
Cocky Locky (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0334035/?ref_=tt_trv_qu): And I tell you it isn't.
Chicken Little (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0334035/?ref_=tt_trv_qu): Is too!
Cocky Locky (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0334035/?ref_=tt_trv_qu): All right, if the sky is falling why doesn't it hit me in the head?
[Foxy Loxy hits Cocky Locky with a piece of wood]
Narrator (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0334035/?ref_=tt_trv_qu): Hey, wait a minute! This isn't right. That's not the way it ends in my book.
Foxy Loxy (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0334035/?ref_=tt_trv_qu): Oh, yeah? Don't believe everything you read, brother!

(Don't believe everything you read..... indeed!!)

2003:
Rumsfeld: Let me say one other thing. The images you are seeing on television you are seeing over, and over, and over, and it's the same picture of some person walking out of some building with a vase, and you see it 20 times, and you think, "My goodness, were there that many vases?" (Laughter.)

Q: Do you think that the words "anarchy" and "lawlessness" are ill-chosen?

Rumsfeld: Absolutely. I picked up a newspaper today and I couldn't believe it. I read eight headlines that talked about chaos, violence, unrest. And it just was Henny Penny -- "The sky is falling." I've never seen anything like it! And here is a country that's being liberated, here are people who are going from being repressed and held under the thumb of a vicious dictator, and they're free. And all this newspaper could do, with eight or 10 headlines, they showed a man bleeding, a civilian, who they claimed we had shot -- one thing after another. It's just unbelievable how people can take that away from what is happening in that country!

(I wouldn't say Rumsfeld is talking about the end of the world there. He's instead stated (with condescension) that reporters were being hysterical, or mistaken, when they talked about the then potential problems in Iraq. They questioned whether a disastrous breakdown of social order was imminent, as displayed by rioting and looting, and Rumsfeld in response confidently made fun of what he saw as their irrational beliefs)

jorluivil
09-02-2013, 04:09 PM
I have proof that the radiation is having a negative effect on local fishing.

CR Yaker
09-02-2013, 05:27 PM
Is there any way to use that radiation to our benefit, if we could collect it, harness it, run our FF's off it? :luxhello:

bubblehide
09-02-2013, 07:10 PM
Is there any way to use that radiation to our benefit, if we could collect it, harness it, run our FF's off it? :luxhello:

Yes there is, but you would need a sky hook.

bubblehide
09-02-2013, 07:14 PM
Oh my!!!!

In Chicken Little ( a story that dates back over 2000 years) there is a hen who thinks the world is about to end, and a phrase that translates roughly into "The Sky is falling" is in that story. However for hundreds of years now in the English language "The Sky is falling" has become a phrase that people use to make fun of irrational or hysterical beliefs about possible dangers.

...added later.

Wiki:

Chicken Little, is a folk tale (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Folklore) with a moral in the form of a cumulative tale (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cumulative_tale) about a chicken (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chicken) who believes the world is coming to an end. The phrase "The sky is falling!" features prominently in the story, and has passed into the English language as a common idiom indicating a hysterical (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hysteria) or mistaken belief that disaster is imminent. Versions of the story go back more than 25 centuries and it continues to be referenced in a variety of media.

("idiom" what a great descriptive word, wish I had thought of that)

Traditional:
Chicken Little likes to walk in the woods. She likes to look at the trees. She likes to smell the flowers. She likes to listen to the birds singing.
One day while she is walking an acorn falls from a tree, and hits the top of her little head.
My, oh, my, the sky is falling. I must run and tell the lion about it, - says Chicken Little and begins to run.

(old but still good)

1940s
Chicken Little (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0334035/?ref_=tt_trv_qu): Listen to me, everybody! I'm your new leader! I'm gonna save your lives! I'm gonna tell you what to do!
Cocky Locky (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0334035/?ref_=tt_trv_qu): Don't listen to that pipsqueak. The sky isn't falling.
Chicken Little (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0334035/?ref_=tt_trv_qu): I tell ya it is too falling!
Cocky Locky (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0334035/?ref_=tt_trv_qu): And I tell you it isn't.
Chicken Little (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0334035/?ref_=tt_trv_qu): Is too!
Cocky Locky (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0334035/?ref_=tt_trv_qu): All right, if the sky is falling why doesn't it hit me in the head?
[Foxy Loxy hits Cocky Locky with a piece of wood]
Narrator (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0334035/?ref_=tt_trv_qu): Hey, wait a minute! This isn't right. That's not the way it ends in my book.
Foxy Loxy (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0334035/?ref_=tt_trv_qu): Oh, yeah? Don't believe everything you read, brother!

(Don't believe everything you read..... indeed!!)

2003:
Rumsfeld: Let me say one other thing. The images you are seeing on television you are seeing over, and over, and over, and it's the same picture of some person walking out of some building with a vase, and you see it 20 times, and you think, "My goodness, were there that many vases?" (Laughter.)

Q: Do you think that the words "anarchy" and "lawlessness" are ill-chosen?

Rumsfeld: Absolutely. I picked up a newspaper today and I couldn't believe it. I read eight headlines that talked about chaos, violence, unrest. And it just was Henny Penny -- "The sky is falling." I've never seen anything like it! And here is a country that's being liberated, here are people who are going from being repressed and held under the thumb of a vicious dictator, and they're free. And all this newspaper could do, with eight or 10 headlines, they showed a man bleeding, a civilian, who they claimed we had shot -- one thing after another. It's just unbelievable how people can take that away from what is happening in that country!

(I wouldn't say Rumsfeld is talking about the end of the world there. He's instead stated (with condescension) that reporters were being hysterical, or mistaken, when they talked about the then potential problems in Iraq. They questioned whether a disastrous breakdown of social order was imminent, as displayed by rioting and looting, and Rumsfeld in response confidently made fun of what he saw as their irrational beliefs)

Jim, now your just showing off your superior grasp of what you read. We've both wasted enough time here, it's time to :reeling:

Roundeye
09-02-2013, 08:09 PM
Jim, now your just showing off your superior grasp of what you read. We've both wasted enough time here, it's time to :reeling:

Now lets all hold hands and sing a song

StinkyMatt
09-02-2013, 08:20 PM
I did some research....

I found that increased levels of radiation will cause:

1. Grown men to behave like junior high girls.

2. Internet posts to be way, way too long.

3. Erectile dysfunction.

Quit eating the crappy fish!:D

Fiskadoro
09-02-2013, 09:08 PM
I have proof that the radiation is having a negative effect on local fishing.

Stay out of Malibu!!!

Jim, now your just showing off...

Yep I always quote Chicken Little when I want to impress people.

Now lets all hold hands and sing a song

This is why I stay out of Malibu.

I found that increased levels of radiation will cause... Erectile dysfunction.

Voice of experience? I eat plenty of tuna, and have had no issues whatsoever. Maybe it's a quality not a quantity issue. :D

easyday
09-02-2013, 09:31 PM

Yea screw those lithium ion batteries....now a mini niclear reactor for the yak yes please

dos ballenas
09-03-2013, 08:56 AM
There seems to be a lot of heated debate going on between a few members with differing opinions and articles they've included in their posts, both during and since my last post on Saturday night. Here it is again for those that missed it:

Has anyone bothered reading this MSN newsfeed article about actual facts, vice your own opinions. The link is included in my last post, as well, and goes into great detail, about what Japan isn't doing to fix their, and now potentially the world's problem with this nuclear crisis. To me, that seems to be far more important than your own opinions. The article woke me up, that one way or the other, some serious detrimental shit is going on over in Japan, which is why I retracted my previous blasé attitude.

Now, if ya all will stop bitchen' at each other for a while, and give the article a good read, you may, like I did, change your own mind (to some degree) about the impact we may or may not be facing, over here.

Obviously, I surely wouldn't want to be living within a few hundred miles of that Nuclear power plant, right now, or even in the future.

Your source is pretty weak Aaron: If you're concerned with facts try my suggestions in my post on page 3...... "google scholar"

If you want the truth start reading the PUBLISHED papers in peer reviewed scientific journals, and then formulate your opinion.

There is a lot of work currently under way testing ACTUAL muscle from ACTUAL fish. And the results are all conclusive that it is safe to eat both albacore and bluefin tuna. This could change, but it's doubtful my friend.

Link below shows results from an ACTUAL researcher who works directly with the muscle and data:

http://www.triplicate.com/News/Local-News/Tuna-safe-despite-Japan-radiation-leak-researchers-say

makobob
09-03-2013, 09:13 AM
Your source is pretty weak Aaron: If you're concerned with facts try my suggestions in my post on page 3...... "google scholar"

If you want the truth start reading the PUBLISHED papers in peer reviewed scientific journals, and then formulate your opinion.

There is a lot of work currently under way testing ACTUAL muscle from ACTUAL fish. And the results are all conclusive that it is safe to eat both albacore and bluefin tuna. This could change, but it's doubtful my friend.

Link below shows results from an ACTUAL researcher who works directly with the muscle and data:

http://www.triplicate.com/News/Local-News/Tuna-safe-despite-Japan-radiation-leak-researchers-say

This does help put it in perspective, AND the tuna we catch ARE still being bought as fast as we catch them by Japan, guess THEY think it's safe to eat tuna?

jorluivil
09-03-2013, 09:56 AM
Yesterday, there was a weird guy at the landing giving Roby and I cr*p about the pacific fish and about how they're infested with radiation, if I see him again I'll ask him to join BWE and chime in on this thread.

I'm a little more concerned that zombies that are going to take over the world and the fact that I'm a member of the Halibut 20lb and 40lb club but not the 30lb club ........woe is me:(

There were schools of bait all over the place yesterday, walls of squid from 120' up to 60', huge schools of dolphins, seals trying to get my fish and 40lb halibut being caught, birds diving and more than anythng lots of water movement.

Give this cr*p a rest and get out there and fish, you guys are wasting time arguing about something that you have no control over. Get out and catch the fish before they grow legs and start walking on land. When they do you guys can sell your rods and reels and kayaks for a bow and arrow and join the Stinkymatt Zombie Fish Killers Club.

tight lines!!!!

makobob
09-03-2013, 12:02 PM
2x, what he said. Tight lines and bloody gaffs.

Hunters Pa
09-03-2013, 12:20 PM
I just figure when my nuts are glowing I will be more visible on the water at night

Old Man in the Sea
09-03-2013, 03:35 PM
Ok kinda like the Chicken little story - but I was able to get an REAL interview with one of the original Tepco Nuclear Scientist's to explain the long term impact of the Fukushima meltdown after the earthquake and tidal wave damage....:paddleersmilie: it starts off in Japanese > be patient wait until the 4:37 of the video when they go inside the Nuclear reactor
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CH1XGdu-hzQ

jorluivil
09-03-2013, 03:50 PM
Ok kinda like the Chicken little story - but I was able to get an REAL interview with one of the original Tepco Nuclear Scientist's to explain the long term impact of the Fukushima meltdown after the earthquake and tidal wave damage....:paddleersmilie: it starts off in Japanese > be patient wait until the 4:37 of the video when they go inside the Nuclear reactor
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CH1XGdu-hzQ

WOW!!!

roby
09-03-2013, 04:10 PM
Give this cr*p a rest and get out there and fish, you guys are wasting time arguing about something that you have no control over. Get out and catch the fish before they grow legs and start walking on land. When they do you guys can sell your rods and reels and kayaks for a bow and arrow and join the Stinkymatt Zombie Fish Killers Club.

tight lines!!!!

When this happens I will be ready....

I will kayakfish on land - without a kayak.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JIxZxDG2M_M

lobstersoup
09-03-2013, 04:26 PM
I got my bow ready.

makobob
09-03-2013, 05:14 PM
I call BS

He wore a helmet!

Hobie-Pedaller
09-03-2013, 07:34 PM
....Those same claims you pushed, but are now backing away from.

please do !!

i can't wait to see what you come up with here.

i suspect it will be FAR more entertaining.....

THAT IS ALL YOU GOT HERE. - LOLOL :D
i knew your reply on this, no matter what it was, would be extremely comical.

YOU are the one that popped off posting this comment:
"Do you really want me to go through the thread and post them all up; For everyone to see?"

BUT THEN, when directly called out on it.... you realize it's time for you to go fishing. - LOLOL :D

likely the best (& only) decision you could have made here.

jorluivil
09-03-2013, 07:47 PM
No offense to the poster, the repliers and the viewers but I hope this thread not only gets closed but that it gets deleted.

it went from informative, to LOL to OMG to STFU already

kluts
11-20-2013, 03:54 PM
All this hoopla made me wonder whats really goin on.So I went to all the other world news agencies.[Because any american news is shut out for some reason]The Japanese dont know what to do with three reactors that melted down. So water it down has been the answer,with hundreds of tons of contaminated water secretly going directly into the ocean everyday since 2011. I am now watching it closely,and quite worried.This is the worst accident to ever hit the planet.With the northern hemisphere ocean currents moving clockwise,The predictions were that the majority of iodine cesium and tritium injested by the foodchain,should reach the west coast by 2014.Then we can check and see just how bad it is for the west coast.They are really screwed,with no way to fix the damaged three reactors and the contamination is going to go on for decades.Any further mishaps with the 1500 spent fuel rod removal from reactor no.4 will be the biggest radiation fire the planet has ever seen.A nuclear bomb puts out nowhere near the contaminates of a "dirty"fuel fire. Me?Im watching closely

ronbo613
11-20-2013, 04:02 PM
http://www.pnas.org/content/early/2013/05/30/1221834110.full.pdf

danjor
11-20-2013, 05:58 PM
When this happens I will be ready....

I will kayakfish on land - without a kayak.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JIxZxDG2M_M

Hahaha

wiredantz
11-21-2013, 06:59 AM
I just figure when my nuts are glowing I will be more visible on the water at night

funny

On a serious note: should we be surprised that the society we live in is reactive instead of proactive.

Intellectuals solve problems, geniuses prevent them.

Kelp is contaminated already!!!

http://www.oregonlive.com/environment/index.ssf/2013/11/fukushima_radiation_fears_for.html

November 19, 2013

Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on google More Sharing Services 188

http://www.counterpunch.org/2013/11/19/fukushima-fallout-damaged-the-thyroids-of-california-babies/
A Global Threat

Fukushima Fallout Damaged the Thyroids of California Babies

by CHRIS BUSBY

A new study of the effects of tiny quantities of radioactive fallout from Fukushima on the health of babies born in California shows a significant excess of hypothyroidism caused by the radioactive contamination travelling 5,000 miles across the Pacific. The article will be published next week in the peer-reviewed journal Open Journal of Pediatrics.

Congenital hypothyroidism is a rare but serious condition normally affecting about one child in 2,000, and one that demands clinical intervention – the growth of children suffering from the condition is affected if they are left untreated. All babies born in California are monitored at birth for Thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH) levels in blood, since high levels indicate hypothyroidism.

Joe Mangano and Janette Sherman of the Radiation and Public Health Project in New York, and Christopher Busby, guest researcher at Jacobs University, Bremen, examined congenital hypothyroidism (CH) rates in newborns using data obtained from the State of California over the period of the Fukushima explosions.

Their results are published in their paper Changes in confirmed plus borderline cases of congenital hypothyroidism in California as a function of environmental fallout from the Fukushima nuclear meltdown. The researchers compared data for babies exposed to radioactive Iodine-131 and born between March 17th and Dec 31st 2011 with unexposed babies born in 2011 before the exposures plus those born in 2012.

Confirmed cases of hypothyroidism, defined as those with TSH level greater than 29 units increased by 21% in the group of babies that were exposed to excess radioactive Iodine in the womb . The same group of children had a 27% increase in ‘borderline cases’ [**].

Contrary to many reports, the explosion of the reactors and spent fuel pools at Fukushima produced levels of radioactive contamination which were comparable with the Chernobyl releases in 1986. Using estimates made by the Norwegian Air Laboratory it is possible to estimate that more than 250PBq (200 x 1015) Bq of Iodine-131 (half life 8 days) were released at Fukushima.

This is also predicted by comparing the Caesium-137 estimates with I-131 releases from Chernobyl, quantities which caused the thyroid cancer epidemic in Byelarus, the Ukraine and parts of the Russian Republic.

More on this later. At Fukushima, the winds generally blew the radioactive iodine and other volatile radionuclides out to sea, to the Pacific Ocean. The journey 5,000 miles to the West Coast of the USA leaves a lot of time for dispersal and dilution. Nevertheless, small amounts of I-131 were measured in milk causing widespread concern.

The authorities downplayed any risk on the basis that the “doses” were very low; far lower than the natural background radiation. The University of Berkeley measured I-131 in rainwater from 18th to 28th March 2011 after which levels fell. If we assume that mothers drank 1 litre of rainwater a day for this period (of course they didn’t) the current radiation risk model of the International Commission on Radiological Protection (ICRP) calculates an absorbed dose to the adult thyroid of 23 microSieverts, less than 1/100th the annual background “dose”. The foetus is more sensitive (by a factor of about 10 according to ICRP) but is exposed to less as it is perhaps 100 times smaller.

So this finding is one more instance of the fact that the current radiation risk model, employed by the governments of every nation, is massively insecure for predicting harm from internal radionuclide exposures or explaining the clear observations.

The Fukushima catastrophe has been dismissed as a potential cause of health effects even in Japan, let alone as far away as California. And on what basis? Because the “dose” is too low.

This is the mantra chanted by the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA), the World Health Organization (WHO, largely the same outfit), and the United Nations Scientific Committee on the Effects of Atomic Radiation (UNSCEAR). And let’s not forget all the nuclear scientists who swooped down on Fukushima with their International Conferences and placatory soothing presentations.

This chant was heard after Chernobyl, after the nuclear site child leukemias; in the nuclear atmospheric test veterans cases; and in all the other clear situations which in any unbiased scientific arena would long ago have blown away the belief that low level internal exposures are safe.

But this one-size-fits-all concept of “dose” is the nuclear industry’s sinking ship. It provides essential cover for the use of uranium weapons, whether fission bombs or depleted uranium munitions; for the development of nuclear power stations like Hinkley Point; the burying of radioactive waste in landfills in middle England; releases of plutonium to the Irish Sea from Sellafield (where it drifts ashore and causes increases in cancer on the coasts of Wales and Ireland); and most recently, for the British Governments denial of excess cancers among nuclear test veterans.

This new study is not the first to draw attention to the sensitivity of the unborn baby to internal fission products. In 2009 I used data supplied to me when I was a member of the UK government Committee Examining Radiation Risks from Internal Emitters (CERRIE) to carry out a meta-analysis of infant leukemia rates in five countries in Europe: England and Wales, Germany, Greece, and Byelarus.

There had been an unexpected and statistically significant increase in infant leukemia (age 0-1) in those children who were in the womb during the (whole body monitored) increased levels of Caesium-137 from Chernobyl. The beauty of this study (like the TSH study) is that, unlike the Sellafield child leukemias, there is really no possible alternative explanation.

It was the low “dose” of Caesium-137 that caused the leukemias. And the dose response trend was not a straight line: The effect at the very low “dose” was greater than at the very high “dose”. Presumably because at the high doses the babies perished in the womb and could not, therefore, develop leukemia. I published the results and drew attention to the failure of the ICRP model in the International Journal of Environment and Public Health in 2009.

I had published a paper on this infant leukemia proof of the failure of the risk model inEnergy and Environment in 2000, and also presented it in the same year at the World Health Organisation conference in Kiev. It was there that I first really came up against the inversion of science deployed by the chiefs of the IAEA and UNSCEAR. The conference was videofilmed by Wladimir Tchertkoff and you can see his excellent documentary, which made it to Swiss TV, Atomic Lies, re-released in 2004 as Nuclear Controversies (link to youtube, 51 minutes).

For what is done by these people is to dismiss any evidence of increased rates of cancer or any other disease by shouting at it: “the doses were too low”. In this way, reality is airbrushed away. What is this quantity “dose”? It is a simple physics-based quantity which represents the absorption of energy from radiation. One Sievert of gamma radiation is one Joule per kilogram of living tissue.

This might work for external radiation. But it doesn’t work for internal exposures to radioactive elements which can produce huge effects on cellular DNA at low average “doses”. It is like comparing warming yourself in front of the fire with eating a hot coal. Or comparing a punch to stabbing. Same dose, same energy. Very different effects.

This “dose” scam has been used to dismiss real effects since it was invented in 1952 to deal with the exposures from nuclear weapons development and testing. For those who want to dig deeper into the science there is a recent book chapter I wrote in the book New Research Directions in DNS Repair.

The most scary instances of the sensitivity of the foetus to radiation are the sex ratio studies of Hagen Scherb, a German biostatician and member of the European Committee on Radiation Risk (ECRR). With his colleague Christina Voigt he has published a series of papers showing a sudden change in the sex ratio of newborns after various radiation exposure incidents.

Sex ratio, the number of boys born to 1,000 girls is a well accepted indicator of genetic damage and perturbations in the normal ratio of 1,050 (boys to 100 girls) are due to the deaths before birth of radiation damaged individuals of one sex or the other depending on whether the father (sperm) or mother (egg) was most exposed.

We found such an effect (more girls) in our study of Fallujah, Iraq, where there was exposure to Uranium weapons. But Scherb and Voigt have looked at the major catastrophes, Chernobyl, the weapons tests fallout, near nuclear sites in data from many countries of the world. Huge datasets.

They estimate that millions have babies have been killed by these subtle internal radiation exposures. The nuclear military project is responsible for an awful lot of deaths. In years to come I believe this will eventually be seen as the greatest public health scandal in human history.

Of course, the exposure to radio-Iodine is associated with thyroid cancer in children. There was a big rise of thyroid cancer in Byelarus, the Ukraine and the Russian Republic after Chernobyl. The situation at Fukushima seems set to echo this, despite the reassurances from the authorities that there will be no effects.

Our paper reports 44 confirmed thyroid cancer cases in 0-18 year olds in Fukushima prefecture in the last six months (a figure that has since risen to 53). In the hypothyroidism paper we discuss the 44 cases relative to the population and calculate that this represents an 80-fold excess based on national data prior to the Fukushima Iodine releases.

This presents a severe challenge to Dr Wolfgang Weiss of the UN and WHO, who stated last year that no thyroid cancers could result from the Fukushima disaster as the “doses were too low”. How does he explain the 80-fold increase in this normally rare condition?

Or rather, when will he admit that the entire scientific model that underpins his views is fraudulent? And that nuclear radiation is – roughly speaking – 1,000 times more dangerous to human health than he is letting on?

28 facts Fushima put west coast in danger

28 facts that prove Fukushima's nuclear disaster has put the West Coast in danger

http://www.dose.ca/2013/11/04/28-facts-prove-fukushimas-nuclear-disaster-has-put-west-coast-danger

Dose.caWeb stuff
November 4, 2013 - 14:02 PM

New reports are showing that the infamous Fukushima Daiichi nuclear disaster that happened on March 11, 2011 has been more harmful than anyone could have ever predicted. Why? Because it turns out that radiation levels are constantly getting worse, especially on the West Coast, as 300 tons of radioactive water enter the Pacific Ocean every day.

According to activistpost.com, these are the 28 major signs that "the west coast of North America is being absolutely fried with nuclear radiation from Fukushima." Yikes!

1. Polar bears, seals and walruses along the Alaska coastline are suffering from fur loss and open sores.

2. There is an epidemic of sea lion deaths along the California coastline.

3. Along the Pacific coast of Canada and the Alaska coastline, the population of sockeye salmon is at a historic low. Many are blaming Fukushima.

4. Something is causing fish all along the west coast of Canada to bleed from their gills, bellies and eyeballs.

5. A vast field of radioactive debris from Fukushima that is approximately the size of California has crossed the Pacific Ocean and is starting to collide with the west coast.

6. It is being projected that the radioactivity of coastal waters off the U.S. west coast could doubleover the next five to six years.

7. Experts have found very high levels of cesium-137 in plankton living in the waters of the Pacific Ocean between Hawaii and the west coast.

8. One test in California found that 15 out of 15 bluefin tuna were contaminated with radiation from Fukushima.

9. Back in 2012, the Vancouver Sun reported that cesium-137 was being found in a very high percentage of the fish that Japan was selling to Canada.

10. Canadian authorities are finding extremely high levels of nuclear radiation in certain fish samples.

11. Some experts believe that we could see very high levels of cancer along the west coast just from people eating contaminated fish.

12. BBC News recently reported that radiation levels around Fukushima are “18 times higher” than previously believed.

13. An EU-funded study concluded that Fukushima released up to 210 quadrillion becquerels of cesium-137 into the atmosphere.

14. Atmospheric radiation from Fukushima reached the west coast of the United States within a few days back in 2011.

15. At this point, 300 tons of contaminated water is pouring into the Pacific Ocean from Fukushima every single day.

16. A senior researcher of marine chemistry at the Japan Meteorological Agency’s Meteorological Research Institute says that “30 billion becquerels of radioactive cesium and 30 billion becquerels of radioactive strontium” are being released into the Pacific Ocean from Fukushima every single day.

17. According to Tepco, a total of somewhere between 20 trillion and 40 trillion becquerels of radioactive tritium have gotten into the Pacific Ocean since the Fukushima disaster first began.

18. According to a professor at Tokyo University, 3 gigabecquerels of cesium-137 are flowing into the port at Fukushima Daiichi every single day.

19. It has been estimated that up to 100 times as much nuclear radiation has been released into the ocean from Fukushima than was released during the entire Chernobyl disaster.

20. One recent study concluded that a very large plume of cesium-137 from the Fukushima disaster will start flowing into U.S. coastal waters early next year.

21. It is being projected that significant levels of cesium-137 will reach every corner of the Pacific Ocean by the year 2020.

22. It is being projected that the entire Pacific Ocean will soon “have cesium levels 5 to 10 times higher” than what we witnessed during the era of heavy atomic bomb testing in the Pacific many decades ago.

23. The immense amounts of nuclear radiation getting into the water in the Pacific Ocean has caused environmental activist Joe Martino to issue the following warning: Your days of eating Pacific Ocean fish are over.

24. The Iodine-131, Cesium-137 and Strontium-90 that are constantly coming from Fukushima are going to affect the health of those living the the northern hemisphere for a very, very long time.

25. According to a recent Planet Infowars report, the California coastline is being transformed into “a dead zone”.

26. A study conducted last year came to the conclusion that radiation from the Fukushima nuclear disaster could negatively affect human life along the west coast of North America from Mexico to Alaska “for decades”.

27. According to the Wall Street Journal, it is being projected that the cleanup of Fukushima could take up to 40 years to complete.

28. Yale Professor Charles Perrow is warning that if the cleanup of Fukushima is not handled with 100% precision that humanity could be threatened "for thousands of years".

http://www.dose.ca/2013/11/19/fukushima-beyond-urgent-and-radiation-warnings-you-wont-get-mainstream-media-video

I will continue to Monitor, Jorge third Nipple, and Roby Getting smaller, as they continue to eat pacific fish. Stay tune for more.

Some articles are even saying that rainfall is contaminated, and everything that eats this tainted water is contaminated...

Well guys, we killed ourselves...

anyways im going fishing

jorluivil
11-21-2013, 07:51 AM
If you guys are that concerened stop fishing and eating fish.

ful-rac
11-21-2013, 08:39 AM
Looks like were just going to have to fish Irvine on a permanent basis.....:eek:

StinkyMatt
11-21-2013, 09:10 AM
I agree with all the posters that say that strange things are happening due to increased radiation.

Just the other day I discovered that a part of my body has doubled in size to 19.5 inches!:eek:

I was gonna go see a doctor but Goerge's old lady flattened all my tires and said it will not be necessary.:D

Guys, get a life and quit posting this dumb crap.:)

Fishwhisperer619
11-21-2013, 09:16 AM
The way i see it, if we let all of these stories keep spreading, we can keep more people off the water and it'll all be for us!. So now the whole socal coast is toxic and everyone should stay away

Fiskadoro
11-21-2013, 12:21 PM
Guys, get a life and quit posting this dumb crap.:)

I hear that.

I used to make fun of political blogs and the various ways they misinform the partisan extremists in order to sway elections. My take was that this would eventually cause a reality gap where the people who believed the total crap these sites put out would eventually come across as misinformed idiots, and as a result marginalize themselves. In that light is seems we now have a whole other set of false news sources that are pandering to the general public that make those blogs look like the New York Times.

Upworthy, USAHITMAN, WorldtruthTV, Viralnova, freedomshammer, (just to name a few posted on facebook this morning) along with hundreds of these non-news drama source sites are putting out total nonsense. Cutting and pasting together plagiarized material and made up trash to create a truthy mix of facts and fiction to create hits through direct misinformation.

The result is a wildly misinformed public that believes all kinds of insane bullshit.

At best this is just pure greed. Obviously the people behind these sites make money spreading this misinformation. At worst these sites could be well be funded by business interests that would benefit by a dumbed down, scientifically illiterate population, that's less concerned with the realities like day to day pollution, and completely obsessed about useless well hyped fictions.

The truth is London is closer to California then Fukushima. The Pacific is roughly half the size of the planet on the surface and holds almost 2/3rds of the earths water in its depths.

People are saying up to a million gallons of radioactive water has reached Pacific due to Fukushima. Sounds like a lot, but to put that in perspective Irvine lake holds someothing like 35 million gallons of water.

Go to google maps and search out Irvine lake. It's the biggest reservoir in it's county, and it's a decent size. Now zoom out and see how big it is compared to So. Cal or even Catalina, the whole state of California, even the US, and now zoom all the way out and see how big it is compared to the whole Pacific Ocean. Grain of sand on a beach comes to mind.

That may give you some perspective, but that's only looking at the surface area and it doesn't show the tremendous depth of the majority of the Pacific.

If someone really believes that Fukushima has contaminated 2/3rds of the planets water to the point it's toxic enough to make our California fish contaminated. I'd suggest they go to Idaho, dig a big hole in the ground, construct a Doomsday bunker, and crawl in it.

Quite simply it'd be the end of the world. The day 2/3rds the planets water is too toxic to fish from, is the day we're doomed and humanity is done.

Speaking of digging holes.

I went to all the other world news agencies

Impressive!!! I admit I have not looked at ALL the news sources in relation to this and even if I had ALL the time in the world probably never could.

Who needs quality when there is quantity.:you_rock:

any american news is shut out for some reason

No doubt it's a big conspiracy. Damned scientists are always so sneaky. :iagree:

Japanese dont know what to do with three reactors

Yet they are so good at making electronic devices, toys, and have some experience with radioactive problems .

http://www.thegreenhead.com/imgs/xl/monstrous-godzilla-model-xl.jpg

So water it down has been the answer

Cooling with water... who could of seen that coming?:notworthy:

With the northern hemisphere ocean currents moving clockwise,The predictions were that the majority of iodine cesium and tritium ingested by the foodchain,should reach the west coast by 2014.Then we can check and see just how bad it is for the west coast......Any further mishaps with the 1500 spent fuel rod removal from reactor no.4 will be the biggest radiation fire the planet has ever seen.....

Thankyou for that impressive in depth analyses. I'm amazed by how you've taking such a complicated situation and boiled it down (no doubt with water) to it's most simplistic of terms.:cheers1:

Me?Im watching closely

Thank God for that. Glad you've found such a productive use of you time, and I must say I've always been impressed at your tinacity when it comes to keeping the population informed about disturbing socially realtive subjects and injustices. I'm sure you'll keep posting about this for years to come and keep us all richly informed. Thanks for That!!:gnorsi:

jruiz
11-21-2013, 01:10 PM
You should of seen the dump I took this morning. It was easily 5 tetrabecquerels.

makobob
11-21-2013, 01:21 PM
You should of seen the dump I took this morning. It was easily 5 tetrabecquerels.

You need to borrow a front end loader? Or a back end unloader?

Fiskadoro
11-21-2013, 05:26 PM

Now that sounds toxic!!! I just hope you were not kayaking or you might of tainted the whole Pacific. :D

monkeyfishturds
11-24-2013, 04:19 PM
Drake, this is a discussion worth having. Thanks for posting it.

jorluivil, after almost 4000 posts, i'm surprised your telling everyone to STFU.

Fiskadoro, try not hating. You'll be a better man for it.

This is terrible, nothing good can come from this pollution. Please don't hate me for having an opinion.

jorluivil
11-24-2013, 04:37 PM
jorluivil, after almost 4000 posts, i'm surprised your telling everyone to STFU.

:you_rock:

bubblehide
11-24-2013, 05:00 PM
Drake, this is a discussion worth having. Thanks for posting it.

Fiskadoro, try not hating. You'll be a better man for it.

This is terrible, nothing good can come from this pollution. Please don't hate me for having an opinion.

No brother no, it's like being at the launch, you need to show the love!

Fiskadoro
11-24-2013, 11:15 PM
jorluivil, after almost 4000 posts, i'm surprised your telling everyone to STFU...... try not hating. You'll be a better man for it.

:you_rock:

wiredantz
11-25-2013, 06:38 AM
No matter, where you come from. How much you love your secret honey hole. No matter how much you tried to protect your secret area.

The water is being contaminated, to what extent?

Lets just say when we start running more test on fish, as the contamination continues. California of Fish and Wildlife might just be called:

California Department of Contaminated Fish and WIldlife.

Or California is going to raise the acceptable level once again for Nuclear contamination.

Drake
11-25-2013, 08:38 AM
Wait...you guys are still talking about this shit?

:confused::confused::confused::confused:

Dannowar
11-25-2013, 08:49 AM
Proud to have never posted in this thread

Wait

Dammit

jorluivil
11-25-2013, 09:14 AM
Wait...you guys are still talking about this shit?

:confused::confused::confused::confused:

I guess I'm not the only one wondering Why It's still going on.

Jimmyz123
11-25-2013, 10:55 AM
Life's too short to worry about this all the time, we're all going to die someday whether it's from stuff that we eat, or just the way life is, it's going to happen.

Eat up!

wbrewski
11-25-2013, 11:05 AM
Glad I am wearing my waders, easier to get rid of the BS. Dead sea lions, wonder if they make good lobster bait?
Just think ,radiated lobsters growing to 10 to 40 lb. We will need bigger hoop nets.:cheers1:

I am too old to worry about this.

StinkyMatt
11-25-2013, 11:11 AM
I once wore a pair of socks that had holes in them. On the big toe!

After a few hours of wearing these socks I changed them.

(Completely useless info above, just like the "research" posted earlier in the post)

A serious discussion based on facts is worth having. A bunch of Internet crap posted under the guise of data is useless. Just because you heard it or read it somewhere does not make it factual.

Frank, you should know better by now.:D

wiredantz
11-25-2013, 02:11 PM
California Department of Toxic Fish and Wildlife :D

Fiskadoro
11-25-2013, 03:44 PM
No matter, where you come from. How much you love your secret honey hole. No matter how much you tried to protect your secret area.

No Radiation in Malibu!!! :wsb:

bubblehide
11-25-2013, 08:47 PM
Just think ,radiated lobsters growing to 10 to 40 lb. We will need bigger hoop nets.:cheers1:

I am too old to worry about this.

Alpha area off of San Nick still has 40 pounders, well they sure did the last time I was there. But that spot is by invitation only now; and you have to be a fitted member of the club. Brewski, weren't you once a member? On a side note, I would be surprised if radiation from all those tubes heading out to sea was the cause of those lobster getting so darn large.

easyday
11-25-2013, 10:50 PM
I hunt bigfoot.....

bubblehide
11-26-2013, 05:56 AM
I hunt bigfoot.....

WAAAAAAA-OOOOOOOOP!

beef78
12-16-2013, 08:20 PM
Sorry if anyone has already posted this link. I have experience in this field and thought it put things into a nice visual representation.
http://www.lifelibertyhealthiness.com/2013/12/why-im-not-afraid-of-fukushima/

Fiskadoro
12-17-2013, 12:07 AM
Sorry if anyone has already posted this link. I have experience in this field and thought it put things into a nice visual representation.
http://www.lifelibertyhealthiness.com/2013/12/why-im-not-afraid-of-fukushima/

Another good one that debunks the nonsense has been put out by Kim Martini a Physical Oceanographer at the Joint Institute for the Study of Atmosphere and Ocean at the University of Washington. She basically goes through all the gifs and myths that are being thrown around and explains why they are not true. Worth the read for those interested in a fact based Scientific perspective vrs popular mythology..

True facts about Ocean Radiation and the Fukushima Disaster

http://deepseanews.com/2013/11/true-facts-about-ocean-radiation-and-the-fukushima-disaster/

"...On March 11th, 2011 the Tōhoku earthquake and resulting tsunami wreaked havoc on Japan. It also resulted in the largest nuclear disaster since Chernobyl when the tsunami damaged the Fukushima Daiichi Nuclear Power Plant.... Rather unfortunately, it has also led to some wild speculation on the widespread dangers of Fukushima radiation on the internet. Posts with titles like “Holy Fukushima – Radiation From Japan Is Already Killing North Americans (http://jeromiewilliams.com/2013/04/12/holy-fukushima-radiation-from-japan-is-already-killing-north-americans/)” .... keep popping up on my facebook feed from well-meaning friends. I’m here to tell you that these posts are just plain garbage. While there are terrible things that happened around the Fukushima Power Plant in Japan; Alaska, Hawaii and the West Coast aren’t in any danger. These posts were meant to scare people... They did just that, but there is a severe lack of facts in these posts. Which is why I am here to give you the facts, and nothing but the facts..."

Drake
12-19-2013, 08:52 AM
This thread needs to find its way at the bottom of the ocean, just like the radiation :the_finger:

jorluivil
12-19-2013, 09:26 AM
This thread needs to find its way at the bottom of the ocean, just like the radiation :the_finger:

I know, huh:D

Who's the knucklehead that started this thread?

Drake
12-19-2013, 09:31 AM
I know, huh:D

Who's the knucklehead that started this thread?

Some jerkface who thinks he knows how to host tournaments and catch fish :ack2::ack2::ack2::ack2::ack2:

philr21
01-06-2014, 01:00 PM
If it makes anyone feel any better, I've been stationed in Yokosuka most of the last 15 years (off and on, in Korea right now). Yokosuka is about 250 miles from the disaster.

My wife is on Fishing TV shows, been doing so for almost 20 years. She also writes articles on fishing and cooking saltwater fish for a national newspaper and fishing magazine. (Here's a link to one of her vids from like 98 or so). Couple others on Vimeo as well. https://vimeo.com/82826958

Guess what? We still fish in the water and catch and eat fish. Don't know anyone who has gotten cancer yet.

There are some types of fish, especially in waters within probably 20 miles of Fukushima, like flounder and rockfish that we don't even bother going out for. Also, some of the rivers that lead into Tokyo bay have tested high for radiation, and we used to eat the clams from that area, but do no longer.

It's scary and since we can't see the radiation, don't think anyone truly knows what the exact effects will be, but for us, you'd think we would see a lot more effects as close as we are compared to someplace a few thousand miles away.

Also, one of my Navy co-workers, a NUC on lastship, got out and went to college in Tokyo. I asked him if he wasn't concerned about the radiation, and he laughed and told me the types of radiation being leaked were of not much concern. I don't remember the details.

Scary? Yes. Run for the hills time? Not so much.

Iceman
01-06-2014, 02:15 PM
Bump! :D

http://deepseanews.com/2013/11/true-facts-about-ocean-radiation-and-the-fukushima-disaster/

jorluivil
01-06-2014, 03:00 PM
:jig:Bump! :D

Great article!

Fiskadoro
01-06-2014, 07:55 PM
:jig:

Great article!

Yup.

kluts
01-08-2014, 03:36 PM
http://www.washingtonsblog.com/2013/12/fukushima-radiation-hits-west-coast.html also a great read

Fiskadoro
01-09-2014, 01:32 AM
http://www.washingtonsblog.com/2013/12/fukushima-radiation-hits-west-coast.html also a great read

I'm thinking you can't really believe that stuff, so you' gotta be just joking around. :D

That one is pretty funny but this one from the same anonymous source is even more hilarious.

http://www.washingtonsblog.com/2013/12/radiation-seals-sea-lions-polar-bears-bald-eagles-sea-stars-turtles-king-salmon-sockeye-salmon-herring-anchovies-sardines-west-coast-north-americaseals-sea-lions-polar-bears.html (http://www.washingtonsblog.com/2013/12/radiation-seals-sea-lions-polar-bears-bald-eagles-sea-stars-turtles-king-salmon-sockeye-salmon-herring-anchovies-sardines-west-coast-north-americaseals-sea-lions-polar-bears.html)

http://www.washingtonsblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/6a0120a56ab882970c01901ec0aba1970b-800wi.jpg (http://www.washingtonsblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/6a0120a56ab882970c01901ec0aba1970b-800wi.jpg)

"....Is Fukushima Decimating Wildlife in the Western Portion of North America?

We’ve previous documented that seals, sea lions, polar bears, sea stars, turtles, sockeye salmon, herring, anchovies and sardines (http://www.washingtonsblog.com/2013/12/fukushima-radiation-something-else-causing-mass-die-wildlife-pacific-ocean.html) on the West Coast of North America are all suffering mysterious diseases … which are killing many....."

Polar bears on the West Coast!!!!!! I guess that Polar Vortex had a bigger impact then I realized, but the real question is can I hunt them???? Anyone have info on the elusive California Polar bear tag? I'm thinking midwinter must be the season.

Then again after close examination of their evidence this might a team sewer San Pedro Bait operation problem.
http://www.washingtonsblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/1297453350389_ORIGINAL.jpg

Scientists accepting bleeding samples of irradiated Herring indeed :rolleyes:

ful-rac
01-09-2014, 05:33 AM
I'm thinking you can't really believe that stuff, so you' gotta be just joking around. :D

That one is pretty funny but this one from the same anonymous source is even more hilarious.

http://www.washingtonsblog.com/2013/12/radiation-seals-sea-lions-polar-bears-bald-eagles-sea-stars-turtles-king-salmon-sockeye-salmon-herring-anchovies-sardines-west-coast-north-americaseals-sea-lions-polar-bears.html (http://www.washingtonsblog.com/2013/12/radiation-seals-sea-lions-polar-bears-bald-eagles-sea-stars-turtles-king-salmon-sockeye-salmon-herring-anchovies-sardines-west-coast-north-americaseals-sea-lions-polar-bears.html)

http://www.washingtonsblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/6a0120a56ab882970c01901ec0aba1970b-800wi.jpg (http://www.washingtonsblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/6a0120a56ab882970c01901ec0aba1970b-800wi.jpg)

"....Is Fukushima Decimating Wildlife in the Western Portion of North America?

We’ve previous documented that seals, sea lions, polar bears, sea stars, turtles, sockeye salmon, herring, anchovies and sardines (http://www.washingtonsblog.com/2013/12/fukushima-radiation-something-else-causing-mass-die-wildlife-pacific-ocean.html) on the West Coast of North America are all suffering mysterious diseases … which are killing many....."

Polar bears on the West Coast!!!!!! I guess that Polar Vortex had a bigger impact then I realized, but the real question is can I hunt them???? Anyone have info on the elusive California Polar bear tag? I'm thinking midwinter must be the season.

Then again after close examination of their evidence this might a team sewer San Pedro Bait operation problem.
http://www.washingtonsblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/1297453350389_ORIGINAL.jpg

Scientists accepting bleeding samples of irradiated Herring indeed :rolleyes:

There might be some truth in this story.....

We haven't had any sardines at the barge since the meltdown....

JImday is right?!:eek:

bubblehide
01-09-2014, 06:08 AM
There might be some truth in this story.....

We haven't had any sardines at the barge since the meltdown....

That was just the beginning, it's way worse than anyone thought, just look at this: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/alt.gathering.rainbow/44Nn8G_npIg

Don't eat the fish.

monkeyfishturds
01-09-2014, 06:46 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vXDEEq_W2vo&feature=player_embedded

Dr. Michio Kaku

Fiskadoro
01-09-2014, 01:48 PM
That was just the beginning, it's way worse than anyone thought, just look at this: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/alt.gathering.rainbow/44Nn8G_npIg
Don't eat the fish.

Zombie Sardines I had a tank full of those once :D

Fiskadoro
01-09-2014, 02:37 PM

Dr. Michio Kaku

Yeah three years ago Michio called the reactors a ticking time bomb. Unfortunately time bombs have a limitation.... time.

Times linear, it ticks by, and time bombs have to explode in a timely manner to be time bombs. Simply put what he predicted did not happen and we have not heard much from him on this issue since then.

Science celebrities and the role they play in public life is very different from what scientists really do professionally. Academics train for years to develop expertise on very specific topics, and they stick to their expertise because they want credit for their ideas. Scientists on television often comment on areas way outside of their specific training, because it's not the realm of academia and they will not be held to the same standards. This is particularly the case for well-known figures like Micho Kaku. He is often called upon to interpret all things scientific, but he would no doubt be the last person a real scientist would go to as an "expert" on some of the topics he discusses on TV.

Though Kaku is a renowned physicist, his expertise is string theory, which has nothing to do with the type of real on the ground physics involved here. Being able to eloquently talk about some obscure math that may suggest the entire universe is constructed of string like tiny things vibrate and change and even work outside of linear time does not make you an expert on particle physics. I'll admit here that I think string theory for all it's theoretical eloquence is bunk, and there are a lot of physicists that say the same. String theory looks good on paper but it's probably dead wrong on some things, but I guess you could say time will tell, because it's ideas are still being considered even though some are likely going to be eclipsed in the near future.

Anyway on CBS's 60 Minutes and elsewhere, he did claim that this accident would "impact all of humanity" and has "unspeakable consequences." but unfortunately much of what he said turned out to be just hype and never came true. Those TV programs may of called him a "leading nuclear scientist" , but the truth is there's almost no connection between his specific field of theoretical physics and nuclear power.

Oh and by the way Kaku actually has a history of hysteric or perhaps hysterical views. For instance he's suggested that UFOs are driven by Alien life forms from other dimensions. (string theory guys tend to be way out there especially when it comes to dimensions) In the 90s, he spread a bunch of almost mythical lies about plutonium toxicity, and then organized protests against the launch of NASA's Cassini probe on the grounds that it was powered by a radioisotope thermoelectric generator containing plutonium, was going to self destruct and poison the whole atmosphere.

He predicted dire consequences for launch failure, which Duh!!! Never Happened!! Cassini is currently orbiting Saturn and photographing Titan, and it's launch did not poison the planet.

I mean I get it. You watch TV. There is this guy they put on TV. They say he's smart. They say he knows something about physics and you believe him.

That said you might want to take in account that vid is three years old, much of what he said would happen never happened, and the truth is he's just a talking head, and there's almost no connection between his field of theoretical physics and nuclear power.

monkeyfishturds
01-09-2014, 05:05 PM
You are entitled to your opinion, just as everyone is. He only said it could happen. He studied nuclear physics, did you? September 2013 is the last time he discussed the meltdown, i'm surprised you being the king of google search, didn't blast him for that opinion. I'm just glad you didn't claim I said this or that, or claimed absurd motivations for posting on this subject. It's good that we all through out these points of view, it's the best way to find the answers.

kluts
01-09-2014, 06:05 PM
The worst scenario is being played out as we speak,There is no solution to this tripple meltdown,with the fuel melted down into 100 ton blobs all the way through the containment vessels in THREE reactors, and deep into the ground.With a constant round the clock river of water being poured on the reactors as well as the groundwater flowing through it for the last 3 years,and probably the next 100.Whithin the year 2014 we will start seeing the radioactive water in southern cal waters,and after that for the rest of our lifetimes.The pros and cons can say what they will,but those are the facts,make up your own mind and hope the NRC doesnt hide the true radiation readings,as they watch it burn for the next century

Fiskadoro
01-09-2014, 06:09 PM
You watch TV....you believe him.....That said you might want to take in account....

You are entitled....your opinion.,......He studied nuclear physics, did you........ you being the king........ glad you didn't claim I said this or that, or claimed absurd motivations for posting.....

Ha Ha Ha.... things must be really really slow over at the other site, but please!!!! Enough about me!!! :sifone:

I post to the topic, you have your own agenda.

As to your personal motivations.... Well that's not my field of study, or interest. I certainly have my opinion, but ANYONE can look at your posting history here and see exactly what your motivations are.

Fiskadoro
03-18-2015, 06:59 AM
Dr. Michio Kaku..... He studied nuclear physics, did you?

The worst scenario is being played out as we speak........Whithin the year 2014 we will start seeing the radioactive water in southern cal waters,and after that for the rest of our lifetimes...... those are the facts.

You guys got an update on this? :you_rock: