PDA

View Full Version : Leo Carrillo this weekend

TCS
08-29-2013, 10:26 AM
Going camping up there tomorrow. Not sure if I'll bring the kayak or not. Does anyone have recent dope on kayak or surf fishing? Thanks

jorluivil
08-29-2013, 11:34 AM
take your kayak
take a squid jig and some sabikis
take some fresh dead squid
Don't worry about the 'dope', just get our there and fish.

TCS
08-29-2013, 01:42 PM
Thanks for the 'tips'

Yes, I have decided to take the Yak and will try to find bait.

If you don't mind a few more questions....

What direction should I go after launching?
Can you tell me where 'deep hole' is? (No pun intended - just fishing related...)
Is that a good place to go or stick to the kelp near the launch?
What to target around now: WSB? Calicos? Rockfish? Lings?
I'd be particulary interested in going after a Lingcod if WSB is low probability.

Appreciate any advice.

crazyfishnfool
08-29-2013, 02:17 PM
Im planning on hitting the deep hole up sunday early launching from county line around 4:00a.m. ish. county line is about a mile north of leo carillo. easy to reach the deep hole from leo, I just hate launching from leo with rock situation there. I have the cordinates in my gps I will be there in my green malibu x-treme. Feel free to hunt me down help me find the ghosts. Dont forget to bring :jig:scramble egg or glow in the dark.

TCS
08-29-2013, 02:27 PM
Thanks for the offer fishinfool. I will be only be able to fish tomorrow though.

crazyfishnfool
08-29-2013, 04:50 PM
If you work the kelp to the left of the launch out of leo carillo theres alot of rock piles. that hold some rock fish. as well a calicos and the occasional ghosts run threw. there should be squid not even a half mile out look for the birds. good luck lemme know how you do.:reel:

jorluivil
08-29-2013, 04:56 PM
Go north

momo fish
08-29-2013, 06:04 PM
listen to the man.. 40 min paddle north and have fun with some :wsb:

Go north

TheBentRod
08-29-2013, 06:16 PM
listen to the man.. 40 min paddle north and have fun with some :wsb:

No :wsb:, but Rockfish and lings.