PDA

View Full Version : What's it like ?

TJones
08-31-2013, 12:13 PM
On Labor Day at LJ. Is it a mad house boat traffic wise ? Any opinions pls.

jorluivil
08-31-2013, 01:18 PM
Lets just say that you'll probably spend as much time on the freeway as you will on the water fishing.

kobra
08-31-2013, 01:23 PM
Lets just say that you'll probably spend as much time on the freeway as you will on the water fishing.

If not more. :mad:

todd one
08-31-2013, 01:26 PM
Get there real early for parking. Around the shore will be packed when you land. As far as boat traffic, it won't be to dad out there in the ocean. The bay, now that's another story.

ctfphoto
08-31-2013, 01:29 PM
Put it this way ......

I have lived in San Diego my whole life and for the first time ever went to the beach (mission bay) on the 4th of July for a family obligation .....

OMG ..... I have never seen so many people in my life, as well as the worst traffic ...worst parking ever ..... and then I looked at the water, looked like more people in and on the water than water itself.......

You may be ok at 4 am but be prepared to "never Leave" kinda like in the song Hotel California

todd one
08-31-2013, 01:41 PM
Like CTF said, get in at 4:00 am. Get out early to mid afternoon, before the exit rush and you'll be alright. I did it last year.

alanw
08-31-2013, 02:05 PM
Here's a few pics of the beaches on holidays http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=chinese+swimming+pool&FORM=HDRSC2

TJones
08-31-2013, 02:06 PM
Running wide open on the water spookn fish, what little remain. I need to bag a yellow.

beef78
08-31-2013, 02:21 PM
Running wide open on the water spookn fish, what little remain. I need to bag a yellow.

Wasn't too bad today. I launched at 5 and there were a few kayaks and 3 boats. There were a handful of power boats that showed up at about 10:00 and started making waves and chasing dolphins. Landing was a pain because there were a lot of idiots on paddle boards and people snorkeling right in front of the launch. Lots of bait but no YT or WSB for me. And very sunny. Don't forget the sunscreen.

easyday
08-31-2013, 04:31 PM
Just join us tomorrow for a fun trip from dana point to san o

LawDog
08-31-2013, 04:43 PM
Get there early and make sure your horn works fir the load up when your done. It took me 20 minutes to get off the beach today AFTER I loaded up. Looked like all tourists. Just had to get out and let everyone know they were blocking an active boat ramp. Tried to be as nice as possible but I was a bit irritated after I broke by favorite rod. But chances are I'll be back at least one more time between sat, sun or Monday.

dorado50
08-31-2013, 08:30 PM
Been living at the Shores for 16 years now and its not getting any better or any worse.....it sucks. But the girls are pretty and is what keeps me here (fishing is good too). Launch very early and get off water before noon will make for a good day.

TJones
09-01-2013, 03:45 AM
Great feedback. Working today. Debating it going . May try local .