PDA

View Full Version : 9/23 AM

madscientist
09-23-2005, 09:21 AM
Dreary morning with an offshore breeze that promptly turned from the SSW. Gray and misty. Bait was concentrated in shallow off the pier, right outside the breakers. Dragged a hot sardine and flyline a greenie for 3 hours for nada. Saw nothing encouraging. Water was ugly N of the pier, but better close to the reserve line. All in all a cold blah morning. Off for the weekend but I'll be out Mon and Tuesday AM with a friend from NY, hoping to repeat my success as a guide.

Lit-up1
09-23-2005, 03:12 PM
Brad,

Sorry no radio---7:45 AM--A large spot of YT came up north of the pier on the far side of the canyon. I saw birds going off and got into it. My flylined (only) greenie went off and it was fish on. I saw some jumping and they looked to be in the 10-15# range. All chasing small baits. Well I had my fish very close to the boat and then It took off hard-#@%#&*%# furdog took it away. I chased it around and watched it eat my fish for a while, but that was it for me. By then the school had headed north it looked like to me. I saw a PB er hook two from the school while I was on mine. Nothing huge, but still fun and quite a few fish.
Sunday maby---

Dave

madscientist
09-23-2005, 03:54 PM
I thought you looked to be on something. I was determined to stay with the butt hunt to no avail. Nice seeing you, Dave, and congrats again on your bass slaying.