PDA

View Full Version : DIY Paracord Jig/Fly

makoslayer
09-02-2013, 12:58 PM
So Ive been making some of those paracord bracelets, rod leashes, rifle slings and remembered something I saw awhile back, a paracord jig. Its really simple to make and anyone can make it.

Just need whatever cord is laying around. I made a step by step guide if anyone wanted to try it out.

These can also be used to make sabiki rigs/mackerel rigs for bait gathering or even for bass, lings etc. Its pretty versatile.

Hope you enjoy it!

http://www.makoslayer.com/2013/09/paracord-flyjig.html

makobob
09-02-2013, 01:06 PM
Work well for rock cod.

Ddwineguy
09-02-2013, 02:48 PM
That's really cool. Thanks for posting it.

LawDog
09-02-2013, 08:27 PM
Pretty nifty. That would hold some bait attractant well. Get em good and smelly.

makoslayer
09-02-2013, 10:53 PM
Pretty nifty. That would hold some bait attractant well. Get em good and smelly.

Just dunk em in some gulp juice and good to go!

taggermike
09-03-2013, 08:05 AM
Depending on color and size of cord you could make about any live bait imitation lure you wanted. A long black or dark cord would make a eel/tube style lure for east coast stripers. A bit of lead and some bead eyes and those things would look world class. I fish a few places that are loaded with toothy fish, the paracord would hold up way better than plastics. Thanks for the great idea. Mike

makoslayer
09-03-2013, 06:57 PM
Depending on color and size of cord you could make about any live bait imitation lure you wanted. A long black or dark cord would make a eel/tube style lure for east coast stripers. A bit of lead and some bead eyes and those things would look world class. I fish a few places that are loaded with toothy fish, the paracord would hold up way better than plastics. Thanks for the great idea. Mike

I actually made some for eels for the upcoming striper season here in virginia. I made a snake weave Ill show you guys pretty soon. Then got a 2 long shank hooks and put one close to the end and one near the middle that are connected with wire.