PDA

View Full Version : New to the area and the forum

Kayak_Bernie
09-06-2013, 07:57 AM
Hi everybody! I just thought I would take a quick second and introduce myself!

I am new to San Diego, I just moved here mid July from Portland,OR. I lived in OR for only about 8 months, before that I lived in the Midwest. I got started kayak fishing in IL, WI, and MI with plenty of trips to the saltwater in NC, SC, and FL.

I am anxious to learn about the fishing here and I have been reading as many post as possible on the forum and absorbing as much knowledge as I can.

I've been out to Mission Bay a few time and have caught a few spotted bay bass and a little barracuda. I went out to LaJolla one day and caught a lizardfish and a bunch of big greenback mackerel that were all 12"-14"

I'd love to meet up with some folks here in SD to fish with out on the water, or just grab a beer and talk fishing. Not asking for your secret fishing spots, just a point in the right direction. The kayak fishing community in the Northwest was amazing and I learned so much from those guys and I hope to find the same down here in San Diego!

Thanks and I hope to meet a bunch of you in the near future. In the very near future I will be heading back out to LaJolla Saturday 9/7 to try again. So look for a yellow OK Prowler Big Game with a big guy on it and more than likely that'll be me.

Cheers, Bernie

William Novotny
09-06-2013, 08:37 AM
Welcome to the board. Im North of you in orange county and don't make it down south too often but there are plenty of good guy on this site that will help you out. Tight lines!

MrPatrick
09-06-2013, 09:43 AM
I'll make the obligatory "Weekend at Bernie's" reference.
There it's out of the way.
If you ever see me on the water, come over and say hi. I'll share any help I can offer. I've been known to share lures as well.