PDA

View Full Version : Ventura area kayak fishing

Slinke79
10-23-2013, 09:28 PM
Hello everyone!

I just got a hobie pro angler. I took it out to Channel islands harbor today for the first time, I had a blast but didn't catch much. I would like to try some other spots or at least get outside the break wall... Any one out there feel like showing a kayak rookie how it's done. I'm an ok fisherman but I could use some help. I just ordered some halibut rigs and an assortment of dodger flashers, I'm looking to to some drift fishing for flatties.

1b-1s-1b
10-24-2013, 03:53 AM
I think this BWE thing is spreading North. I too am a newbie and put in at the Kidde Beach at CIH. I just received my 240cm paddle and have to try it out, maybe Friday afternoon around 3:00pm - 3:30pm. I have to see how work treats me on Friday, but I need to see how much that 240cm makes a difference if any

I too want to fish and want to drag a 'chovie along SilverStrand towards the mouth of Hueneme. Nice sandy bottom along that stretch of beach.

Slinke79
10-24-2013, 06:56 PM
I'll be fishing a lot since I just got laid off. I'm always looking for someone to paddle out with...

Ggiannig89
11-05-2013, 07:09 PM
You guys might want to try posting in tge general kayak fishing discussion. This area is for fishing tournaments. Good luck:reel:

momo fish
11-06-2013, 07:05 PM
I may join you as I was laid off last week after 13 years with company..
send me your phone number.. Once I drop kids off I am free from 8 to 3..

I'll be fishing a lot since I just got laid off. I'm always looking for someone to paddle out with...