PDA

View Full Version : Dana Point 11-5-2013

CKallday71
11-05-2013, 02:28 PM
Launched from the beach in the harbor at 5:30 and headed out in the SERIOUSLY COLD morning. Fingers were so cold I could barely tie a knot.

It was a beautiful sunrise though and I was happy to see the sun come up because I was looking forward to it warming up!

As I headed out of the barn I hung a left and headed north. I got a couple meter marks as I passed the first 5MPH buoy. I tossed a plastic on a skirted jig and popped a nice barely legal Sandy. Great way to start the morning but I was seeing bigger meter marks so I dropped a whole defrosted squid on a dropper loop. About 8 seconds after it hit the bottom my rod went bendo and soon I landed my personal best sandy.

Decided to head further north past the big rock pile and dropped down some thawed squid to soak while I tossed plastics in the kelp. My clicker started to sing and even after putting my AVET SX in gear line still pulled, at that point I was grinning like the village idiot. Whoever was swimming around at the other end of my line decided to play ring around the rosy with the kelp and after a while I was fighting nothing but kelp. In the immortal words of Homer Simpson, D'oh!! Whatever it was had LOTS of fight, and grunt... Sigh... Oh well, next time.

Keep it keel side down guys, hope you all have a great week.

Poxy Boggards
11-05-2013, 02:38 PM
Nice Bass, and looks like a beautiful morning. You headed left to go north?

CKallday71
11-05-2013, 02:40 PM
My dyslexic left yes...

I do that all the time. Don't ever ask me for directions!

Nice Bass, and looks like a beautiful morning. You headed left to go north?

Amish Ed
11-05-2013, 02:51 PM
Good job on the PB. Looks like the wind wasn't up much either. Was it offshore when you first paddled out?

CKallday71
11-05-2013, 04:41 PM
Not much wind at all really. Just stinking cold.

Vikingj
11-06-2013, 10:19 AM
Sweeet Sandy! Thanks for the report. Does 3 lefts make a right?