PDA

View Full Version : Cali fishing road trip route..need help!!!

bmilluh23
11-17-2013, 08:27 PM
hey BWE members, i need your help. I am trying to put together a road trip for myself and two other buddies. We would love to do a variety of fishing throughout California. We are set on passing through the mammoth area and also lake Tahoe, but the rest is open for your guys opinions! We want to do a good amount of fly fishing but also, lake fishing?, saltwater shore fishing? rivers? anything! Open to camping some nights or staying in cheap hotels others? Could bring inflatable boat with trolling motor for lakes. We are starting here in the oc. We have trucks for all the necessary gear. What time of year would you go? What route would you take? whats a must? Help us out! :you_rock:

wbrewski
11-18-2013, 09:40 AM
hey BWE members, i need your help. I am trying to put together a road trip for myself and two other buddies. We would love to do a variety of fishing throughout California. We are set on passing through the mammoth area and also lake Tahoe, but the rest is open for your guys opinions! We want to do a good amount of fly fishing but also, lake fishing?, saltwater shore fishing? rivers? anything! Open to camping some nights or staying in cheap hotels others? Could bring inflatable boat with trolling motor for lakes. We are starting here in the oc. We have trucks for all the necessary gear. What time of year would you go? What route would you take? whats a must? Help us out! :you_rock:

Great steelhead fishing on the Trinity River this time of year.:cheers1:

bmilluh23
11-18-2013, 02:23 PM
Great steelhead fishing on the Trinity River this time of year.:cheers1:

im heading up to fish the trinity this Thursday! should be a fun trip, ill post a report when i am back!

alanw
11-18-2013, 03:36 PM
I'm headed up there next week, is the river open for fishing now or is the water flow too low still?