PDA

View Full Version : Fishing on Black Friday

h-james
11-28-2013, 06:51 PM
Hi all,
I had tomorrow off, and was looking to get out on the water tomorrow. As I have been trying to get to Dana Harbor and as I have not fished out of there before, I will head there in the morning.
The weather report shows chance of rain for tomorrow, so we will see if I make it out in the morning. I hope I do..
After researching the launch choices, it seems baby beach, the boat launch, and doheny beach seem to be the choices. Is any one location better than the other due to location, parking, trek to the launch, etc?
Any info would be greatly appreciated.
Tight lines,
James

igotpron
11-28-2013, 08:23 PM
I would avoid baby beach. Unless you plan on fishing the harbor with plastics. It's a bit to far of a trek to the bait barge or the harbor mouth. My pick would be boat launch, 5 minute paddle to bait and 5 minute paddle out of the harbor with out contending with a beach launch.

h-james
11-28-2013, 08:36 PM
Thanks for the info, IGotPron. I'm sure I will get a feel for the set up of the harbor, AFTER I get there. For now, your info helps out a lot.

alanw
11-28-2013, 09:33 PM
Baby Beach is free to park and launch, but there's a 15-20 minute paddle to the bait barge and harbor opening.

The launch ramp is convenient and close to the bait barge and harbor opening, but it costs $10.00 to launch (bring cash).

Doheny Beach costs $1.00 per hour to park and you have a surf (usually small) launch and landing.

When I don't mind the short paddle and want to save $10.00 I launch at Baby Beach, but usually I just use the launch ramp.

CKallday71
11-29-2013, 05:22 AM
I always launch at baby beach. The 10 minute peddle from the beach to the barge doesn't bother me.

Raskal311
11-29-2013, 07:34 AM
I don't mind the 15min peddle to the barge either it's the 25min peddle back that bothers me :D

mrJB
11-29-2013, 09:00 AM
:hahaha: ...bunch of girly-men... ;)