PDA

View Full Version : Wading Jacket black friday deal

makoslayer
11-29-2013, 03:48 PM
http://goo.gl/FhjGO8

Wright & McGill Essentials Big Horn Wading Jacket $132

just picked up the wading jacket. 40% off right now. PLus got some decent glacier gloves for $20.

GregAndrew
11-29-2013, 05:00 PM
I learned the hard way about the difference between wading jackets and paddle jackets. You do not want to fall off your yak in a wading jacket. The zippers are generally rainproof, but not waterproof (even though they may claim that). And the pockets will fill up with water making it hard to remount your yak (I had to take mine off). And the cuffs and neck will not be sealed, allowing water inside.

makoslayer
12-03-2013, 07:38 AM
I learned the hard way about the difference between wading jackets and paddle jackets. You do not want to fall off your yak in a wading jacket. The zippers are generally rainproof, but not waterproof (even though they may claim that). And the pockets will fill up with water making it hard to remount your yak (I had to take mine off). And the cuffs and neck will not be sealed, allowing water inside.

Luckily I fish both surf and kayak and it doesnt get to rough out here unless we get a Noreast coming in. I need one of these bad boys since i went out a couple days ago and it was 30F. lol