PDA

View Full Version : "Kayak Sportsperson of the year"....

dorado50
11-30-2013, 05:51 PM
award....maybe or could be a new addition to BWE!. Given out to someone who makes a difference for this kayak fishing community. Some great efforts come to mind already, Wade and his tourneys, Makobob's efforts to bring kayak fisherman together, Pal and his efforts against the mlpa,to name a few. A list of nominees at the end of the year,voted on by BWE members.......just a thought.

jorluivil
11-30-2013, 07:52 PM
That's a great idea.

Drake
11-30-2013, 07:55 PM
Jorge and his efforts to give Candy a new set of teeth :D

bubblehide
11-30-2013, 08:00 PM
I vote for the whole damn team, Team Sewer that is; infused with life, friendless, openness. Hell the team has this one hands down!

makobob
11-30-2013, 08:08 PM
I vote for the whole damn team, Team Sewer that is; infused with life, friendless, openness. Hell the team has this one hands down!

2X. 3X, 4X Team Sewer!!!!!

dorado50
11-30-2013, 10:24 PM
u can't vote yet! there's no official ballot..:doh:

Fiskadoro
12-01-2013, 03:56 AM
It's easy to support the current high profile posters like the Team Sewer guys or Mako Bob but I think everyone needs to remember those guys who were the pioneers of the kayaking scene who hardly post at all.

Monkeyfishturds, Klutz, The Great Blumpkin, Roundeye, these were the guys that beat the surf and went out with just a rod a paddle and a rope back in the 80s and 90s and set the gold standard for Kayak fishing.

Kayaker of the year how about a lifetime award.

I know it now seems like these guys are bitter old dudes that don't want anyone else to have a good time. That they do not want anyone to innovate, try new things, share info, or get attention of any sort, or even have any fun at all.

That they lurk here not to help others but to step in and remind us that they are aloof and Godlike, while we are idiots for exchanging info. That all this posting guff is a sham and that the best days of internet info exchange existed before the internet existed.

Yep those days when only they fished their personal playgrounds in glass or inflatable kayaks (plastic had not been invented) and no-one could share info (before the internet) Those were the best days of kayak fishing ever and we all should get back on track and exchange nothing but gripes, barbs and insults for the good of the sport.

I mean all you new guys don't get it. Real fishermen never post jack to help others, and they know they must attack others that do post info.... be it online, on websites they really don't use, at the launch sites, with verbal abuse or even vandalizing vehicles. These are the guys that are willing to go the extra mile for the kayaking community and they deserve your support.

Don't be fooled by friendly faces, events and comradery. Real kayakers know that all the web is good for is attacking the people who actually try to use it to help others.

In this light I nominate all the above as the best posters BWE has ever seen. Please show them your love and support in the upcoming popularity contest.

(Last edited by Fiskadoro to say: "Damn I just hit 1300")

StinkyMatt
12-01-2013, 06:46 AM
Leave it up to JimDay (again) to take a perfectly good idea and take it somewhere where it did not need to go. :(

Jim, let go of your bitterness and take care of your paranoia. It's really getting old, every one of your posts is infused with so much (supposedly) hidden trash talk.

Stop talking about the (old) Malibu guys that are out to get you. That boat has sailed like 3 decades ago. Just go fish.

You are a wealth of fishing knowledge, been around a while and I enjoy reading your technical replies. But leave the other junk out of it.

Great idea dorado 50.

Fiskadoro
12-01-2013, 07:32 AM
Jim, let go of your bitterness and take care of your paranoia. It's really getting old, every one of your posts is infused with so much (supposedly) hidden trash talk..

I swear no-one get's my sense of humor. :D

With all do respect ..... You're totally missing it, and definitely taking things way to seriously.

I've always found the whole web vendetta thing to be ridiculous. Who's in what clique, who's going to exclude who, who's going to sign up with fake accounts to badmouth someone else on message boards they do not even use, it's all just an absurd joke.

That said: Though I may not get emotionally involved in that game I do reserve the right to make fun of them. I mean what the hell: if you can't laugh at it ultimately they will make you as crazy as they are.

We are all fisherman that's why we are here. I got my first account on the web and went straight to a message board to talk about fishing. I didn't go there to talk shit... I went to exchange info. People posting on message boards in order to stop others from posting on message boards has got to be one of the most crazy things that's ever occurred in the whole history of human discourse. I mean if they're not here to share what the hell are they here for.

I like you Matt. I like the things you post. I think your a decent guy and I'd fish with you any time. I'm certainly not here to fight with you.

Sorry my post pissed you off. Honestly I was joking around about a subject that personally I find pretty damn funny, but things don't always come across as they are intended online.

bubblehide
12-01-2013, 07:59 AM
Fiskadoro, what the hell were you thinking. Clearly you left out the BWE's most significant contributors, Bubbleboy and DimJay. Few posters have contributed so much with so little.

dorado50
12-01-2013, 08:28 AM
It could even be a guy/girl who goes out fishing and takes a few plastic bags with him/her and collects all the garbage he/she comes across. Not doing it to become "sportsman of the year" but because that's just the way they are!:luxhello:

Jim Day...I'm not feeling it bro......:confused:

alanw
12-01-2013, 08:48 AM
I swear no-one get's my sense of humor. :D

I get it dude, good stuff. Don't pay any attention to the haters.

dorado50
12-01-2013, 09:12 AM

Is that all you got?. How about some quality ideas?.

Jim, I was thinking this would be more of a "present/future" thing. Living in the past is no way to live!

Fiskadoro
12-01-2013, 09:13 AM
Jim Day...I'm not feeling it bro......:confused:

Damn!!! I guess that means no "Kayak Sportsperson of the year" for me this year :(

Fiskadoro, what the hell were you thinking. Clearly you left out the BWE's most significant contributors, Bubbleboy and DimJay. Few posters have contributed so much with so little.

Gary step away from the keyboard your FN killing me :biggrinjester:

Thanks man! I really appreciate the comeback :D

bubblehide
12-01-2013, 09:22 AM
[QUOTE=Fiskadoro;175951]Damn!!! I guess that means no "Kayak Sportsperson of the year" for me this year :(

Jim get over it, this is likely to become an annual event; there is always next year:sifone:

Fiskadoro
12-01-2013, 10:26 AM
Jim get over it, this is likely to become an annual event; there is always next year:sifone:

Dude I'm so bitter :(

(salty and bitter)

jorluivil
12-01-2013, 03:22 PM
I don't think that someone should be nominated as kayak sportsperson of the year just because he/she is some sort of idol or is a pioneer of the sport, the title alone should tell you that. Personally, I think it should be someone who dedicates time to the sport, supports others, and provides valuable information. If I was to nominate anyone it would have to be Matt (Stinkymatt)........just kidding.

Personally, I would nominate someone like Greg Andrew. Stop for a minute and look at some of the things he's done this year:

Rod rescue
underwater video
6 volt LiFeP04 batteries
CKFS tournament mediator during my fiasco
fishes with Team Sewer, this alone says a lot
bought me and Tony lunch today :D

I'm sure there are many other things that he's done that I can't think of right of at the moment.

ful-rac
12-01-2013, 03:39 PM
I don't think that someone should be nominated as kayak sportsperson of the year just because he/she is some sort of idol or is a pioneer of the sport, the title alone should tell you that. Personally, I think it should be someone who dedicates time to the sport, supports others, and provides valuable information. If I was to nominate anyone it would have to be Matt (Stinkymatt)........just kidding.

Personally, I would nominate someone like Greg Andrew. Stop for a minute and look at some of the things he's done this year:

Rod rescue
underwater video
6 volt LiFeP04 batteries
CKFS tournament mediator during my fiasco
fishes with Team Sewer, this alone says a lot
bought me and Tony lunch today :D

I'm sure there are many other things that he's done that I can't think of right of at the moment.

You forgot losing 2, 20 pound halibut today without even seeing them....:eek:

jorluivil
12-01-2013, 04:12 PM
You forgot losing 2, 20 pound halibut today without even seeing them....:eek:

Almost forgot, he can gauge the weight of a hali based on its initial bite, rod bend, how many times it shakes its head and the size of the arch on the sonar........Only a badass can do this:notworthy::luxhello::you_rock::cheers1::D :farmer:

Dannowar
12-01-2013, 04:29 PM
How about everyone gets a trophy and we stop having to have a bloody award for everything.

jorluivil
12-01-2013, 04:32 PM
That only happens little league.

GregAndrew
12-01-2013, 04:47 PM
2? it was at least 4 today Tony. Those sneaky little bastages were pretending to be Lizzard fish today, but I know better (I have espn).

Jorge, while I may be guilty of a few of those things, not a one of them is going to make anybody want to go kayak fishing. Unless that is the only way they are going to get a meal that day.

I like the concept here, too bad the thread got hijacked by insults/comedy (take your pick). Would be nice to recognize people that make a difference in the kayak community. I would nominate somebody like Pal, not just for his MLPA efforts, but for all his kayak related efforts. He has brought a kayakers perspective to print media. Or Jim Sammons, who has given us motivation, desire, publicity and new equipment. Or MakoBob, who has jumped in and done what everyone else thinks someone else should do (organize public trips to vacation locations). Just a few examples of people that make a difference in our sport that deserve recognition.

dorado50
12-01-2013, 05:19 PM
How about everyone gets a trophy and we stop having to have a bloody award for everything.

Your walls must be full of awards......... so......your out.

dorado50
12-01-2013, 05:29 PM
2? i

I like the concept here, too bad the thread got hijacked by insults/comedy (take your pick). Would be nice to recognize people that make a difference in the kayak community. I would nominate somebody like Pal, not just for his MLPA efforts, but for all his kayak related efforts. He has brought a kayakers perspective to print media. Or Jim Sammons, who has given us motivation, desire, publicity and new equipment. Or MakoBob, who has jumped in and done what everyone else thinks someone else should do (organize public trips to vacation locations). Just a few examples of people that make a difference in our sport that deserve recognition.

Sometimes I feel like kayak fishing and BWE is dying a slow death. Probably not so but still cross's my mind occasionally. This concept(different than most others) may/could add more interest to this site and kayak fishing in general?.

Lets not forget about the Darkhorse either.....

driftwood
12-01-2013, 08:23 PM
I wasn't really going to say anything in this thread. But triple chin made me think....the one person that always motivated me to go fishing was Josh. (Darkhorse)

Drake
12-01-2013, 08:37 PM
How about the people behind the scenes? CJ for his work with HOW, Andy for all he has poured into the kayak community, and Adi for dealing with the forums. How about Brent? Do half of you even know who Brent is? Yet he has a big hand in what is going on with this sport.

These guys have taken their love for this hobby and made it a full time job to keep the community breathing.

There are too many people to consider, and all have their own things to contribute. To give the award to any one person, would be to discredit those who didn't win. No one remembers the nominees, only the winner.

I'm not trying to troll, and I do think this is a great idea, but to single handedly recognize one person is too difficult. How about we acknowledge everyone worthy of consideration for their individual contributions?

lamb
12-01-2013, 10:30 PM
Any idea that Dave puts out, I am all ears :)

dorado50
12-02-2013, 06:25 AM
My rational: Its really not about what people have done in the past but maybe more of what someone contributes (or whatever) for this upcoming year(2014) for example. And yes, Brent,Adi,CJ, whomever could be candidates as well. Its all good, just one guys thoughts! D50 over and out:D

wiredantz
12-02-2013, 07:30 AM
:DI mean all you new guys don't get it. Real fishermen never post jack to help others
(Last edited by Fiskadoro to say: "Damn I just hit 1300")

Real fisherman as define by Webster Dictionary of the Careless Association

Is defined as: Team Sewer is the epitomy of what is takes to be a real fisherman

I would like to nominate:

Greg " for his reviving rods that were once thought as dead.
Jimday For always sharing knowledge to what he considers to be truth
TEAM OEX For allowing this website to be up
TONY For introducing us to BUsy Bee
Roby for catching the biggest halibut of his life on a SABIKI
Wade and Ryan for setting up Fishing Events

I was going to put Matt on the list, but he just thinks he is funny.

Jimmyz123
12-02-2013, 07:47 AM
award....maybe or could be a new addition to BWE!. Given out to someone who makes a difference for this kayak fishing community. Some great efforts come to mind already, Wade and his tourneys, Makobob's efforts to bring kayak fisherman together, Pal and his efforts against the mlpa,to name a few. A list of nominees at the end of the year,voted on by BWE members.......just a thought.

I like the idea of this. It's possible that maybe we should have quarterly nominations for people that have done great things to promote the sport, site, groups, or whatever.

This site use to be packed with people that would post regularly and not worry about what was posted, or any of that. There are a lot of great contributors on this site, and I like this idea.

I'm willing to help with the setup of this if you need help.

cabojohn
12-02-2013, 11:59 AM
Coolio D50.:)

Couple guys here deserve a vote for angler/ sportsman of the year ...a couple fools deserve to be thrown over board. (take your pick;))

I am going to nominate ROSSMAN & STEVEO.
These guys consistantly give back, help others and are really cool guys on and off the water. Great anglers too!
I also need to nominate MOYER ~ DESTROYER.
He's a helluva fisherman and he turned me on to Ballast Point Cerveza ...nuff said. :)

To Ross, Steve & Matt...:you_rock:

ful-rac
12-02-2013, 12:24 PM
Couple guys here deserve a vote for angler/ sportsman of the year ...a couple fools deserve to be thrown over board. (take your pick;))

Ok we can start by throwing FRANK overboard....:reddy:

jorluivil
12-02-2013, 12:39 PM

:you_rock: :iagree: :you_rock:

wiredantz
12-02-2013, 01:13 PM

Well i got you on film, when you threw yourself overboard last year :help:

Dannowar
12-02-2013, 01:33 PM
Well i got you on film, when you threw yourself overboard last year :help:

Ayoooooooooo

rossman
12-02-2013, 01:37 PM
Coolio D50.:)

I am going to nominate ROSSMAN & STEVEO.
These guys consistantly give back, help others and are really cool guys on and off the water. Great anglers too!
I also need to nominate MOYER ~ DESTROYER.
He's a helluva fisherman and he turned me on to Ballast Point Cerveza ...nuff said. :)

To Ross, Steve & Matt...:you_rock:
I give a hardy 2nd to Steveooo and Matt but that Ross guy is a prick and probably wants nothing to do with this.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

Old Man in the Sea
12-03-2013, 08:19 AM
I will second Frank's nomination provided FRANK re-posts his 2 funniest videos from his collection of movies....

And Remember when the "Old Man in the Sea" speaks...All good looking kayak fishermen listen...

AND I also had a friend start rolling up a dung ball in east county for anybody who doesn't like my decision....