PDA

View Full Version : Pointers and Fishing Buddies

ROOKIE87
12-09-2013, 01:07 PM
Hey guys,
I am relatively new to kayak fishing in the ocean, went all summer long and caught some threshers and bass in Dana Point. But I would really like to venture out and try it at sea bass and yellows, as everyone else and their mothers. I would love to accompany anyone who wants to take me under their wing in La Jolla or wherever, just young and want to really excel. Been fishing since I could walk but man is it different when you have to be the captain finding the fish as well. Much respect to all of you out there doing the damn thing, and especially Andy from OEX for helping me with my rig.
I posted some pics of my kayak, i sanded it to the bone, painted it partially black, then had the rest wrapped with my design. Took out the seat, and put a captain's chair in it. Put a fishfinder, a raymarine dragonfly, and installed some off road lights, all rigged to a hidden 12v battery.
Got the equipment and the basics, I been fishing on it for about a year, and had two kayaks before, but now just need a sensei to learn from :):wsb::cheers1:

bus kid
12-09-2013, 01:43 PM
I was wondering when that bad ass wrapped PA would come around

http://www.bdoutdoors.com/forums/showthread.php/521112-Kayak-Graphics!

ROOKIE87
12-09-2013, 02:29 PM
Yessir, that's mine, i'm kid dynamtie on bloody decks. The wrap has been a bitch but I have been cutting and gooping to preserve it and make sure it lasts... :)

danjor
12-09-2013, 02:32 PM
I think you need more lights.... lol
Nice kayak

ROOKIE87
12-09-2013, 02:44 PM
Haha brotha I got stuck at night with crappy lights in bad weather wanted to be lit up. Plus the goal is to hoop at night or fish at night when I have a fishing buddy. The crappy reality is there aren't mNy 26 year olds into my hobby let alone fishing

Dannowar
12-09-2013, 03:00 PM
Haha brotha I got stuck at night with crappy lights in bad weather wanted to be lit up. Plus the goal is to hoop at night or fish at night when I have a fishing buddy. The crappy reality is there aren't mNy 26 year olds into my hobby let alone fishing

I'm 27, if you're ever going to la jolla shoot me a PM.

I'll show you all of Deamon's rock piles

danjor
12-09-2013, 03:03 PM

I'm 21 and addicted to fishing!
Currently working my ass off and trying to start a catering business so no time to go fishing right now but hopefully by the summer I will be working for myself so I should have more time.

ROOKIE87
12-09-2013, 03:16 PM
Hell yea guys I'm down I'm willing to drive and split gas too, I bought a truck for my kayak, used to tow the pa with my kayak. Always down to fish especially next year, tired of paying 400 bucks for 20lb seabass on the 6 packs... I really appreciate it guys, I'm josh by the way.

jorluivil
12-09-2013, 03:56 PM
I'm 27, if you're ever going to la jolla shoot me a PM.

I'll show you all of Deamon's rock piles

Ditto :D.

Or as Matt likes to call it, Jim's Honey Hole:eek:

ROOKIE87
12-09-2013, 04:19 PM
Ditto :D.

Or as Matt likes to call it, Jim's Honey Hole:eek:

I'm down!!

JeffB
12-09-2013, 05:39 PM
That's pretty tight!

Dannowar
12-09-2013, 05:53 PM
You could seriously blind a seal with all those lumens.

danjor
12-09-2013, 06:09 PM
Fishing at night a headlamp is bright enough to mess up your fishing buddies night vision for a bit if shined into there eyes. Your kayak on the other hand will summon the kraken! Haha

ROOKIE87
12-09-2013, 06:41 PM
Haha agreed the lights are really bright but at least I can light the way and keep the boogey man away!