PDA

View Full Version : Christmas present!

Fishwhisperer619
12-25-2013, 07:25 PM
Just got a gopro hero 3 black edition for Christmas and it came with the head strap mount and adhesive mounts for it. It suits all my needs except for an over the shoulder view (3rd person). Looking for a pole to mount in either a gunnel or bolt on a scotty mount and put the yak attack panfish pole on it. But for $60? I feel like there is a better way/ deal out there somewhere. Anyone have an old one or know of how I can make a cheap one?

JeffB
12-25-2013, 07:35 PM
Very cool present!

jorluivil
12-25-2013, 08:29 PM
I made one out of PVC, it fits perfect in one of the Rod holders thats mounted to my hobie bait tank. All I need to do to get it to record is reach back and press the button, I've done enough times now that I don't need to turn my head to look for the button/camera. I'm sure you can make one out of PVC for under $10, if I find pics of mine I'll post them.

Fishwhisperer619
12-25-2013, 08:36 PM
I have an off the wall kayak (perception caster 12.5). The gunnels are tilted away from the seat and are ovaled so pvc doesn't exactly fit snug. I think Im gonna try and make one with piping and some scotty gearheads. Any extra gear heads would be appreciated! :D