PDA

View Full Version : San Diego Yellowtail Tag and Release tournament

no_yak
12-27-2013, 11:02 PM
This was originally posted on BD Outdoors, but I wanted to make sure that kayak anglers know that they are included as well.

All Southern California anglers are invited to take part in the first ever San Diego Yellowtail Tag and Release tournament! :reeling:

Cash prizes for the top 3 anglers with the most tagged fish during the tournament period (12/26/2013 - 2/28/2014).

While the tournament period has already begun, there's plenty of time left to participate. Just send me an email and I'll arrange to get you a tagging kit.

Please see the attached flyer or visit our Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/yellowtailtagging) page for more information.

Background info: A fellow fisherman (Dos Ballenas), and I began the Southern California Yellowtail Tagging Program (at Scripps Institution of Oceanography) this past year in order to start learning more about these really interesting and economically important fish. Surprisingly, there hasn’t been any significant research on yellowtail in California since 1960. Considering this, our goal is to begin to understand how large the overall Southern California population is, to learn why inshore areas are such hot spots for these fish, especially in the winter, and to try to figure out where these fish go when they’re not being seen locally. Our overall aim is to begin to collect high-quality, publicly available, information about the fishery and also involve fellow fishermen in the process.

My email is socalyellowtail@gmail.com, please contact me to RSVP for the tournament or to ask any questions.

Thanks to Greenfish apparel, BD Outdoors and BWE for supporting this!