PDA

View Full Version : These guys are good!

driftwood
01-03-2014, 06:08 PM
These guys are fast and efficient!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cUaDnMK3wPM

born2fish
01-03-2014, 08:27 PM
Yea but the trips prices to high:D

CKallday71
01-03-2014, 09:59 PM
Watching that makes me hungry.

619-SWIM-DOG
01-04-2014, 06:54 AM
Anyone use a bubba blade?

Raskal311
01-04-2014, 07:17 AM
Anyone use a bubba blade?

I was going to order one after watching the video but $11.5 to ship a $55 knife was a deal breaker.

Dannowar
01-04-2014, 07:23 AM
I have the 9"flex and the 7" flex. Work for me : )

ZepBonham
01-04-2014, 08:31 AM
I couldn't help but chuckle at the dude sharpening one @ 4:00 in the background. Doesn't seem like something a "commercial" would want to show. Especially because the "bubba blade" dudes probably brought all new knives for these pro's to check out.

But on the other hand... For those who are experienced with filleting...Would it be appropriate to sharpen and brand new knife on the first day? I'm sure that knife cut more than a few tuna before being sharpened.

I have no real opinion on the matter. Simply a curious observation.

Iceman
01-04-2014, 10:55 AM
using a diamond bar every few fish is normal procedure. Bubba Blade! oficial sponsor of Hook Em & Cook Em :D

chuckt
01-04-2014, 11:26 AM
A buddy of mine who does commercial fishing in seattle recommend me the Forchner fillet knife. Wondering if how this one compares to Forchner.

oneyedeer
01-04-2014, 11:36 AM
I couldn't help but chuckle at the dude sharpening one @ 4:00 in the background. Doesn't seem like something a "commercial" would want to show. Especially because the "bubba blade" dudes probably brought all new knives for these pro's to check out.

But on the other hand... For those who are experienced with filleting...Would it be appropriate to sharpen and brand new knife on the first day? I'm sure that knife cut more than a few tuna before being sharpened.

I have no real opinion on the matter. Simply a curious observation.

He is honing the knife not sharpening it. Its good practice to hone your knives every now and then. It helps keeps the edge longer. I havent used a bubba blade yet so dont know how good it is.

OEX Sunset Beach
01-06-2014, 10:19 AM
I was going to order one after watching the video but $11.5 to ship a $55 knife was a deal breaker. I should have 7,9 and 12s flex and stiff in stock in a few days. No added shipping charges.

Raskal311
01-06-2014, 12:33 PM
I should have 7,9 and 12s flex and stiff in stock in a few days. No added shipping charges.

Awesome, planning on coming in for a hobie sand cart and a few other things; will pickup a 9" while I'm at it.

Siebler
01-06-2014, 03:20 PM
A buddy of mine who does commercial fishing in seattle recommend me the Forchner fillet knife. Wondering if how this one compares to Forchner.

Forschner/ Victorinox and Dexter Russel are old standards to sport and commercial fishing. They work very well and is what you will find on most every sportfisher. These are a stainless knife and do hold an edge well. The BubbaBlades are a ceramic blade and are supposed to hold an edge for even longer than a metal blade as the material is harder. Kinda new fangled thing/ craze.

Personally I like Forschner knives. The ha ndles fit my hand well and the blades are great. I also really like some of the old school steel knives. The edges on these hold unbelievable however most people dont like them because maintaining them is harder since they will rust if not kept cleaned and oiled. In fact the only person I know of that uses those still on a all the time basis is Capt Ron Baker.