PDA

View Full Version : YELLOWTAIL CHALLENGE 2014

makobob
01-07-2014, 12:42 PM
Rossman is the only entry from MEXICO, and no one has entered from California, I would will close this down on the 15th of Jan. Time stamped pictures to:
r.moore760@gmail.com

Luck to all. Tight lines and bloody gaffs.

Makobob

TJones
01-07-2014, 01:56 PM
I will something to submit. :confused:

THE DARKHORSE
01-08-2014, 10:49 PM
Oh, come on Bob---time stamped photos are so eighties. I can't even remember having a time stamped photo on one of my images. Old school to say the least.
http://i1279.photobucket.com/albums/y529/ArmedSnorkeler/DSCF1939_zps4758dd06.jpg (http://s1279.photobucket.com/user/ArmedSnorkeler/media/DSCF1939_zps4758dd06.jpg.html)
So how about an on the water photo? And a photo with the fish and a current newspaper!?!? Hopefully that will more than suffice.

Side note: all this talk about Baja Yellowtail pulling harder or something, but I'll agree to disagree. If this fish pulled any harder I would have cut the line.

I've caught plenty on both sides of the border, mind you. In regards to the fight? It depends on a couple key factors. Namely nearby structure and water temps. Water tempurature more than anything else, though. In essence, the cooler the water and elevated levels of oxygen associated with that, the harder they fight. If there's structure that they're aware of near by? That will make them pull harder as well. To those poor souls, though, I have a suggestion: catch larger fish. :D

makobob
01-09-2014, 07:19 AM
time stamped photos are so eighties. Old school to say the least.
So how about an on the water photo? And a photo with the fish and a current newspaper!?!? Hopefully that will more than suffice.

I would except that, when I saw your name on the post I kinda thought...........we had a discussion yesterday and your name came up as a very possible winner.

So people where are the homeguards? One week left to cut off time for Mexican YT. California fishing will stay open until the FIRST YT is caught!

Ross, so far looking like you will win the Mexico Challenge, get one up here and you could win BOTH.

Makobob

ZepBonham
01-09-2014, 09:21 AM
Modern digital picture taking devices stores a file commonly known as metadata. Within that file is a timestamp which can be used to verify date.

TJones
01-09-2014, 09:28 AM
Guess the fish were biting the day I did not meet you ? :D .i knew I should not have gotten toasted for the New Year. :ack2: